• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You know, this is the "food sacrificed to idols" debate all over again.

We all have our convictions for whatever reason on this.

As Paul said, those who see it as "nothing" should not despise those who see it as evil and restrain themselves from it; and those who see it as evil and restrain shouldn't look down on those who see it as "nothing."

Let each be convinced in their own heart and mind.

Just keep your eyes on Jesus.

For we all have our own walk.

There are those the Lord has walk in the mud to reach those in the mud.

There are those the Lord calls to deeper levels of holiness (keeping in mind that "holy" means "to be set apart") for His purposes.

Whether we eat or drink, live or die, we belong to the Lord.

Whatever choice you make, keep this in mind.

Where would the Lord have you? Walk in this way. And accept that He may have someone else walk in another way.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Wow....I take a few hours off and look where this has led.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If you don't give it any mind, why do shut the lights off and not answer the door? Or is that the way you spend all your evenings?

I think it's funny. You're not gonna celebrate or even acknowledge Halloween, but when that night rolls around, you're going to spend it in the dark. That's funny. :blink:

Did you know, that Halloween is probably one of the best nights for witnessing to children?

You are besetting me. I won't acknowledge it, but I don't want kids ringing my doorbell. Nothing wrong with it. I'm not going to be in any dark. I have plenty of lights in my beautifully furnished family room.

Witnessing to children happens anytime, every day. No unsaved parent is going to let you say much to his child, and the only good thing you could do is put a tract in their pillow case. It will be tossed aside in favour of the mini Snickers bar.

I fail to see legalism. It is legalism to try to restrict my freedom in Christ to not entertain goblins on Hallowe'en.

Give me a break. I don't have to answer a doorbell--ever. I have a right to enjoy a break-free evening. What are you people trying to do? Cause strife over this idiocy? What is the problem here? I wish people would stop that sort of thing.

I agree totally, I was on your side on this one, I was talking about the legalism of those calling you a liar for turning off your lights.

you need to relax, you are on the defensive even when people are on your side

Wow! ok. I couldn't see the legalsm...

the only good thing you could do is put a tract in their pillow case. It will be tossed aside in favour of the mini Snickers bar.

You don't know that.

If you don't give it any mind, why do shut the lights off and not answer the door? Or is that the way you spend all your evenings?

I think it's funny. You're not gonna celebrate or even acknowledge Halloween, but when that night rolls around, you're going to spend it in the dark. That's funny. :blink:

Did you know, that Halloween is probably one of the best nights for witnessing to children?

You are besetting me. I won't acknowledge it, but I don't want kids ringing my doorbell. Nothing wrong with it. I'm not going to be in any dark. I have plenty of lights in my beautifully furnished family room.

Witnessing to children happens anytime, every day. No unsaved parent is going to let you say much to his child, and the only good thing you could do is put a tract in their pillow case. It will be tossed aside in favour of the mini Snickers bar.

LOL I guess you should make your sign for the door now. May I suggest.....

"Go away....I am not giving you anything"

or

"Do anything to my property and I will assure you shall regret it"

Please know I am joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only good thing you could do is put a tract in their pillow case. It will be tossed aside in favour of the mini Snickers bar.

You don't know that.

Then you do that.

I know some people don't like these, but they work.

Chick Tracts. Little comic books.

All one has to do is drop one in their little bag along with a candy bar. It's not that hard and kids do read'em.

And they're cheap.

I know some people don't like these, but they work.

Chick Tracts. Little comic books.

All one has to do is drop one in their little bag along with a candy bar. It's not that hard and kids do read'em.

And they're cheap.

If you can afford them. Keep in mind some of us are dirt poor. My mom buys candy for us to hand out here. I don't see her buying tracts being an athiest. LOL

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

You don't know that.

If you have the money to spend on tracts to put in the sacks of the beggars, feel free.

But remember that, most parents cull the bags of their children before they let them eat the candy. Any responsible parent would do that in today's society, with all the nuts out there that have to poison the candy each year. Yeah, it's not all that frequent but you wouldn't want it to be your kid either.

Parents get rid of candy that looks open, home made stuff (especially from people they dont know and who dont have a phone number and address inside of it), and written material they do not want their children to see (yes, nowadays perverts are out there too). I used to do this for my parents when my sister went out trick or treating, and when I stayed with my relatives I helped cull the candy my nieces, nephews and cousins brought in. Any written material was placed in a pile and the parent made off with it.

In general, parents tend to resent or regard with suspicion any attempt to lead their children into any belief system other than what is taught in the home. It is seen as very offensive, invasive and disrespectful of parental rights.