buckthesystem

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, the family that knew of him used to be neighbors of mine. He was surpized to say the least, but I guess you can relate to that. What I can't believe is that you know him. I suppose somebody has to know him personally, but, that's weird.

Is his wife still with him? How is she doing?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Yeah, the family that knew of him used to be neighbors of mine. He was surpized to say the least, but I guess you can relate to that. What I can't believe is that you know him. I suppose somebody has to know him personally, but, that's weird.

Yeah, we (my group of friends that we call "the Myxx") spent months talking about it, we were all surprised. Never would have guessed. Which in the end helped me forgive those in my own life who have refused to believe that my uncle molested me as a child. I now know how hard it is to wrap your mind around the fact that someone close to you is a pervert. I didn't want to believe and couldn't understand at first. I know he did cause he admitted it, but when no good answer to why came about, I had to eventually accept that.

She hasn't formally left him, she waffles between being confused, angry, discouraged and hopeful. He was diagnosed with a mental disorder, but... he's still a sex offender. Even if he's rehabbed, which is sorta risky, she still will be worried about how that will affect their son (who is the absolute cutest thing, btw) and his life growing up. He has said that he would live elsewhere if that meant their son could have a normal life, but ...

One day at a time, his parole wont be for years.

Yeah, we (my group of friends that we call "the Myxx") spent months talking about it, we were all surprised. Never would have guessed. Which in the end helped me forgive those in my own life who have refused to believe that my uncle molested me as a child. I now know how hard it is to wrap your mind around the fact that someone close to you is a pervert. I didn't want to believe and couldn't understand at first. I know he did cause he admitted it, but when no good answer to why came about, I had to eventually accept that.

She hasn't formally left him, she waffles between being confused, angry, discouraged and hopeful. He was diagnosed with a mental disorder, but... he's still a sex offender. Even if he's rehabbed, which is sorta risky, she still will be worried about how that will affect their son (who is the absolute cutest thing, btw) and his life growing up. He has said that he would live elsewhere if that meant their son could have a normal life, but ...

One day at a time, his parole wont be for years.

:ph34r:

seeing double.

Hey, maybe they will use the tank (er, apc) to intimidate speeding pizza delivery dudes....

:thumbsup:

:sneaking:

seeing double.

Hey, maybe they will use the tank (er, apc) to intimidate speeding pizza delivery dudes....

:noidea:

Sorry, my compy froze and it posted twice.

Actually, it could be used to control the crowd at USC games. Especially those who want to park and tailgate too close to the stadium and interfere with the workings of the 'loose cockaboose."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Sheriff Joe wannabe.

Our local sheriff has had his own tank for awhile now. Here is a photo of it in the parade when the Diamondbacks won the world series in 2001.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

The locals here are pretty frustrated, but it probably isn't on the news much. But it's not all Leon Lott. In fact it is possible that people just mush all the problems in the various county, state and local police into one. And most people here regard Lott as an embarrassment and a laughingstock, but that is not reported on the news.

The actual term is a "High Risk Takedown" and it is considered a use of force. Just because an officer uses that force option does NOT mean he is brutal, corrupt, or a bad cop. Just because the media understands law enforcement about as well as they understand conservative values doesn't mean that just because they complain about something, that it is a valid complaint.

As far as Lott is concerned...he is an elected official. He has been re-elected multiple times and he is a highly decorated law enforcement officer. It seems to me that Lott is not an embarrassment to the majority of people who continually re-elect him.

I'm not trying to be overly argumentative on this point, really. Its just that BTS is always starting these anti-police threads and people always jump on the cop-bashing bandwagon with little or no evidence to support their claims.

Sorry, my compy froze and it posted twice.

I don't know why, but every night between 12:15 and 12:30 am, something happens on this site. For 5 to 10 minutes, it slows down. Odd.

It's not your computer that's freezing up, it's the site.

Sheriff Joe wannabe.

Our local sheriff has had his own tank for awhile now. Here is a photo of it in the parade when the Diamondbacks won the world series in 2001.

That tank looks like a really big insect for some reason.

The actual term is a "High Risk Takedown" and it is considered a use of force. Just because an officer uses that force option does NOT mean he is brutal, corrupt, or a bad cop. Just because the media understands law enforcement about as well as they understand conservative values doesn't mean that just because they complain about something, that it is a valid complaint.

What are you dubbing the high risk take down? Running over people with cars or using an APC? As far as the 'running people over with cars' being considered brutal, the scandal isn't the brutality as much as the attitude of the officers doing it. Suffice it to say that the dash cams aren't recording the officers saying "Welp, we've got no choice, Hoss, we gotta knock 'im down before he gets away." That and at least one of the chases involved running through the lawns of local apt complexes where children could have been outside...

As far as Lott is concerned...he is an elected official. He has been re-elected multiple times and he is a highly decorated law enforcement officer. It seems to me that Lott is not an embarrassment to the majority of people who continually re-elect him.

I'm not trying to be overly argumentative on this point, really. Its just that BTS is always starting these anti-police threads and people always jump on the cop-bashing bandwagon with little or no evidence to support their claims.

Last primary they had (I'm not Richland) three people ran against him, which divided the vote to the point that he didn't make a grand majority but won the nomination in a run off election. As I'm not from Lexington County, I can't say if there were write ins allowed or not during the run off. I do not remember the measure by which he won the nomination but it isn't like nobody ever runs or that he's all that popular. Divisions in the party actually keep him there lately. Or that's the way it seems to me.

Of course you can only take my word for that because it's not like that gets reported on the news, but people that live here, though, discuss how embarrassing it is to have him all the time.

However, it is possible that these individuals also do not vote. I worked for Ron Paul in the primary here. We had a local poll watcher in Lexington County somewhere who reported a turn out of less than 650, in a precinct with over 3000 registered Republican voters. (there was a discrepancy there, which is why I remember the incident). Not just this but, as you may or may not know, SC is a state where you can vote either side of the isle in the primary as long as you only vote once. There were over 100 democrats in that number. All of us were told that this was a very good turn out for that precinct. 600 out of 3000?

If that is a good turn out, no wonder unpopular people get elected over and over and over again, people don't take the time to vote!!!

But I believe that Lady Raven is taking ALL the police corruption locally and placing it ALL on Lott, probably because he's got a rep here. I know for a fact that most of the cops running people over and beating people up are the state troopers which have nothing to do with Sheriff Lott.

As far as BTS goes, just remember that even a broken clock is right twice a day. In some cases there might actually be abuses of power that go on. I know you have no problem with it, but I am right there with her on the overuse of security cameras, RFID and DNA for non-criminals.

That to me is not what America should be and it is not what it was when I was coming up. That is what we are allowing terrorists to turn us into and if we change the rugged individualism and privacy values that we have always had, then the terrorists have won. We are no longer who we used to be. And THEY were instrumental in causing it.