• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Unless you've actually experienced a child in a fit of rage and in full attack mode, you have no idea what you would do.

What some people are saying about this child does not suprise me.

What surprises me, are the people who are saying it.

Matthew 27

22 Pilate said to them,

Guest HIS girl
Unless you've actually experienced a child in a fit of rage and in full attack mode, you have no idea what you would do.

I was told once by a Grandmother that pouring ICE COLD water on the child who is going ballistic...stops them in their tracks!!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

What some people are saying about this child does not suprise me.

What surprises me, are the people who are saying it.

Matthew 27

22 Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”

They all said to him,

“Let Him be crucified!”

Nobody is saying 'Crucify her'

But not enough people these days are saying 'discipline them and hold them to account' :rofl:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I was told once by a Grandmother that pouring ICE COLD water on the child who is going ballistic...stops them in their tracks!!

I don't know, never tried it..........but somehow I doubt it, I think it could only make things worse. :rofl:

Guest HIS girl

I once worked at a High School where things in the classroom were thrown around everyday, doors kicked in and the Admin block and library walls were basically belted in with large pieces of wood on one occasion. One day, during a lesson, an overhead projector was hurled across the room. The only adults in the room were the class teacher and I (both females), no phones, intercom..nothing..was very frightening. The person who threw it was a big 15 year old boy.

Guest HIS girl

I don't know, never tried it..........but somehow I doubt it, I think it could only make things worse. :rofl:

Yeah it may work on a ranting toddler........

Guest Biblicist

Very true.

Police are trained to handle people out of control. Their responses have been "pre-programmed" [for lack of a better term] due to the history, and rise, of violence in America, and the laws preventing "police brutality", and the drugs being used today. They have been searching for better and safer ways to detain people like this girl, without harm or injury to the perpetrator. Amazingly enough, these people go out of their way to hurt the police, but the police have less and less defences against it.

As some have said, there are those who will cry Police Brutality, no matter how it is warranted. It's a sinful attitude to rebell against the authority God has placed over us. They deserve our respect, and appreciation for putting their lives and reputations on the line every day for our safty.

Romans 13

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Frankly, I do not see any stipulation in there about not submitting if the authorities are "bad". Pretty straight forward to me.

Case in point:

My children's bus driver is very strict. No talking, no cell phones, no moving about the bus, no gum, sit in the seats properly. The kids complain and complain. None of these rules go against God's word, even though they may 'seem' supid. :rofl:

The other day my daughter put a pice of gum in her mouth as she was getting off the bus, the driver made her stop, on the bottom step and spit the gum in the trash. Harsh? Sure, maybe. But she is the authority, and my daughter was defying the authority by disobeying one of her rules.

I realize this is not the same as being tazered, but if my child were putting other children and adults at risk with their behaviour, then I would hope someone would stop them using whatever means necessary.

Guest Biblicist

I remember my mother throwing water in my face. I don't think officers are equipped with ice cold water bottles :rofl: After a while, it'd become luke warm, probably wouldn't have the same effect. And they'd likely get crucified for "trying to drown" the child!