• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:13-14

Although this Scripture was God's words to Solomon we need to take heed. We are Christians. We call ourselves Christians after the name of our Lord Jesus Christ - God in the flesh. The things we see happening in our nation which was founded on Christian principles (even though history books are being rewritten to eliminate this fact) is an abomination. Today we are drawing away from God, and Christianity is slowly being swept away - chaplins are forbidden to pray in Jesus' name, some people are attempting to ban the Bible because they say it is a hate book, lifestyles which are abominable to God are being glorified. Is it any wonder that banks are failing? Is it any wonder there have been unprecedented fires in California? Hurricanes have been devestating? I believe that America is getting a wake-up call. Christians, we need to pray.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Yes, we all need to examine ourselves to see what we individually need to repent of and get ourselves in line with God's word.

At church on Sunday our pastor told a story of an older deacon who prayed every week that God would clean the cobwebs out of the corners of his life. The irritated another deacon. One week as the older deacon was praying his regular cobweb prayer, the other deacon prayed "And God, kill that spider"! That's something for all of to think about.

<>< ><>

Nathele

The things we see happening in our nation which was founded on Christian principles (even though history books are being rewritten to eliminate this fact) is an abomination. Today we are drawing away from God, and Christianity is slowly being swept away - chaplins are forbidden to pray in Jesus' name, some people are attempting to ban the Bible because they say it is a hate book, lifestyles which are abominable to God are being glorified. Is it any wonder that banks are failing? Is it any wonder there have been unprecedented fires in California? Hurricanes have been devestating? I believe that America is getting a wake-up call.

1 Timothy 6

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It seems like some are running away from their christian heritage almost like they are embarrased. USA was founded on christian values, but I guess in order to be more 'global' and earn that international money they are willing to trade values for cash.

so sad.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

... At church on Sunday our pastor told a story of an older deacon who prayed every week that God would clean the cobwebs out of the corners of his life. The irritated another deacon. One week as the older deacon was praying his regular cobweb prayer, the other deacon prayed "And God, kill that spider"! ...

:whistling: That's good!

:thumbsup: But very humbling.

As much as we need to confess and pray the sins of America, we need to confess and pray the sins of ourselves (back-biting, gossip, slander, greed, selfishness, covetousness, sexual immorality . . . yes, these things are all sins of Christians.

And we need to examine our own hearts and repent of our own sins.

Malice, rage, envy, strife, . . . .