Healing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I believe that by His stripes I am healed from the penalty of sin, as Isaiah states. A spiritual healing.

If He chooses to heal otherwise, Im thrilled. Ive seen it happen. Its not His mission, to heal us from sickness. His mission is to restore us to God, through His blood atonement.

True statement.

Why didn't Paul heal Timothy? Certainly Paul wasn't lacking in faith.

1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I believe that by His stripes I am healed from the penalty of sin, as Isaiah states. A spiritual healing.

If He chooses to heal otherwise, Im thrilled. Ive seen it happen. Its not His mission, to heal us from sickness. His mission is to restore us to God, through His blood atonement.

True statement.

Why didn't Paul heal Timothy? Certainly Paul wasn't lacking in faith.

1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

:thumbsup::emot-hug: I believe that many of us need that "thorn" in order to remind us that our flesh is corrupted and will return to dust. It is the condition of our spirit that we should be concerned with because it is our spirit that will return to the Father.

The reason there are not many verifiable healings is because signs and wonders are given by God as a confirmation to the preaching of the pure word of God. Much of what is preached is leavened and cannot be witnessed to by God's Holy Spirit with true signs and wonders . . . that is not to say He cannot still convict hearers of sin and the need for repentance. Like Paul said, "Nevertheless, Christ is preached . . ."

But on the same token, that is why there are so many lying signs and wonders accompanying these false teachers. People often want justify it by trying to use the example of how God used an donkey . . . but He didn't. God enable a donkey to talk his mind to Balaam and ask him why he was hitting him while an angel blocked the path. The donkey didn't preach or heal anyone.

Scripture is clear -

2Ti 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. {sure: or, steady}

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You know, we wouldn't need "faith healers" (hate the term) if the Body of Christ was operating out of all the wondrous gifts that God desires to give her! It is becasue the local churches have failed in this area that those who operate in their gifts become more of a celebrity among believers. If the Body of Christ were functioning on all cylinders, we would be receiving our healings regularly within our own local churches as the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be manifest within each church group to comprise a whole Body of Christ to that congregation.

Therefore, all this concern and difference of opinion on healing would not have a place among believers today--too bad.

You heal anyone lately?

My prayers for healing have been answered with healing---yes, by Jesus Christ. I haven't healed anyone, but God works through me as He promises us all. Let's not make this personal, OK? I made a statement of opinion about the general body of Christ.

You know, we wouldn't need "faith healers" (hate the term) if the Body of Christ was operating out of all the wondrous gifts that God desires to give her! It is becasue the local churches have failed in this area that those who operate in their gifts become more of a celebrity among believers. If the Body of Christ were functioning on all cylinders, we would be receiving our healings regularly within our own local churches as the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be manifest within each church group to comprise a whole Body of Christ to that congregation.

Therefore, all this concern and difference of opinion on healing would not have a place among believers today--too bad.

You heal anyone lately?

Jesus already paid the price for our health. By His stripes we were healed. The christian just needs to believe in the work He already accomplished.

Amen! :P

The big faith healers today absolutely do it for the entertainment value. It's why millions of people flock to their crusades every year looking to "get their healing."

And there's a lot of money to be made at these crusades.

The most they'd get out of visiting a hospital, is a few "thank you's", if they did in fact heal anyone. You can't pay for a million dollar mansion with a thank you.

Precisely...

The other problem is that there would be a specific face to face accountability that they don't have to deal with, under the current system.

They always heal people of things you can't see like arthritis or maybe the person was deaf in one ear. What about growing a new limb?, How about Down's Syndrome or Cereberal Palsey?

I believe in healing and the laying on of hands and all of that, but I will believe people like Hinn are really operating in the power of God when just ONE of his "prophecies" comes true, or when we get to see someone get visibly and verifiably/certifiably healed on camera. If he is for real, we would be seeing serious life threatening ailments healed, the hospitals would be laying off staff because of a lack of patients.

I am not interested in excuses. Let's just see real, verifiable/certifiable results that meet a reasonable level of "proof."

Agreed :P

We know jesus healed people with actual illness at times. Other times he rebuke spirits of infirmities that oppressed people into ill conditions.

Mr 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

Lu 13:11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

What if these "healers" that are out there are being led by familiar spirits who give them false "words of knowledge" to point out somebody with a "condition?" they call the individual up and pray over them and "Bam!" they are healed and everyone there goes off being the false message because of the lying sign and wonder.

2Co 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

We are to walk by faith, which come by hearing and that hearing the pure word of God. But many of these sheeple follow because of what they have seen . . . or think they have seen.

I sat in a church once where the message was so far off, but the people were caught up in the emotion of it all. I watched as you could literally see the reaction almost like the "wave" at a foot ball game go across the congregation. As it came by us I literally got goosebumps and so did everyone else and they all said how they could feel the presence of God . . . good grief, wake up church!

Peter who was there on the mount of transfiguration and saw Jesus shine as the sun and heard with his own ears the voice of God bearing witness to the Son of God said there was something more credible and believable - the sure word of prophecy.

2Pe 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when
we
made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but
were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such
a voice to him from the excellent glory
, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And
this voice which came from heaven we heard
, when we were with him in the holy mount.

We have
also
a more sure word of prophecy
; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

If God is supposed to heal EVERYONE, why does Kenneth Hagin Jr. still wear glasses???

:P

...And why does Benny Hinn have a personal physician?

Perhaps even the great "faith healers" also lack sufficient faith for their own healing. :noidea:

Still waiting to hear about all those "raising the dead" ministries.

Smith Wigglesworth raised people from the dead thru the power of the Holy Ghost. Rhineheart Bunky has a powerful ministry abroad.

Okay, but where are the ministries specifically designed to raise people from the dead. Since there are ministries specifically for faith healing, why are there none for raising the dead?

The Church doesn't need specialized "ministries" for these acts of God, because we should be seeing them regularly in our congregations as we are to be Holy-Spirit filled and led people. These specialized ministries have sprouted up among us because the Church is not doing her job.

The Church doesn't need specialized "ministries" for these acts of God, because we should be seeing them regularly in our congregations as we are to be Holy-Spirit filled and led people. These specialized ministries have sprouted up among us because the Church is not doing her job.

Sprouted up from where?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

Hmmmm......I thought only Christ was the head of the Body.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

When Tha Bible says we are the head & not the tail Obove onley & not beneath,Dueteronomy 28:13.

God means that we should be above circumstances, That means we should have the victory over them.

Guest shiloh357
God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

Hmmmm......I thought only Christ was the head of the Body.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

When Tha Bible says we are the head & not the tail Obove onley & not beneath,Dueteronomy 28:13.

God means that we should be above circumstances, That means we should have the victory over them.

Deuteronomy 28 is written to the nation of Israel, and is never applied to the church. Furthermore, Deuteronomy 28 the blessings it contains are conditional upon obedience to the law.