Rick-Parker

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Response by larry2 - Dear Ezekiel33, I'm back. :thumbsup: Though not always agreeing with you, I have enjoyed our banter on different subjects. If you don't mind I would like to ask you a couple questions as pertaining to your position on OSAS.

Number one - What and how many sins must you commit without being born of God to go to the lake of fire? In other words, would one lie, one killing, one hatred of someone, one moment of lust, or as far as that goes breaking any commandment or ordinance of God do it?

Number two - Once we're in Christ, which one of the above sins in question number one would separate us from God and send us to the lake of fire?

Thanks Ezekiel33 in Jesus' name - larry2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Please keep the discussion civil...

It's not like it is the first time the subject has been discussed and to be honest, there are a wide range of views on the subject.

Discussion is good and healthy...if it is civil and edifying.

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) "or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). Romans 10:6,7

So be careful that we don't fall into the trap of judging another's eternal position with Christ but rather focus on our own relationship with HIM.

Paul went on, after quoting Moses, to say...

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." Romans 10:8-11

I do not believe the doctrine "once saved always saved" is Biblically accurate but I do believe that anyone who truly trusts in HIM will never be put to shame! :thumbsup: Only God knows the heart of each man. :blink:

Please discuss and enjoy one another's feloowship.

Be Blessed,

wayne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There is not a shred of evidence in the Bible for OSAS. All scriture teaches that it is possible to lose ones salvation. A christian is not to sin. The Bible does not teach a sinning religion. If a Christian should wilfully sin, we must repent of that sin. God will not just blink His eye at our sin.

There is not a shred of evidence in the Bible for OSAS. All scriture teaches that it is possible to lose ones salvation. A christian is not to sin. The Bible does not teach a sinning religion. If a Christian should wilfully sin, we must repent of that sin. God will not just blink His eye at our sin.
True nikos, why people believe God is going to turn a blind eye to our sin is beyond me, they definitely did not get this belief from the Bible.

That's NOT what YOUR brethren are saying so be wary of putting words in their mouths.

Speaking as a moderator, ezekiel, I sent you a PM. Please read it and abide by my request to keep the discussion civil. :thumbsup: If you have any questions, please feel free to write me.

Be Blessed,

wayne

Guest savedandhappy1

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and thought I would join in on this discussion if you all don't mind.

John 10:22-30

22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon

True nikos, why people believe God is going to turn a blind eye to our sin is beyond me, they definitely did not get this belief from the Bible.

That's NOT what YOUR brethren are saying so be wary of putting words in their mouths.

Actually some of them are check out post #38 posted by RunningGator. Also if not clearly express by the post of the others it is one of the prominent teaching of OSAS and its sister doctrine of hyper grace ect....

Understood but as I mentioned, keep the discussion civil. :thumbsup:

One of my first threads when I joined the ministry five years ago was on this very subject. I broke away from another thread on the OSAS subject where nothing was being said but simply accusations were flying. So I started my own thread titled, "The Grape Vine" ... http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Grape...9043#entry89043.

My desire in that thread was to demonstrate that a civil discussion on such a "hot topic" could be accomplished and I think (if memory serves me) we did just that.

I have been moderating these boards for soon to be 5 years and one of the things that I have observed is that often the most passionate with speech are simply the ones who are less secure in their belief. By arguing, they try to prompt counter-argument to prove their own suppositions correct. I am not saying that is the case here; I am simply sharing how harsh debate comes across.

Enjoy the discussion and always seek TRUTH in Christ.

Be Blessed,

wayne

Edited by WayneB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I haven't read all the way through this thread, but I thought I would post a commentary my husband wrote regarding OSAS. I appreaciate Jack Kelly and his commentary....he is a very good Bible teacher.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Oh No, I Think I Just Lost My Salvation!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  375
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

savedandhappy1,

Welcome to the forum as well as this thread. You are welcome to hop in at any time.

I would like to address your comments and especially the texts that you used to support an OSAS position.

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father

I believe that we are saved by grace (Eph. 2:8,9) but we can fall from grace (Gal. 5:2-4). We are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1) but our faith can become shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19,20) and cease to exist (Lk. 8:13; Rom. 11:19-23). We are not under the law (Rom. 6:14,15) but if you live according to the sinful nature you will die (Rom. 8:13). Paul taught against legalism (Gal. 5:3,4) but he also taught that no immoral, impure or greedy person has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God (Eph. 5:5-7). We are not saved by works (Eph. 2:8,9) but to reap eternal life and not destruction you must sow to please the Spirit and not the sinful nature (Gal. 6:8,9). God is faithful to us (1 Jn. 1:9; 1 Cor. 10:13) but we must be faithful to him to the very end of our lives to escape the lake of fire or second death (Rev. 2:10,11). God surely loves us (Jn. 3:16; Mk. 10:21; Rom. 8:35-39) but those who inherit the kingdom of God love God (Jam 2:5; 1 Cor. 2:9) and to love God means to obey his commands (Jn. 14:15; 1 Jn. 5:3). We have freedom in Christ (Gal. 5:1) but this freedom is not to indulge the sinful nature (Gal. 5:13; 1 Pet 2:16).

Gal 5 2-4 does not say we can fall from grace.

is a shipwreck mean we are lost and going to hell?

Lk. 8:13 - those on the rock never really believed, they just got caught up in the initial excitement.

Nothing in what you posted shows someone can lose their salvation

So I suppose you think you have refuted the Word of God with your opinions. Not so! You have said nothing that from the Bible. Just saying that "I don't believe it." does not answer anything except a deficiency of the knowledge of the Word. The Word of God is the final statement on anything that we say. If it says we can fall from Grace, then we can. I choose to stand upon the Word not on the mere opinons of men.