Larry 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they (Not Noah and his family; they were preparing) were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away (These were the "They" that were eating and drinking) ; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

I realize all the books written as the left behind series and others similar to them I believe refers to these verses as the rapture of the Church, but to me I see no indication of being taken away here referring to something good. Then those that are left; Noah and his family as being saved must represent someone else.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which "taking away" are you making reference too?

The one in verse 39, or the ones in 40 and 41?

They differ from one another.

Dear Man, to me they all give examples of the taking away in Verse 39. To me those left are going to have the better part of the situation. I believe these to be those that will be left to be witnesses to the nations during the millennium. Those taken as in the days of Noe will be taken away in judgment. How do you figure Verses 40 & 41 represent different taking aways than that of Verse 39? Thanks.

Dear Man, to me they all give examples of the taking away in Verse 39. To me those left are going to have the better part of the situation. I believe these to be those that will be left to be witnesses to the nations during the millennium. Those taken as in the days of Noe will be taken away in judgment. How do you figure Verses 40 & 41 represent different taking aways than that of Verse 39? Thanks.

Do you believe the ones that are taken away in verses 39,40,41 are non-believers?

Do you believe the ones that are taken away in verses 39,40,41 are non-believers?

Yes I do.

Yes I do.

To me those left are going to have the better part of the situation. I believe these to be those that will be left to be witnesses to the nations during the millennium.

If all the non-believers are taken, who is left to witness too?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away...

This verse is perplexing to those who are wrapped up in the "Left Behind" theology. In this verse, the unbelievers are taken away, not God's people.

There is lot's of mystery (at least to me) concerning the end times.

Will unbelievers be here during Christ's 1000 year reign? That could explain this verse.

Yes I do.

To me those left are going to have the better part of the situation. I believe these to be those that will be left to be witnesses to the nations during the millennium.

If all the non-believers are taken, who is left to witness too?

I do not know that all non-believers will be taken for we know that the elect will witness to the nations at that time of the millennium. It is too late for it to be the Church being taken up. I know there are goat nations and sheep nations judged and separated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Noah was taken into the ark, the door shut and sealed from the wicked by God alone, and the flood carried Him off safely.

I do not know that all non-believers will be taken for we know that the elect will witness to the nations at that time of the millennium. It is too late for it to be the Church being taken up. I know there are goat nations and sheep nations judged and separated.

Why would He take some and not all?

That doesn't make sense.

Are there scriptures other than the ones in Matthew that lead you to believe this?