IGNORED

How are you living for God if you have not died?

Guest compasskid

Guest Calamity
Do not put words in my mouth Calamity. Do not slander what I have said, rather, what the Lord has to say. I will not partake in silly debates. But I have one more warning for you. I have the same intention as these scriptures below:

Put words in your mouth? Didn't you say this:

The churches have taught you that the blood of Jesus Christ will cover your sin. In other words, you remain in sin till death but the blood of Jesus Christ is God

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest compasskid

Yes I did say those words and that was not what I was referring to. I am done with this thread. Don't take it up with me Calamity. Take it up with the Living God who you say is your Father and shows you truth.

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish?...

Galatians 3:1-3

Guest Calamity

That was what I was referring to. That's the whole reason I posted. This reminds me of those preachers who don't dare let anyone question what they teach, or ask them about something they have said. If you disagree with them, you are going against what God has said.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

This reminds me of those preachers who don't dare let anyone question what they teach, or ask them about something they have said. If you disagree with them, you are going against what God has said.

YUK!!!!

My bride grew up in a tiny, independant, fundamental, tempermental, Baptist church where they only met one Sunday a month and would not allow anybody to bring their Bibles to church with them.

She said one time, a member brought a visitor (a brother I think) and the decons gathered around him and told him that was a bit no-no.

They didn't let anybody "get saved" unless it was during the once-a-year-for-a-week revival. That was the ONLY time you could get baptized.

Good thing she doesn't go to that church anymore!!! We would not have gotten married. :x:

Guest Calamity
This reminds me of those preachers who don't dare let anyone question what they teach, or ask them about something they have said. If you disagree with them, you are going against what God has said.

YUK!!!!

My bride grew up in a tiny, independant, fundamental, tempermental, Baptist church where they only met one Sunday a month and would not allow anybody to bring their Bibles to church with them.

She said one time, a member brought a visitor (a brother I think) and the decons gathered around him and told him that was a bit no-no.

They didn't let anybody "get saved" unless it was during the once-a-year-for-a-week revival. That was the ONLY time you could get baptized.

Good thing she doesn't go to that church anymore!!! We would not have gotten married. :x:

I'm glad she's not there anymore also, J. Actually, if it's like that, I hope no one is still going there! :t2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Indeed, we must die, as CompassKid said, before we can truly live the new life.

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

The problem is remaining on the altar. :t2::t2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

When you are crucified sin no longer moves the parts of your body. You hate sin and will not partake in it. Your sin has been crucified.

These two sentences contradict Paul's teaching concerning sin in the flesh. On the one hand, Paul wrote, "I am crucified with Christ..." (Gal. 2:20), but on the other hand he understood very well that sin indwelt his very being, his flesh. He knew that regardless of how hard he tried he simply could not purge the sin in his flesh. Romans 7 is very clear on this. Certainly Paul hated sin, and he hated partaking of sin. But he realized that there was simply no way that sin could be completely purged from his mortal flesh. Paul teaches us that because of the crucifixtion we no longer have to serve sin as slaves. Because of what the Lord accomplished we can now walk in the Spirit, and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We have been freed from serving our flesh as a slave. However, nowhere does Paul ever state that we are completely freed from sin while we are on this earth.

Believers can live a life under the cross. That is what the Lord wants us to do. But never, never does the Bible tell us that we can live a life completely free from sin. The Lord made it crystal clear: Even a mere thought is evidence of indwelling sin.

Complete salvation in the Bible is accomplished when the Lord returns and our bodies of corruption are changed to bodies of incorruption. In Revelation 14 the overcomers are without blemish (Which is the stain of sin) and no lie is found in their mouth (the inward corruption of sin).

This is not fatalistic, brother, only a clear realization of what we are. When we fully realize what we are in the flesh then we can completely realize and pursue the efficacy of the Lord's shed blood. There is freedom in Christ from serving sin as slaves, but there is Biblically no such thing as living completely sinless lives.

Grace to you,

~G

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

The churches have taught you that the blood of Jesus Christ will cover your sin. In other words, you remain in sin till death but the blood of Jesus Christ is God

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Well, I'm like Calamity...I wake up every morning seeking to go the day without sinning. Yet, sadly I must admit...I do sin.

Example: Today, my hubby came home from running an errand and we had a spat. He said grouchy things to me; I said grouchy things to him. I could have handled it differently but I let my "FLESH" get in the way and I barked right back.

There's days I act like Jesus; there's also days I blow it!

For those of you who never blow it....I commend you. You all are so awesome! I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm completely sincere. I would love to meet you and learn from you. I haven't met anyone in my life yet who'd reached that level and it would be indeed an honor to meet such a person.

The closest I've come was when I met the Savior, Jesus Christ. Apart from Him, I haven't found anyone who was able to live sinlessly.

Calamity is, I believe...probably a lot like me...a plain ol' sinner saved by grace. She probably deals with her weakness as I do...on her knees in prayer, dependent of God's grace to deliver her from evil....

That's what I do...depend on Him to deliver me from evil. It's a daily project, too.

I never "arrive" at perfection in my imperfect body.

See, when God "turns up the heat" and times get tough, we discover just how weak we really are...and how difficult it is to walk in righteousness.

Seriously...I believe people sin and don't even recognize it. I don't think the people of Sodom really grasped their own behavior.

Have I died to self? No. I am a work in progress and I am DYING to myself...*(referring to the process of "dying"...which involves life experience and stepping into pot holes and stumbling here and there...)

Calamity...if I'm misrepresenting you, please correct me...but I think I have rightly explained your position....

I am absolutely humbled by the incredible selflessness of Jesus Christ, my Savior. I am pathetically lacking when compared to Him. He is my role model and my goal is to become LIKE Him .....and someday, I will be LIKE Him...and given a glorified body like His.

Until that day comes, I am dependent only on HIM and the blood of Calvary...and my heart's desire is to be conformed to His likeness.

That process is an ongoing process that will continue until the moment I take my last breath...