WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,481
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The national platform approved at a Democratic Platform Committee meeting in Pittsburgh on Saturday includes language that calls for repealing the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy implemented by Democratic President Bill Clinton and for allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/cnsnews-com...x-RsrcID-34037/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Another reason you do not want a dem as president...

Quite honestly I cannot even imagine all the grief this would cause...

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I'm sure there's room at the front line.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

It's not the front line we are worried about, but the rear. :emot-handshake:

Seriously, there's a whole lot more to consider with this than to brush it off as something that won't matter when in the heat of battle. True enough, it doesn't matter who is there with you when the lead is flying, but in actuality, those moments are few and far between. The overwhelming majority of time in the military is spent not in the heat of battle, but in other functions.

What this issue causes is an underlying doubt among the ranks. That is something that is not needed in the everyday life of a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine. Think of something as simple as the latrine. Men and women are separated into separate latrines due to issues of privacy and also to contain sexual attractions. Pretty simple, right, but what then of the issue of gays? Exactly which one should they use?

Although this example is very small, it's issues like these that become big when compiled and then brought to an outpost. Not only that, but what of the underlying issue of mistrust among the ranks?

Is it realy worth it just to push a social agenda?

t.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

It's not the front line we are worried about, but the rear. :emot-handshake:

What low class comments from both of you. I had the pleasure to serve with men and women from every background you can imagine. Race, gender, religion, sexuality are of no concern on the battle lines. It's all about staying alive so we can protect the freedom of people who utter the kind of tripe you two have.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's not the front line we are worried about, but the rear. :noidea:

What low class comments from both of you. I had the pleasure to serve with men and women from every background you can imagine. Race, gender, religion, sexuality are of no concern on the battle lines. It's all about staying alive so we can protect the freedom of people who utter the kind of tripe you two have.

Perhaps if you lived in Canada , where the homo agenda is pushing forth in leaps and bounds you would understand my disdain for gay rights. We have military people marching in uniform in the gay pride parade here. What kind of message does that send to our aggressors.

We're all a bunch of pansies.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

It's not the front line we are worried about, but the rear. :noidea:

Well, I've got 19 years in thus far if that's good enough for you.

Again, it's not the front lines I'm talking about. It's all about the thousands of everyday things we have to do to prepare for the front lines- that's the issue for me. I see problems ahead if homosexuality is allowed free reign amongst the ranks. I think it will weaken the bond between the men and women in uniform. Sure, people might pull it together when the actual bullets are flying, but those moments are rare- even today.

Simply put, the military should not be the place for mass social experimentation. In this day in age, and with the war so heavy around us, there is no time to see if these kinds of things will work or not. Personally, I think it would be a huge distraction.

That said, I don't doubt the patriotism of homosexuals or that many of them do really want to serve their nation. That is admirable and more than what half of this country's population can say about themselves. I just dont think that homosexuality is compatible with military service, and the issue should not be presented due to the distraction it will surely cause.

Thanks,

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Perhaps if you lived in Canada , where the homo agenda is pushing forth in leaps and bounds you would understand my disdain for gay rights. We have military people marching in uniform in the gay pride parade here. What kind of message does that send to our aggressors.

We're all a bunch of pansies.

I am Canadian and this is insulting. We have one of the best trained militaries/special forcs in the world, and we have some of the best domestic policies about human rights internationally.

Please don't perpetuate implied stereotpyes about gays being wusses.