• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Why do i get sick everytime I plan to go to church? I get sick everytime I have to do something for the Lord. Sometimes I get tired being sick. I ask the Lord to remove this hindrance but it's still here. Will this ever end?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Why do i get sick everytime I plan to go to church? I get sick everytime I have to do something for the Lord. Sometimes I get tired being sick. I ask the Lord to remove this hindrance but it's still here. Will this ever end?

It is Satan. You are not alone. It is a tactic of the enemy to try to distract you from faithfulness. I get the same thing. In fact, when I read the Word, and often when I am in my prayer time I will become distracted by my cats, or a persistent itch or a pesky cough or my eyes begin to water, or I get extremely drowsy. They are ALL tactics!

It will stop when you stand up to it and tell the enemy you will press into God. You pick yourself up and you go to church sick--guess what? Nine times out of ten, as soon as you get there the symptoms disappear! I have had it happen to myself and many of my church family have as well. It is only a hindrance to ministry if you allow it to be.

It is a mark of an anointed believer when I see and hear these things occurring. The devil sees the markers on your life and he knows that God has a special plan for you and so he throws all he can in your path to stop your advancing in the Kingdom.

God wants us to persevere through this "hindrance" that is only a satanaic ploy. Push through and God will reward you with the victory. It is yours--go and get it! You are not alone! This is a battle and we all face the same foe and his maneuvres. We put on our armour and go forth and the evil one cannot touch us! Rebuke Satan and move on.

1 John 5:18b-19

God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

It is a work of the devil, You have to bind it in the name of Jesus. At least 3 times Jesus says if we tell the mountain to go it has to obey us. Sickness is one of those mountains, and it has to go in the name of Jesus.

Many Christians are waiting for God to heal them- And many have died waiting because they dont know that Jesus has already healed them when He was whipped open, 1 Peter 2: 24. says, "By His stripes qwe WERE HEALED". The price has been paid. Jesus has given us authority over devils and sickness. So take your God given authority and tell that spirit of sickness to go in the name of Jesus.

The devil knows that you are a threat to him that is why he is trying to keep you out of Church and doing Gods work.

DONT PUT UP WITH IT ANYMORE.

The truth is, when Satan visits what seems like sickness upon us when we are determining to attend church services, or read our bible or to have our closet time with the Lord, or enter into a ministry for Him, it may not even be a real sickness, but a counterfeit. It is the sensation of sickness, but when we determine in our minds to press through it, it vanishes like some sort of vapour. Tell Satan he is a liar and you are going to do what God calls you to do no matter what. Try it! He only wants to stop you from stepping outside your own threshold.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

i suffer till I'm healed from epilepsy i ignore the devils attacks and still go to church , i just say no i will praise the lord , you must be doing something right for the devil to attack you like that, you might find the holy spirt has work for you to do in church or for your giftings to be used bless you

The truth is, when Satan visits what seems like sickness upon us when we are determining to attend church services, or read our bible or to have our closet time with the Lord, or enter into a ministry for Him, it may not even be a real sickness, but a counterfeit. It is the sensation of sickness, but when we determine in our minds to press through it, it vanishes like some sort of vapour. Tell Satan he is a liar and you are going to do what God calls you to do no matter what. Try it! He only wants to stop you from stepping outside your own threshold.

It seems like you see the situation I am in. Thanks for the insight. Yes, it may be just conterfeit, I think it is. As I was writing my reply for this a while ago, Satan gave another blow because my computer suddenly "re-started" (my computer is new!) so I lost the first words I typed.

I am under attack, for whatever little thing I do in the name of Christ, he supplants it. I am holding on to the assurance that I am a child of God and nothing will take me away from the Lord. It's just that I get weak and depressed sometimes and I grope for answers again because I'm blinded by pain. :(

@ gispsy: thank you for your words, maybe there is something that I am doing great for the Lord that Satan wants to stop.

@ truthbringer thanks for reminding me I am healed. This is just the flesh and my soul is whole.

It seems like you see the situation I am in. Thanks for the insight. Yes, it may be just conterfeit, I think it is. As I was writing my reply for this a while ago, Satan gave another blow because my computer suddenly "re-started" (my computer is new!) so I lost the first words I typed.

I am under attack, for whatever little thing I do in the name of Christ, he supplants it. I am holding on to the assurance that I am a child of God and nothing will take me away from the Lord. It's just that I get weak and depressed sometimes and I grope for answers again because I'm blinded by pain. :(

@ gispsy: thank you for your words, maybe there is something that I am doing great for the Lord that Satan wants to stop.

@ truthbringer thanks for reminding me I am healed. This is just the flesh and my soul is whole.

Honey, I have been there and I am suffering through it even now in my life. It is a matter of determining to follow after God with everything I have--no matter what. REcently I have been at the point where I have been hanging on by my fingernails. I have no doubts about God, but I am suffering depression. God will see me through victorious as He promises me that what He has begun in me, He will complete it! You, too, my friend!

Yes, the Lord will see us through. It helps to talk about these things that beset us, and get encouraged with the knowledge that many go through the same narrow road.

I have in mind a hymn that never fails to bless when I sing it:

Hallelujah, what a Savior,

Hallelujah, what a Friend,

Saving, helping,keeping, loving

He is with me till the end...

:(

Yes, the Lord will see us through. It helps to talk about these things that beset us, and get encouraged with the knowledge that many go through the same narrow road.

I have in mind a hymn that never fails to bless when I sing it:

Hallelujah, what a Savior,

Hallelujah, what a Friend,

Saving, helping,keeping, loving

He is with me till the end...

:cool:

I grew up singing that! :(

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

It's definately satan, that's for sure... but it's also obvious to me that God is allowing it to test you. My advice is to tough it out. Stand strong with the Lord as your protector and warrior, and the devil will flee. The devil wants you to feel down and not be productive... so you have to do the opposite! Ignore his doomed ways, and step forward in the name of Jesus!