• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Sorry I don't have verses for this, but I thought Jesus once said to carry one another's burders, and Paul said each man carry his own.

Maybe it was context. Sorry I'm vague on this one.

Thanks.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

Sorry I don't have verses for this, but I thought Jesus once said to carry one another's burders, and Paul said each man carry his own.

Thanks.

Gal 6:1 "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Gal 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Gal 6:3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Gal 6:4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

Gal 6:5 For each will have to bear his own load."

Rom 15:1 "We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Rom 15:2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Rom 15:3 For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.'"

The idea conveyed here is to not seek our own good, but the good of our weak brothers who struggle or are caught in sin. This presents thus a picture of the love and law of Christ, that we would "love one another" (John 13:34) as Christ commands and if we do, that love will not "seek its own" but the good of others (1 Cor. 13:5-7). Paul provides and quotes an explanation of this truth in the psalms that are in actuality a prophecy concerning the suffering and atonement of Christ on behalf of weak, poor and dead sinners.

Concerning the end of Galatians 6:5, the meaning, I believe is to be understood as to what Albert Barnes has said:

"In the great day every man shall be properly rewarded. Knowing this, we should be little anxious about the sentiments of others, and should seek to maintain a good conscience toward God and man. The design of this passage is, to prevent people from forming an improper estimate of themselves, and of the opinions of others. Let a man feel that he is soon to stand at the judgment-seat, and it will do much to keep him from an improper estimate of his own importance; let him feel that he must give an account to God, and that his great interests are to be determined by the estimate which God will affix to his character, and it will teach him that the opinion of the world is of little value."

Burn

Edited by BurnForChrist

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thanks.

Gal 6:1 "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Gal 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Gal 6:3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Gal 6:4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

Gal 6:5 For each will have to bear his own load."

Rom 15:1 "We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Rom 15:2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Rom 15:3 For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.'"

The idea conveyed here is to not seek our own good, but the good of our weak brothers who struggle or are caught in sin. This presents thus a picture of the love and law of Christ, that we would "love one another" (John 13:34) as Christ commands and if we do, that love will not "seek its own" but the good of others (1 Cor. 13:5-7). Paul provides and quotes an explanation of this truth in the psalms that are in actuality a prophecy concerning the suffering and atonement of Christ on behalf of weak, poor and dead sinners.

Concerning the end of Galatians 6:5, the meaning, I believe is to be understood as to what Albert Barnes has said:

"In the great day every man shall be properly rewarded. Knowing this, we should be little anxious about the sentiments of others, and should seek to maintain a good conscience toward God and man. The design of this passage is, to prevent people from forming an improper estimate of themselves, and of the opinions of others. Let a man feel that he is soon to stand at the judgment-seat, and it will do much to keep him from an improper estimate of his own importance; let him feel that he must give an account to God, and that his great interests are to be determined by the estimate which God will affix to his character, and it will teach him that the opinion of the world is of little value."

Burn

Well said brother. :brightidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

This means, OTHERS, too. Not just ourselves. :group-hug: For the glory of God. :amen: