• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I realise how Dan Brown's book is not only a novel, but also a messenger of end days deception.

Nice to meet you, Petri.

I don't understand, so perhaps someone can explain for me: Why is this important, and why is the book so dangerous?

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? :emot-pray:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I realise how Dan Brown's book is not only a novel, but also a messenger of end days deception.

Nice to meet you, Petri.

I don't understand, so perhaps someone can explain for me: Why is this important, and why is the book so dangerous?

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? ;)

Are you out there, Petri? :huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

Nice to meet you, Petri.

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? ;)

The book is not dangerous to those who know the truth and obey God. Dan's book have same attitude and message as end time apostate's mankind. So it tells about goddesses worship as the Bible says. Dan's side is supporting lies and apostasy and our mission is warn about it and tell love of God in Christ.

may God bless you!

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Nice to meet you, Petri.

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? :huh:

The book is not dangerous to those who know the truth and obey God. Dan's book have same attitude and message as end time apostate's mankind. So it tells about goddesses worship as the Bible says. Dan's side is supporting lies and apostasy and our mission is warn about it and tell love of God in Christ.

may God bless you!

Dan Brown is a fiction writer......'The DaVinci Code' is no more dangerous than 'Alice in Wonderland'. ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/25/1968

I was in the prayer and God told me to read the book The Da Vinci Code authored by Dan Brown and watch the film The Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard. When I read the book and watched the film I realise how Dan Brown's book is not only a novel, but also a messenger of end days deception. The results of my study I present in this writing.

http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/DaVinciCode.html

The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic novel and I loved it; it is, however, just a novel. It's fiction and is put forth as such. It's not an attempt by Dan Brown to influence religion or anything else. It's just fiction. ;)

Im in agreement here, it is FICTION, fiction is not truth, many novels involve facts around there fiction it makes the story more interesting .... but again it is not truth it is fiction. :huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

morning glory you wrote:

The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic novel and I loved it; it is, however, just a novel. It's fiction and is put forth as such. It's not an attempt by Dan Brown to influence religion or anything else. It's just fiction.

the davinci code is not all the enemy is doing with fiction. fiction means not real. a lie is not real also. harry potter "novels" and movies are just fiction. however they have some of the basic teachings of witchcraft contained in the just fiction novels. thats being put in childrens hands "to encourage them to learn" is what the author states.

to anyone who dosent see this for what it is wake up. the enemy wants to kill your soul and if he can put a happy educational or fiction face on it to get the deception in your hands or childrens hands he will. he wants you to go to hell with him.

there is no fellowship between light and darkness. that dosent mean we can be entertained by a little darkness for entertainments sake.

there is a spiritual war going on.

Edited by Godfearer

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

morning glory you wrote:

The Da Vinci Code is a fantastic novel and I loved it; it is, however, just a novel. It's fiction and is put forth as such. It's not an attempt by Dan Brown to influence religion or anything else. It's just fiction.

the davinci code is not all the enemy is doing with fiction. fiction means not real. a lie is not real also. harry potter "novels" and movies are just fiction. however they have some of the basic teachings of witchcraft contained in the just fiction novels. thats being put in childrens hands "to encourage them to learn" is what the author states.

to anyone who dosent see this for what it is wake up. the enemy wants to kill your soul and if he can put a happy educational or fiction face on it to get the deception in your hands or childrens hands he will. he wants you to go to hell with him.

there is no fellowship between light and darkness. that dosent mean we can be entertained by a little darkness for entertainments sake.

there is a spiritual war going on.

I won't argue about a spiritual war....I believe that. However....if we go through life seeing every bit of make believe as something dangerous we'll all die paranoid schizophrenics. There has to be balance.....a normal mind can read a fast paced novel about an alleged marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene, enjoy the book, and yet come away thinking, as I did "what a nutty idea". It's just fiction and I doubt very much if Dan Brown is trying to change anyone's thoughts about the inerrancy of the Bible. Even kids know that Snow White and Cinderella are make believe; and I don't think such stories hurt their young minds. It's the same thing with books such as The Da Vinci Code. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:emot-questioned:

Guest shiloh357

Nice to meet you, Petri.

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? :cool:

may God bless you!

Dan Brown is a fiction writer......'The DaVinci Code' is no more dangerous than 'Alice in Wonderland'. :emot-questioned:

Well, not exactly. The storyline and the main characters are fictional. That much is true; however, the underlying theories and conspiracies that are woven into the story are far from fictional in the eyes of many and these theories are growing in popularity. For example, the Louvre in France reported a spike in visitors after the release of the Divinci Code. The movie sparked interest in certin pieces of art like Mona Lisa.

There people who really do believe that Jesus sired children and those children are alive and well today. There are people, and their numbers are reportedly growing who see some of the theories featured in the movie as plausible. If they embrace those theories, they have to reject the Deity of Jesus, His death and His resurrection.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Nice to meet you, Petri.

Isn't this the reason why we have churches, to teach sound doctrine to their people? :taped:

may God bless you!

Dan Brown is a fiction writer......'The DaVinci Code' is no more dangerous than 'Alice in Wonderland'. :whistling:

Well, not exactly. The storyline and the main characters are fictional. That much is true; however, the underlying theories and conspiracies that are woven into the story are far from fictional in the eyes of many and these theories are growing in popularity. For example, the Louvre in France reported a spike in visitors after the release of the Divinci Code. The movie sparked interest in certin pieces of art like Mona Lisa.

There people who really do believe that Jesus sired children and those children are alive and well today. There are people, and their numbers are reportedly growing who see some of the theories featured in the movie as plausible. If they embrace those theories, they have to reject the Deity of Jesus, His death and His resurrection.

I agree; it is the mixing of truth and lies that is so dangerous which is why the Bible is so vociferous about avoiding such mixtures. "A little leaven leaveneth the whole loaf.........."

If the book were out and out fantasy, then it wouldn't have the same potential to mislead those who are not doctrinated in Scripture. As it is, such people easily fall prey to believing the lies because the admixture of truth makes them more plausible.