IGNORED

Does the Spouse Come First? No Matter What?

Metadyjital

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

i think there is a vast difference between putting one's husband first in normal everyday family matters, and staying married to a man who murdered your child.

I agree.

I just think sometimes things can be more complex than we would like.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

In agreeance with all those who said God/Jesus first - and foremost.

The Tri-une, the perfect example of unity/family.

I was in a relationship for 12 years with the father of my children (who was/is a hard core atheist) and I put him first thinking this was the thing to do....NOT so.

We have been apart 5 years now, God is number 1 in my life and my children are 2nd and WOW has God looked after us above and beyond my imagination!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1955

Here's my 2 cents for all it's worth?

The marriage relationship was designed by God to be be a covenant relationship. A relationship that emulates the one between God and man or Christ and His church.

God is a God of covenants. The whole bible is a book of covenants. Jesus said this is the New Covenant I make with you. It is not the Old and New Testament, it is the Old and New Covenant.

Unfortunately man has done away with covenants and has resorted to agreements, contracts, pacts that nowadays have no strength or integrity to them. Hence the term: "Contracts are made to be broken"

But in God's eyes covenants have the greatest of importance. When He establishes covenants, they are everlasting. (As in the covenant with us through Jesus). This is such a big thing with God, He told His people, the Israelites, not to make any covenant with any nation in the promise land. Ex. (23:32) Nevertheless the Israelites disobeyed and made a covenant with Gibeon of the Hivites Jos.(9) (Notice verse 14). This was done in direct disobedience to God's ordinance. Later on when His people wanted to dissolve the covenant God told them they couldn't. The Gibeonites were always a burr in Israel's side but no matter the covenant stood.

So when we look at a husband and wife :) their covenant is not only very important but in God's eyes everlasting. That's why God hates divorce. Nevertheless He also knows that we are human and has allowed for divorce in certain circumstances because we are a stiff-necked people.

In the situation of second marriages involving children let's understand the expression "Blood is thicker than water".

Most people would interpret that as meaning "The ties between family and kin are stronger than any ties with friends or others."

When really that expression is a covenant expression meaning that any relationship created through a BLOOD covenant is stronger than a relationship generated by the WATERS of the womb.

Look at the Covenant between David and Jonathan. Jonathan was the King's son yet because of his covenant with David he helped David over his own father.

Now you can see how a relationship between a husband and wife is of first importance over that of parent/child. Not withstanding everything the Word says about parent child relationships, loving your children, being the servant of all.

In the old days of covenants 2 parties would come together and would "cut" a covenant. They make an incision in their hand or wrist or forearm and would shake or clasp their arm together so that the blood mingle together. The blood was the seal of that covenant. Now we see the great covenant we have with God through the shedding of the blood of Jesus, who was our representative in this process as the perfect Son of man and also God's representative as the Son of God.

This same shedding of blood occurs when a couple comes together in intimacy and the Hymen is broken. There is a shedding of blood, some thing I understand is inexplicable because the hymen has no blood vessels. "But don't quote me on that last sentence, I stand to be corrected if need be.

I hope this helps a bit, I'm in my 2nd marriage with 2 grown children on both sides and things are absolutely fantastic.

God is blessing all of us more every day.

"And the Truth shall set you free"

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1981

This in my opinion is great scripture regarding domestic relationships....

Colossians 3:18-21 "Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter against them. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your own children to anger, lest they be discouraged.' :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It would simply stand to reason that no wife should stand by while her husband murders her child. The first person in the marriage should be Jesus.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1971

Wow I REALLY needed to read this. Thank you all for your honest opinions. I recently got out of a relationship not because I didn't love him or that my child didn't love him dearly but because he didn't understand my need to protect my child (who is being verbally abused by his own father). He felt he should be first in my life after God and that would be fine except we have an ungodly presence in my son's life that has to be dealt with so by putting GOD first in our lives, it pushed him out.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I've heard it said that ones spouse is suppose to come first above all things... What about in front of and before children? What is someone has a child and remarries - should the new spouse now have precedence over the child? Should a man or woman cling to thier spouse and regard the feelings of their spouse above thier child?

Please give me your thoughts, and what you think that

after I was single again, I had no desire what so ever to ever remarry. for months, i wanted nothing to do with women, figured they were all trouble and deceptive, playing games that I did not like playing even in jr. and sr. high school, and here are 30 year olds and older playing the same games..... YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have a few "lady" friends, friends they were and that was it, I loved them all dearly, as I love my own sister and my brothers and my kids......

one day, one of my "lady" friends told me that God had some one for me, some one special, some one like I could never imagine...... yeah right, i said.... no such thing......

she insisted, I said ok, here is what she will have to be like:

she will have to be some one that will not just watch me while I do the Lords work, but some one that will work side by side with me as we do Gods work together....

she will have to be some one that will not just follow me as I follow the Lord, but some one that will walk hand in hand with me as we follow the Lord together....

she will have to be some one that will allow me to serve her, by serving the Lord and serve the Lord by serving her...

and

not some one I can live with, but some one that I can not live without.....

as far as the children, they are not bound (I hope not) to your home until death, I hope they remain bound to their parents through love, but the children are to leave their mother and father, and cleave to one another and become one.....

too many parents have become destitute because their children or grandchildren are stealing their blessings because they are lazy, or adicts or have not honored their mother and or father..... we are to remain with our spouse, not our children......

Teresa and me work together, we are a team, whether it is teaching a sunday school class, working a youth outreach, teaching an adult class, preaching, street work, or just spending time with some one else......

Christ send out the disciples two by two, they left their families for times to go out and witness the Gospel of Christ, spread the Gospel of Christ....... the women folk did not always follow...... Teresa and me are two, and yet one, we watch each others back, we protect one another...... on this earth, Teresa is the first, the kids come second and with Teresa backing me up, backing up my authority, her authority stands stronger as well, for she knows she is backed up.......

if a person is not careful, they can let their blessings be stolen by their children who are always "in need".... some times the best thing to do is to "JUST SAY NO!"

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I was widowed with 2 children when I decided to remarry. The order of my life is God, My Husband, and my children. That is how God set up the family unit. I really wonder how marriages last beyond children in the home when the children are put before the spouse. One day those children will leave, and you will be left with each other.