Did I commit the one unforgiving sin?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Here is what Paul said , and no you didn't commit it.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:26 Adam Clarke Commentary

For if we sin wilfully - If we deliberately, for fear of persecution or from any other motive, renounce the profession of the Gospel and the Author of that Gospel, after having received the knowledge of the truth so as to be convinced that Jesus is the promised Messiah, and that he had sprinkled our hearts from an evil conscience; for such there remaineth no sacrifice for sins; for as the Jewish sacrifices are abolished, as appears by the declaration of God himself in the fortieth Psalm, and Jesus being now the only sacrifice which God will accept, those who reject him have none other; therefore their case must be utterly without remedy. This is the meaning of the apostle, and the case is that of a deliberate apostate - one who has utterly rejected Jesus Christ and his atonement, and renounced the whole Gospel system. It has nothing to do with backsliders in our common use of that term. A man may be overtaken in a fault, or he may deliberately go into sin, and yet neither renounce the Gospel, nor deny the Lord that bought him. His case is dreary and dangerous, but it is not hopeless; no case is hopeless but that of the deliberate apostate, who rejects the whole Gospel system, after having been saved by grace, or convinced of the truth of the Gospel. To him there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin; for there was but the One, Jesus, and this he has utterly rejected.

Stay Blessed

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I constantly feel impatient and when I'm tempted to sin, it seems I'm forced to sin (such as if I'm tempted to play video games when I know to work on homework, I feel like I have no choice) and I regret my decisions later on. Am I still saved? I've been going through a lot of trouble, not on the outside but on the inside with something, yet I can't recognize what the problem is. I typed topics earlier about certain problems I had, and it did seem that those problems were going to go away, but the seem to always come back. When I try to pray to become saved, I feel like I can't. I was thinking maybe this was because I committed blasphemy against the holy spirit, the one "unforgiving sin". When I did commit this sin, I wanted to purposely commit that sin because I was mad at god for my confusion (of course, I now know it was my fault for my confusion, but I am slightly mad at TBN because they were the ones that I listened to and I'm pretty sure they added to my confusion). Does this mean I have no hope to go to heaven? My family and me used to be good Christians, but it seems that my brother is just as confused as I am, and my parents seemed to go farther away from god.

I'm not understanding what you think you did to commit this unforgiveable si,or who may have convinced you that you committed it; I do know thi, though, if you are afraid that you may have committed it you,then you indeed have not. In the church age, I don't believe its EVE possible to commit this sin.

If someone could help us out here in explaining this sin,and it circumstances, it would be appreciated.

You sound like a normal intelligent young man, deathstar, who may be a little hard on himself. I leave you with the following vere from Job 22:21:

Acquint now thyelf with Him, and be at peace, thereby good haall come unto thee.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

tough times can lead to a renewal of spirit.

I know from your post your having a hard time but pray about it and think healthy thoughts, do the right thing, and know addictions whether big or small only bring havoc in your life. And disorder. And grief. And low-self esteem. praying for you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I constantly feel impatient and when I'm tempted to sin, it seems I'm forced to sin (such as if I'm tempted to play video games when I know to work on homework, I feel like I have no choice) and I regret my decisions later on. Am I still saved? I've been going through a lot of trouble, not on the outside but on the inside with something, yet I can't recognize what the problem is. I typed topics earlier about certain problems I had, and it did seem that those problems were going to go away, but the seem to always come back. When I try to pray to become saved, I feel like I can't. I was thinking maybe this was because I committed blasphemy against the holy spirit, the one "unforgiving sin". When I did commit this sin, I wanted to purposely commit that sin because I was mad at god for my confusion (of course, I now know it was my fault for my confusion, but I am slightly mad at TBN because they were the ones that I listened to and I'm pretty sure they added to my confusion). Does this mean I have no hope to go to heaven? My family and me used to be good Christians, but it seems that my brother is just as confused as I am, and my parents seemed to go farther away from god.

I'm not understanding what you think you did to commit this unforgiveable si,or who may have convinced you that you committed it; I do know thi, though, if you are afraid that you may have committed it you,then you indeed have not. In the church age, I don't believe its EVE possible to commit this sin.

If someone could help us out here in explaining this sin,and it circumstances, it would be appreciated.

You sound like a normal intelligent young man, deathstar, who may be a little hard on himself. I leave you with the following vere from Job 22:21:

Acquint now thyelf with Him, and be at peace, thereby good haall come unto thee.

What makes the unpardonable sin different to others is its relation to the Holy Spirit. The Spirit not only explains the Word of God, elightens the mind of sinners and persuades souls to repent and believe the Truth, but he opens the mind so that it is percieved (2 Cor3:16-17). When His influence is deliberatly and knowingly refused, in opposition to the Light, then the unpardonable sin can be committed as a volantary, informed act of malice. In response there is a hardening of the heart from God that rules out repentance and faith (Heb 3:12-13).

A person who wants to repent, to reverse the sins they may be guilty of, has not suffered this hardening of the heart from God, and has not committed the unpardonable sin!

Anyone who is saved will not commit this sin, because the Spirit lives in that person, and God cannot be divided against Himself (1 John 3:9) - three in one (the triune God) remember? If the Spirit is in you, God will not fight Himself.

So Deathstar, the very fact that you are questioning, and asking for answers means that you are not hard of heart, want to repent, and because you are saved, have not committed the unpardonable sin.

Rest easy. Sinner like all of us yes, but unforgiven NO! Just pray, then pray, then pray some more.

Jesus LOVES you. Bless you for questioning yourself, we should all do it more often.

• 5 months later...
Guest Witness Neck Ministries

I went through something very similar. Contact Neck Ministries (search for them through Google, located in PA) for help. They helped me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

The Bible says: "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them." (John 6:44)

Do you still have the desire to serve Christ?

It is by the Holy Spirit that God the Father draws people to Jesus. The Holy Spirit also reproves people of sin. A person who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit will have NO DESIRE to be saved, or serve God, because the Spirit will never come to him to reprove him of his sins. Therefore, if you have the desire to serve God, you may rest assured you have not committed the Unpardonable Sin. Also, no Christian can commit this sin for the simple reason that on the matter of salvation, his sins are already pardoned. Jesus has paid the whole price. ALL of a Christians sins have been forgiven and are under the Blood - past, present and future.

In other words, the very act of being concerned about the possibilty of having committed this sin is a clear giveaway that ones heart has not been hardened in sin.

The Bible NEVER teaches that God will refuse to forgive anyone who wants forgiveness. God's Word NEVER teaches that a sinner can beg for salvation, but that the Lord will refuse to save. Why would God give anyone the desire to be forgiven, yet not forgive them? Remember, ever the desire for salvation comes from God. Repentance and faith are the special gifts of God, which He would not bestow on any man if he were determined never to pardon him.

Remember: "All that the Father gives me WILL COME TO ME, and whoever comes to me, I will NEVER drive away." (John 6:37)

"Everyone that calls on the name of the Lord WILL BE SAVED." (Acts 2:21)

"For everyone who asks RECEIVES; he who seeks FINDS; and to him who knocks, the door WILL BE OPENED." (Matthew 7:8)

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:13)

"The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from ALL sin." (1 John 1:9)