• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've heard an explanation that a "roaring lion" is actually an older lion of the pack who is too weak to hunt. The job of the roaring lion is to scare the prey towards the direction of the younger lions who are able to actually attack and overcome the prey.

Something else to consider:

I've seen an animated series called Beast Machines where the main bad guy somehow managed to enslave his entire planet; only a group of 5 remained free to try to save the world. Anyway, this bad guy worked with the powers of deceit, manipulation, "possession" of sorts, taking what is true and twisting it in such a way that the good guy couldn't see the trap that was being concocted, using his subjects as pawn, flowery speech that was full of poison, sounding like his rule was for the best of the planet rather than for his ego, . . . .

Boy, if that wasn't a picture of how Satan operates!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brother_Fred

Some of the devil's favorite tools are lies, deceptions, fear, intimidation, just to name a few. We have the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ but we have to be careful that the devil doesn't get us into one of his traps.

Pride is one of the traps that a lot of Christians fall into. We start believing that we are something that we are not. Jesus is the whole reason any of us have anything that we have. If the devil can get us to believe that we have made ourselves then he has us right where he wants us. This is why we are admonished to walk humbly and with humility as did Jesus himself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I've come to understand that the most powerful tool satan uses against me is me. All he had to do was put a negative thought in my head and sit back and watch me run with it. I've learned since becoming a Christian that you shouldn't make your emotions your center point. You should center everything, your body, your heart, your soul on Jesus Christ. Nothing else is reliable. I've also learned to be still when I am hit with negative thoughts and wait on the Lord. Our God is an awesome God. :t2:

God Bless

Jacqueline

Guest Called

I believe the most powerful tool the devil uses against us is our own mind! That kind of goes along with what Jacqueline said! :t2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

I just grasped that this was about imprisioned people and their experiences with spiritual warfare. A great book about this is "In my enemies Camp" by Josef Korbel. It is a true story about how he was imprisoned for ten years in a concentration camp. He was a Salvation Army officer (pastor) in Czechoslovakia when he was arrested. He tells of many times in those ten years he spiritually battled. One time he was being interrogated and they took off his shoes and prepared to whip the bottom of his feet with straps embedded with spikes and he started to pray and they started to whip, but the whips wouldn't touch him. That was so awesome! I love that book and have read it (and the sequel "When the gates were Opened") several times.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

guess that explains why bad things happen to good people........... :laugh::(

• 2 months later...
Guest SavedOn22June03

:oww:

Yes the devil is very active and waiting, and looking for us new christians to devour, but as long as we all stay in the word and know our place in Christ Jesus, the the devil can do nothing to us, because God gave us power of him and all his loser demons. Before I was saved I was in the occult, vampirism and witchcraft for 8 years and all "went well" So I thought, of course I was decieved into thinking all was well, because I was doing what the devil wanted me to do, but as soon as I got decided to turn from my sinful and follow Jesus Christ, that when I understood what the devil really was about and how much I was decieved and lied to. Jesus is LORD And I thank Him so much for saving and setting me free, of the bondage that satan had me in. Jesus Christ gave me a new life in Him, I can see now when before I was totally blinded to the truth and did not wanna believe that I was not a vampire, but Praise the Lord!!

I was saved on June 22, 2003. And before and after that I have had demons casted out of me, and I am seeing a Spiritual Warfare Deliverance counselor, but I am SO much better then what I was before. My counselor has spent over 100,000 hours with me over the phone mostly and in person at times, to counselor and do deliverances on me and each time I had a deliverance the more free and the more clear my head felt and the more I was able to be effective for God. I use to think that if I had just one deliverance that all would be fine, no that is not true, it's a process and ALOT of counselling, but I can not say that is the same for all people, I was into the occult very deeply and was raised in a family that was into the occult. My family was catholic, which I never felt comfortable to begin with so I went my own way, which was vampirism and witchcraft, and living that kind of life was very dark and lonely, at first I "thought" I finally found something to hold on to, to call a family, but as time went by, I began to understand that vampirism was not what i thought it to be, I did rituals and drank human blood, I have seen many manifestations of demons and have been acted by them and raped by them.

And Jesus Christ as set me free from it all by His blood and this testimony. I am writing a book, very soon. It's gonna be about my life in the occult and how I got out of it.

God bless you all.

In Christs Service.

Janet DeHart

Guest mercy777

I believe the devil has a lot of power, and he has a plan, all is for his purpose and his purpose is opposite of God's. He is not only powerful, he is very clever, he knows just how to work a person to weaken and destroy, if possible.

After we know his tricks and limitations, we come to trust God and not allow the devil to get his way with us. Then he goes to our kids and others to get to us. But we know that Roman 8:28 is true, so whatever he does with our kids or others in our lives, we know God will use it for good.

Janet, I am glad you found the way, and got the deliverance.

You could relate to these people in prison, dealing with the demons.

I have nver had any connection with the demons, I was on Jesus' side as far back as I remember and didn't leave Him, I had my trust in Jesus as a child. Nothing like I do today, and not noticed by the enemy until I began serving Jesus in the prison ministry when I was 39.

There is a lot to learn.

I had forgotten this thread, I just read all the posts. That book shared, the prisoner who prayed, sounds like a great book, I would like to read it.

God bless you,

mercy

Guest SavedOn22June03

:t2:

Hello Mercy777,

Accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior has made a BIG difference in my life, that at one time I could never had imagined! Jesus is Lord and nothing could be far from that Truth. He has opened my eyes and showed me that I was being decieved and lied to by satan, that I was not a vampire. I always wondered why I would walk around in a daze, and feel as though I had this "net" hanging over me all the time, I flet like a zombie most of the time, and thats what the demons did to me, Praise God I was never into drugs, I did drink abit and sometimes heavy, I have done rituals and many occultic things in the past, but the past is the past, forgotten in Jesus' eyes. I never thought I could be forgiven of the things that I did. It's amazing what the Lord can and will do, if you let Him into your heart, but even before I was saved the Lord was working to save me. Because before I was saved I prayed to God to send a "vampire" so that I would not be so confused about being a vampire and living the life, because believe me, it was VERY DARK AND CONFUSING!

When I got saved on June 22, 2003. I felt so whole and clean that I will never forget it and I would never go back to the occult again, knowing the truth has set me free and the Blood and my testimony, it all keeps me free. Reading the bible is so awesome and so powerful, so ALIVE! Now I am on a mission to tell the truth to others that are involed in the occult and bring them to Jesus Christ. of course satan and his loser demons always try to stop me, but all I have to do is put on the full armor of God and read scriptures to them and they vanish. praise God! If you could pray for my family to get saved, I would be so happy! My Father John and my 5 brothers. My mother is saved I got her to Jesus Christ on feb, 19 04. Amen, thank you Jesus!

:hug:

In Christs service

Janet DeHart.

Godbless you mercy777 and you are in my prayers.

Guest SavedOn22June03

:t2:

Mercy777,

I think doing prison ministry is a great idea, and it should be done more offten, because there would be alot more prisoners "free" and God loves all His children and desires them to all be free. Do you do prison ministry, mercy777?

Your sister in Christ Jesus.

Janet DeHart :hug: