IGNORED

ANWR drilling will save us 3 CENTS per Gallon, by 2027

The Lorax

Guest Butero
It shows he has no principles.

Excuse me? It shows he has no principles?

...It takes more than a flip-flop to show someone has no principles.

This is more than a mere flip-flop. This is a flip-flop at the expense of the environment when he supposedly believes the actions won't help reduce fuel prices. If he thought the actions would help, it would be differen't. Then it is a choice of which is more important, the effect on average working people or the environmental damage drilling could cause, but when he doesn't think drilling would help, and suddenly does an about face anyway, that shows he has no principles.

Drilling might help, just not with oil prices. It will help employ Americans, at the very least. I don't think it's the best thing to do, but it's what the American people want.

This is more than a mere flip-flop.

There is nothing particularly nefarious in changing your position in accordance to the will of the people. Some call that democracy.

Up to now, all you have done is attack drilling, and shown how it wouldn't help. Now you are changing your tune and giving benefits of drilling, like employing Americans. The reason why Obama's flip-flop is worse than the average one is because he backed away from saying drilling won't help to indicating he might allow some drilling because it would help. If he believed it would help all along, he lied to the American people and ignored the effects high gas prices were having on the middle class and the poor. If he doesn't believe drilling will help, he is sacrificing the environment for votes. At least Pelosi, as much as I dislike her, has refused to back down on what she says she believes in. Obama has shown he has no real principles, and that he will sacrifice whatever it takes, including the environment to win.

Not only has he been willing to sacrifice the environment, but he also abandoned the peace crowd by desiring to send more troops into Afganistan, and I can see no reason to do so. We went into Afganistan to send a message we won't put up with attacks on America, so it was an effort to go after the terrorists with enough force to send a clear message. That message has been sent, so I believe we should be pulling out of that area, not sending more troops in. We have a much more serious issue with Iran, and if we are going to be sending forces anywhere, it should be in that region of the globe. I don't think we need to send in ground troops, but we might need to bomb Iran back into the stone age. The Obama plan makes no sense, except to make him appear willing to use the military.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Something else that is important to note...

McCain is changing his position to become more in line with his base voters. He is complying with what his base wants and is reaping the positive benefits of getting in tune with what conservative voters want.

Obama is changing his positions away from what his base voters want. Obama is ignoring what his base wants and has his base voters making excuses for his ever-changing positions.

Another thing that is important to note....both of these men have proved they are politics-as-usual, run of the mill Congressmen who will do, and say, whatever it takes to get votes. I wouldn't vote for either of them. :whistling: