Larry 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away...

This verse is perplexing to those who are wrapped up in the "Left Behind" theology. In this verse, the unbelievers are taken away, not God's people.

There is lot's of mystery (at least to me) concerning the end times.

Will unbelievers be here during Christ's 1000 year reign? That could explain this verse.

Yes there will be unbelievers during the millennium and Israel will be witnessing to them. We see that when God allows Satan out of the bottomless pit at the end of the millennium to deceive the nations and God brings fire down upon them at the end of the millennium and they will be taken in judgment. These are those goat and sheep nations being separated at that time.

Matthew 25:32-46 show that separation of those left and those taken.

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

A note by Gene Hawkins of Gospel Fellowship and Grace and Glory College on this judgment: Matthew 25:45. "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Christ gives them the same answer here. When these nations come against Israel to mock, and give all this abusive treatment the way that they have mistreated them Jesus takes as a personal thing against Himself.

Matthew 25:46. "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." But the righteous sheep nations that gain life eternal are going to be on the earth throughout the millennial period, and Israel is going to be evangelizing bringing them in to the Lord in fulfillment of the great commission in Matthew 28:18-20.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I do not know that all non-believers will be taken for we know that the elect will witness to the nations at that time of the millennium. It is too late for it to be the Church being taken up. I know there are goat nations and sheep nations judged and separated.

Where are these unbelievers going?

Yes there will be unbelievers during the millennium and Israel will be witnessing to them.

Will Jesus be on earth during this time period?

If so, which form will He be? Spirit or flesh?

Yes there will be unbelievers during the millennium and Israel will be witnessing to them.

Yes, of course He will be--it's HIS Kingdom. He will be as He is now, and so will we. As far as the earth's inhabitants go, will they really be unbelievers? They will have known no sin, and known only peace. There is not going to be any need for conversion--the masses will have been living in a totally different environment with Jesus as King. Regarding Israel: the Church and Israel are one. WE will be ruling

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

You shouldn't see everything through rapture theology. The point of these verses show the wicked being taken away. In Mathews gospel, saved and sinners seem to be in the Kingdom-- thus the need for a separation at some point.

In the other gospels, only saved folks seem to be in the Kingdom.

Please someone show me plainly where the Bible shows Jesus catching away the bride in the air, us leaving, and coming back after the tribulation. Show me the narrative without jumping all over the Bible. Just show me one place...

Noah was taken into the ark, the door shut and sealed from the wicked by God alone, and the flood carried Him off safely.

You shouldn't see everything through rapture theology. The point of these verses show the wicked being taken away. In Mathews gospel, saved and sinners seem to be in the Kingdom-- thus the need for a separation at some point.

In the other gospels, only saved folks seem to be in the Kingdom.

Please someone show me plainly where the Bible shows Jesus catching away the bride in the air, us leaving, and coming back after the tribulation. Show me the narrative without jumping all over the Bible. Just show me one place...

Noah was taken into the ark, the door shut and sealed from the wicked by God alone, and the flood carried Him off safely.

You shouldn't be telling me how I should be seeing everything. The Lord hasn't moved me to adopt any other view as yet.

If you knew Scripture, you would know it is not there in simple narrative. God tells us just enough about end things to whet our appetite for knowledge of Him. I, along with millions of Christians accept the view of a pre-tribulation "rapture" of the saints. It is implied enough that we have that confidence.

edit for clarity: There is the same vagueness in the pre-trib scriptural implications that you find in any other view.

I, along with millions of Christians accept the view of a pre-tribulation "rapture" of the saints. It is implied enough that we have that confidence.

There is just enough vagueness in the pre-trib scriptural implications as there is any other view.

Oh for crying out loud, let's not turn this into another pre-rapture thread.

If you feel the need to argue the "vagueness" of your belief's, there's a pinned thread on the topic and at least a dozen more in which you can do that.

Let's not turn this into another spitting contest.................please!!!!!!!!!

I, along with millions of Christians accept the view of a pre-tribulation "rapture" of the saints. It is implied enough that we have that confidence.

There is just enough vagueness in the pre-trib scriptural implications as there is any other view.

If you feel the need to argue the "vagueness" of your belief's, there's a pinned thread on the topic and at least a dozen more in which you can do that.

Let's not turn this into another spitting contest.................please!!!!!!!!!

Looks to me as if there is already enough spit here.

Looks to me as if it is already enough spit here.

Must you?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Dear man, the best I can do pertaining to your question is give you what I believe. In Revelation Chapter 4 we see a throne set, and Jesus will set on that throne ruling with His bride. There will still be nations ruling in usurpation at that time and He will bring that to an end prior to the millennium. Those who endure unto the end of that tribulation will enter into the millennium. Israel will be the head of the nations and witnessing to them during the thousand years. There will be unsaved among the nations and Israel will fill that commission in Matthew 28:18-20. "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

At the end of the millinnium we will see the New Jerusalem coming down to a new heaven and a new earth and Jesus at that time will be among men. Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Hope this doesn't confuse things for you - I left so many steps out in the process.