Isaiah-smiles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You really need to do your own homework and quit being lazy about it. If you really want evidence of smaller oceans and more land mass, do your own research. I'll just give you a hint on where to start. Try looking into the subjects of tectonic plates, the movement of continents and the transmigration of peoples while keeping an eye on scriptures and then you may see that God did mention things pertaining to outside evidences (especially in Genesis, Psalms and Isaiah)

Once again, I have to point out that when we make an assertion of fact we post our sources for those facts. It's ridiculous to expect the reader to search for YOUR sources. I'm still waiting on your source for the "1 to 2 billion people' information you posted earlier, btw. I'm very interested in that. :ph34r:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

I have read Brown's book on line.

When Brown bothers to publish even a portion of his "work" in a peer reviewed journal I'll read it again. that is the test of science, you know. Put your work out there in journals. Brown did not do that. His excuse seems to be that his theory is so wide ranging and all encompassing that it is simply too big for the standard scientific review and journal. Nonsense. If his work has any value, then he should publish parts of it in the appropriate journal.

But he will not do that. Know why?

Creationists in general do not get much space in evolutionistic publications.

If publication in a peer-reviewed journal is the only measure of the value of his claims then I'll have to think you're using something close to a lame excuse.

Peer reviews are not an insurance against nonsense if everyone is committed to upholding the same presupposition.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/21/1959

Once again, I have to point out that when we make an assertion of fact we post our sources for those facts. It's ridiculous to expect the reader to search for YOUR sources. I'm still waiting on your source for the "1 to 2 billion people' information you posted earlier, btw. I'm very interested in that. :emot-highfive:

Creationists are often asked,

...and there is NO evidence of a world wide flood)

Walt Brown would disagree with you. In his online book he lists a few evidences which are better explained by a catastrophic flood, namely:

1. The Grand Canyon and Other Canyons

2. Mid-Oceanic Ridge

3. Continental Shelves and Slopes

4. Ocean Trenches and the Ring of Fire

5. Earthquakes

6. Magnetic Variations on the Ocean Floor

7. Submarine Canyons

8. Coal and Oil

9. Methane Hydrates

10. Ice Age

11. Frozen Mammoths

12. Major Mountain Ranges

13. Overthrusts

14. Volcanoes and Lava

15. Geothermal Heat

16. Strata and Layered Fossils

17. Limestone

18. Metamorphic Rock

19. Plateaus

20. The Moho

21. Salt Domes

22. Jigsaw Fit of the Continents

23. Changing Axis Tilt

24. Comets

25. Asteroids and Meteoroids

A more detailed explanation follows in the next 200+ pages.

{http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/...Sciences12.html}

You may or may not agree with him but his position represents a look at the evidence from a different position.

BTW: Long time not exchanging views on this Board. Hope everything is well with you and your loved ones. Blessings.

Isaiah-smiles: Sorry, but the fact that the Bible says something is not evidence. Your comments about pre-flood life times make little sense because there is not evidence of a world wide flood as set out in the Bible. If you think there is, you are incorrect.

I have a graduate degree in science. I am well aware of plate tectonics. It is not consisent with any Biblical time line.

Degrees do not amount to much especially if they center around false science. Besides, I think Walt Brown makes good sense. I like articles by the late Henry M. Morris as well. You must understand that when God calls a person to Salvation, He doesn't ask them to leave their brains at the door. :emot-highfive:

Simple, conservative arithmetic reveals clear mathematical logic for a young age of the earth. From two people, created around 6,000 years ago, and then the eight people, preserved on the Ark about 4,500 years ago, the world's population could have grown to the extent we now see it

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

I have read Brown and various criticisms of Brown. His theory does not fit with the evidence. It does not fit with any time lines, it does not fit with geology, it does not fit with astronomy, it does not fit with physics, nor does it fit with thermodynamics. It is absurd.

His theory has been vindicated in several instances by more recent research findings and paradigms repositioning.

I'm not contending his theory is the only explanation but perhaps highlighting it is the only one that has attempted to comprehensively explain the evidence from a biblical point of view and fared well at that in purely scientific grounds (as opposed to religious grounds, whether deist or atheist!)

Perhaps you need to get behind the math. There are reasons why populations of people, animals etc do not simply expand exponentially forever---food, disease, space etc. do the same numbers with a simple bacteria and you will have the whole earth covered with that bacterium with no room for people or anything else.

Well, that's true about disease and all that but....is there any historical reference to anything that depopulated the earth during the past 6,000 years or so? Other than the Flood, I mean.

Simple, conservative arithmetic reveals clear mathematical logic for a young age of the earth. From two people, created around 6,000 years ago, and then the eight people, preserved on the Ark about 4,500 years ago, the world's population could have grown to the extent we now see it

I am unaware of any evidence that the earth was depopulated to only a few (Noah and his family) people in the last 6000 years. If you have some please give me a citation to it.

This one works for me..... :emot-hug:

Genesis 7:

21And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. 23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

I am unaware of any evidence that the earth was depopulated to only a few (Noah and his family) people in the last 6000 years. If you have some please give me a citation to it.

This one works for me..... :emot-hug:

Genesis 7:

21And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. 23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Any non-Biblical?

No, but I will work on rounding up any scientifc evidence that's out there.... :huh: