IGNORED

vegetarians

keslc

Guest rachel1020

I was a vegetarian for awhile, and just this last week I started eating fish. I don't call myself a vegetarian anymore because fish IS meat. A lot of people think that only red meat is meat, and that the word meat doesn't include poultry or fish - but it does. Anyway, I think either way to eat is fine - it is a personal choice. However, I think we are obligated to take care of our bodies and to eat healthfully (is that a word? :suspect: ) whatever way that might be: meat-eater, vegetarian, vegan, etc.

Along these lines, has anyone ever heard of the book The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin? His diet idea is based on how the Bible says to eat - and this includes meat - beef, lamb, chicken, fish - no pork, though. I can explain more if anyone is interested. So far it is a very good book (I'm about half-way through it). :t2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY

Hey there,

read about what God said to Noah(in Genesis) , and to Peter (in Acts) on this subject :D

Woo Hoo, gimme a Big Boy or an In' n' Out Double Double!!! Whahooey!

Meat is awesome, but must be balanced with plenty of pasta, potatoes, and ice cream.

:t2: :t2: :rofl:

Bro John :t2:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

you can get protein from nuts and beans ( pinto, soy, maybe others too...

Remind me not to get near that person!!! Oh, well, I suppose you could produce your own fuel... :oww:

Good point Ronald you could probably make enough gas to run your own Hybrid car! It would be environmentally sound so to speak!

:t2::rofl::t2::t2::D:rofl: :t3: :tongue:

Marilyn

cars.gif

Hey there,

read about what God said to Noah(in Genesis) , and to Peter (in Acts) on this subject :blink:

Meat is awesome, but must be balanced with plenty of pasta, potatoes, and ice cream.

:rolleyes::laugh: :laugh:

Bro John :blink:

Ain't nothin like a roast of beef baking in the oven! The fragrance is amazing, with creamy mashed potatos, and yorkshire pudding. Oh Ya I can smell it now! :rofl::rofl:

Marilyn

angry-bull.gif

Guest LCPGUY

Remind me not to get near that person!!! Oh, well, I suppose you could produce your own fuel... :oww:

Good point Ronald you could probably make enough gas to run your own Hybrid car! It would be environmentally sound so to speak!

:blink::blink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :t3: :tongue:

Marilyn

cars.gif

Marilyn!!!

:oww: :oww: :x: :laugh::rofl::rolleyes::laugh:

Bro John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684

Keslc

You wrote:

I have heard some christians believe God wants us to be vegetarians, or that He designed us to be vegetarians

Before the fall of Adam, they were vegetarians. They did not eat meat because there was no death before sin so they did not kill animals. But after the fall of Adam (and Eve) they were clothed with skins from God (so God had to kill some type of animal first) and from then on since there was death as a result of sin, they killed animals so they can eat meat. So death to animals was included in His judgment against man.

:blink::blink::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :t3: :tongue:

Marilyn

cars.gif

Marilyn!!!

:oww: :oww: :x: :laugh::rofl::rolleyes::laugh:

Bro John

WWWWhhhhhhhhhhaattt! I just calls it as I seeees it. I've been reading way too many of Shadows posts! He is starting to rub off! :x: :hug: :oww:

Jesus is the Anwser

Marilyn

frog.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Hey there,

read about what God said to Noah(in Genesis) , and to Peter (in Acts) on this subject :rofl:

:laugh: :laugh: :blink:

Bro John :blink:

lol! as long as you balance it with some cake and potato chips! :rofl::rolleyes:

• 7 months later...
Guest fiverottendogs

I think it is a personal choice really. I myself love meat and would just eat meat and no veggies, fruits, or bread. LOL :glare: Maybe it would be healthier to eat no meat but a balance I think is good.