• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Fishy Circumstances and Flawed Timelines

UPDATE 12:45PM Central: This just in -- U.S. spokesman says decapitated American was never held by U.S. forces

With several news outlets reporting that Berg's family is angry from the US government over their son's violent death and revelations that "Berg was detained by Iraqi police at a checkpoint in Mosul on March 24. He was turned over to U.S. officials and detained for 13 days" (in other words, he was detained by the US military just prior to his death) -- (AP 5/11/04) we have to question what really happened and who was really behind Berg's horrific murder.

We have received several emails from listeners questioning what really happened including this one:

me and a friend were discussing recent news events and trying to piece together the information presented to us, thought you might want to look into this further, they said in the news that nicholas berg was killed 2 weeks ago (i think), however in the video the culprits who killed him said they were "avenging iraqi prisoner abuse" but those photos weren't released until last week, so my question is how is that even a possible motive if he was killed prior to the abuse photos being released?? maybe i am misinformed but thought id ask the question to someone who would look into it

And this one:

Hey Alex, I know people like me who have learned not to trust our government tend to see a conspiracy under every rock. With that said... The picture the media is now showing of the guy the terrorist beheaded as revenge for what went on in the Iraqi prisons looks odd to me. If you look at the men dressed in black, they all seem well fed. Actually most look fat. That bothers me, because these guys are fighting a war and eating on the run. They are constantly on the move and should be either very fit and trim or scrawny and malnourished because of the same reasons. One thing they should not be is fat like couch potatoes. If you look at all of the photos of the prisoners who were naked who supposedly were just plucked of the street, most of them are thin. Just an observation Alex

And this one:

1) extremely convenient "wag the dog" timing at the height of furor

regarding U.S. torture of Iraqis

2) CNN poll question: "Is the Berg killing a reason for withholding any

remaining Iraq prisoner abuse pictures?" Bush has been reported to be

struggling with question of whether Pentagon should release additional

torture photos. Given that the alleged decapitation of Berg was allegedly

prompted by the first wave of torture photos, Bush could now cite "national

security" issues for witholding additional materials.

3) Berg's last known whereabouts was in U.S. custody.

4) Berg shown in video wearing orange jumpsuit known to be of U.S. issue

(compare with pictures at Guantanamo).

5) Berg mysteriously captured by Al-Quaeda (still wearing jumpsuit). Either

he escaped from U.S. captors or U.S. let him out -- with orange suit and

all -- to be immediately apprehended by Al-Quaeda (before he had a chance to

change).

6) Tape obviously spliced together and heavily edited. Goes from a) Berg

sitting in chair talking about family, to b) Berg sitting on floor with

hooded "militants" behind, to c) blurry camera movement, to d) almost

motionless Berg on floor as head cut off.

7) Audio clearly dubbed in.

8) "Arab" reader flips through pages of "statement" and keeps ending up on

the same page. Perhaps doesn't even known enough Arabic to recognize what

page he's on?

9) "Arabs" have lily-white hands and (other exposed) skin.

10) "Arabs" have Western-style body posture and mannerisms.

11) When Berg decapitated, there was almost no blood. If Berg were still

alive at this point, with the cut starting at front of throat, blood would

have been spraying everywhere. Berg's severed head, the floor, Berg's

clothes, and even the hand of the "Arab" who decapitated Berg had no visible

blood on it.

12) Berg's body didn't move while on the ground. Although held down, Berg

would have tried to instinctively wiggle and writhe away from captor's grip.

13) Camera angle made it impossible to see if Berg's eyes were even open.

14) Alleged "scream" from Berg sounded to be that of a woman and was clearly

dubbed in.

15) Berg goes to great trouble to identify himself, providing information

about his family. Why? To elicit greater sympathy? Or to provide a

positive ID. FBI visited Berg family in an attempt to "verify his

identity". Guy in video looks very little like Berg photos provided by

family.

Jeff Rense has compiled some important information on Berg's detainment and questioning what really happened in his article, " Why Did The US Take

Custody Of Nick Berg?"

Two things are for sure:

First, Berg parents feel that their son was abandoned and betrayed by the US Government.

Second: NeoCons have already started to use Nick Berg's murder to justify torture and more war

Edited by Dr. Luke

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

you would do well to stop reading the conspiracy theories at infowars. not a credible news source.

nick berg was detained, questioned, and released. the US military offered him safe passage into jordan, and nick refused. nick was not contracted to be over there for work... he went on his own hoping to find work.

one of the reasons he was questioned in the first place is because he had anti-semetic literature and a copy of the q'ran in his posession... despite the fact that he was jewish. it was determined that it was likely stuff he'd just picked up in his travels and had no significance.

another reason he was questioned was that nick berg was investigated in the US for having allowed terrorist musowi to use his personal account to send and recieve email while nick attended school with him. JMO, but maybe that literature he had in his posession wasn't just insignificant after all?

now, as for the fat-ness and the white-ness of his captors. infowars must not have much knowledge of photography. i come from a family of professional photographers, so let me fill you in on a couple of things. the reason professional photographers use lighting and reflectors in photo shoots is to make sure the appearance of skin tone is accurate, and to prevent shadowing. without it, a person's skin tone can appear much darker, or much lighter, then it really is.

and with digital technology, it's as easy as a click of a mouse to change the color of one's skin.

as for the fatness, these outfits worn by the butcherers were very loose clothing. it's impossible to tell what the physiques of the individuals were underneath that clothing.

the voice on the tape has been determined to be that of what's his name, the one legged guy who is high up in the al qaeda network.

the body of nick berg was found decapitated on the side of the road last weekend, prior to the video becoming public. his parents were notified of his death prior to the videos being released.

does it really matter if he was dead prior to being butchered? only as far as nick berg was concerned! he was shown alive in the video, he was shown dead in the video. if they killed him off camera before they sliced his head off, thank God for small mercies. i hope his death was quick and relatively painless. but the act of slicing off his head was still gruesome and depraved.

now while you rant about the orange jumpsuit, may i remind you that our military found stockpiles of american issued uniforms that the iraqi's had in their posession, obstensibly to masquerade as our military while perpetrating their war crimes. why then is it so hard to concieve that they may have also been able to obtain orange jumpsuits or have one made?

as for his parents, good grief. if your child had just been murdered, and you knew the US had talked to him, you'd be wanting to place blame on someone, ANYone, who could be held accountable for it, because al qaeda members may never be brought to justice over it.

this conspiracy theory that the US is responsible for his death smacks of paranoia and anti-americanism. you'd do well to disassociate yourself with such garbage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Why is it everyone on Worthy Boards seems to have seen this video and I don't even have a clue where it is...to decide for myself.

I've "heard" this and that but haven't seen this aweful video to tell or discern if it's a crock or the real deal.

Guest LadyC
Why is it everyone on Worthy Boards seems to have seen this video and I don't even have a clue where it is...to decide for myself.

I've "heard" this and that but haven't seen this aweful video to tell or discern if it's a crock or the real deal.

i've had the link to the video download for days, and can't bring myself to watch it. i'll PM you the link. i don't think it's appropriate to publicize it.

I, for one, am glad to hear the point- counter-point of this issue.

One makes a convincing argument until another speaks up and counters that argument...it has the markings of a great debate actually.

I think it's good and enlightening to hear both sides because it does illuminate a person to consider what real from what might be disinformation.

I certainly don't have a position but I'm learning a great deal listening to everyone present their position.

Well, I went to the site that Lady gave me but it's no longer active...but there's a ton of people writing in and lots of commentary...but the language is pretty vulgar...(that's an understatement).

Commentary from all over the world, it seems...some pro-American, some anti-American.

Man, what gets me is the amount of hatred I am seeing in people's posts.

Boy, Worthy Boards is sure a trip to Disney compared to some of these boards...

Geez, man people can be so mean...I mean...MEAN.

Sorry, I'm feeling sheltered here....I thought ignorant people like that were just actors on Jerry Springer.

I guess these people are for real afterall....

Guest charlie

I don't know who killed this poor guy for sure. It was probably terrorists but something is weird about the whole thing. There are just too many coincidences and I for one do not believe in coincidence.

If it turns out that our CIA did it, I wouldn't be surprised, but I sure hope that isn't what happened to this fellow.

Guest LadyC

coincidinces are almost always one of two things:

1.manipulation by mankind to make something appear as other than what it is

2. when God performs a miracle and chooses to remain anonymous.

i think we can safely say there has been a good deal of the first going on with this video.

Guest LadyC

what a shame that some would so easily believe that it is our government's fault.

there are many out there, both on our own soil and elsewhere, that want to divide americans.... for whatever reason. the terrorists have their reasons.... if they divide us, they win the war. the left has its reasons... if they divide america, the democrats win. unfortuantely, if they succeed in dividing us, the terrorists also win the war, because a house divided can not stand.

our government has been more upfront and steadfast than any in recent history. IMO, too much so. the public does not have a right to know everything. much of what keeps coming out in the wash puts our troops in more danger. for THAT, i'm angry with our administration.

Guest charlie

I think you are naive to a point Lady C. I don't trust the Arabs but I don't trust our government either. Look at how some of our own citizens get treated.

I think it's a shame when the government uses the patriotism of it's own citizens to do anything it wants, right or wrong. I agree that there are forces "out there" that want to tear down and divide the United States. My problem is that I believe there are people in our own government who want and are working toward acheiving this....in other words.....they've sold us out.