Healing

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

"There are reasons why God doesn't heal, But it is never, never God who doesn't heal. "

This statement contradicts itself.

If God doesn't heal then God doesn't heal.

I stand corrected, I should have said,

"There are reasons why people dont receive healing, But it is Never, never God who doesn't heal"

2 Corinthians 12:7 and by the surpassing revelations, lest I be made haughty, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be made haughty.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord three times, that it might depart from me.

9 And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may overshadow me.

10 Therefore I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am powerful.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

And all the christians who have been sick and died, died outside of the will of GOD. Not a sparrow falls for the sky outside of the will of GOD, how much more important than they are you?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Time and again we see in the New Testament Jesus heal many and tell them their faith has made them whole. Yes God does work thru these circumstances for His ultimate glory, but Jesus healed all who came to Him.

Do you know the answer to the OP? Why doesn't He now?

JESUS healed to prove who HE was to people who saw HIM in the flesh to glorify HIS FATHER. The holy spirit draws and saves people now, the miracles are not needed to glorify GOD in the same way. In other countries where Christianity is new, the miracles are much more prevalent

When you are surrendered to GOD's will, then you understand that there is ministry in illness. Plus the church has strayed so far from the truth that GOD, in all holiness and with clear conscience, can not grant the prayers of the righteous because they are not very righteous.

If you surrender to God's will, that means you surrender to His word, "His word is His will".

And if you know the word, you,ll know God doesn't want anyone sick. So how can you understand there is a ministry in illness. If your ill, Get healed and give glory to God. NOW THAT IS A MINISTRY.

And all the christians who have been sick and died, died outside of the will of GOD. Not a sparrow falls for the sky outside of the will of GOD, how much more important than they are you?

Man dying is not outside of God's will. It has been appointed that each man die once...

Hebrews 9:27,28...

Heb 9:27 And as it is reserved to men once to die, and after this, Judgment; Heb 9:28 so Christ having been once offered "to bear the sins of many," Christ shall appear a second time without sin to those expecting Him for salvation.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

"There are reasons why God doesn't heal, But it is never, never God who doesn't heal. "

This statement contradicts itself.

If God doesn't heal then God doesn't heal.

I stand corrected, I should have said,

"There are reasons why people dont receive healing, But it is Never, never God who doesn't heal"

Grace to you,

There are reasons why people dont receive healing,

Would you be willing to list some of those reasons? :th_praying:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

God's desire for us is to reach the lost, dying, poverty-stricken world for Jesus Christ. Lack only puts reins and shackles on us.

I understand what you're saying and agree in concept but God's true desire is that not one soul to perish. He allows us to participate in spreading the Gospel message but it is the Holy Spirit who convicts the soul of man. We're just along for the ride and through it, we grow and come to experience God more deeply ourselves.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Our flesh has been corrupted. It will die. Solomon made it clear...

Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:6,7

So where does God place His greater focus? On our corrupted flesh or our eternal spirit? Obviously he places HIS focus on the spirit, which He transforms and purifies with His Spirit through the Blood of His Son.

Any idea why Jesus "sighed" when He healed the deaf mute in Mark 7:34 or when He was asked for a sign in Mark 8:12?

Sometimes we ignore the greater things and focus too much on our flesh and a desire for "signs & wonders" when the Lord simply wants us to keep our focus on HIM. His desire is for us to serve HIM in all ways. What good is it if a man is strong in the flesh but weak in spirit? How many of us, including believers, put more time and energy into physical exercise than spiritual exercise?

Just to be clear, I do not place limits on God's power and do believe God still heals broken bodies when it serves His purpose. I just do not think we should dedicate our focus to healing flesh when our focus is to be on HIM.

Be Blessed,

wayne

Edited by WayneB

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This is a horrible comparison, and seriously lacking Biblical truth.

If something is "outside the will of God" is logically is not of God, according to God, or according to God's desire. Thererfore all who have died "outside of God's will" would be subject to the judgment, including believers. That simply does not line up with the Scriptures. If I should get caner and then die from that disease it is not because I am "out of the will of God" or have "fallen from the will of God." If God should allow a person to die in their illness it is absolutely according to His divine will.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

Hmmmm......I thought only Christ was the head of the Body.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

God wants us to walk in victory. He wants His church to be ahead of the world, to be the top not the bottom. He's called us to victorious living. Yet the church in general lives in lack and despair that is not what God wants for us. We are to be a an example of God's goodness to His children, so He will be glorified.

At what time in history did the church not live in "lack and despair"? I'm confused, because it seems that you're advocating the same type of spirituality of the charismatics, who generally believe that there will be a great revival in the church at some near point. Please explain.

You are right, the church has always lived in lack, it just shows how far back the enemy has worked to keep the body in bondage. But that is not the plan of God. Are we all called to be millionaires? I don't believe so, but we are called to be blessed, with all our needs met by our Father. I believe in the total promises of the Word for my spiritual and physical growth. So yes you could say I'm about as charismatic as you could get. And Praise God for it!

This is a horrible comparison, and seriously lacking Biblical truth.

If something is "outside the will of God" is logically is not of God, according to God, or according to God's desire. Thererfore all who have died "outside of God's will" would be subject to the judgment, including believers. That simply does not line up with the Scriptures. If I should get caner and then die from that disease it is not because I am "out of the will of God" or have "fallen from the will of God." If God should allow a person to die in their illness it is absolutely according to His divine will.

And I totally agree with you here Ovedya, God has planned all, and our time to die.

..... Yet the church in general lives in lack and despair that is not what God wants for us. We are to be a an example of God's goodness to His children, so He will be glorified.

Personal pet peeve of mine. Only saved people are His children. The lost are not His children. John 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant sorry, We the children of God are to be an example to the world of God's goodness to His Children.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment,

[1]Jesus told us to raise the dead.

[2] If you took that litteraly then Jesus went against God's word.