other one

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Brad read verse 2 of the same chapter, that might give you a clue or a hint of which city Revelation is talking about. Better yet get a Recovery Version of the NT and read the study notes on the whole chapter.

Eric it would be fair then to say that we both agree that this city spiritually called Sodon and Egypt was or is Jerusalem.

So then please tell me is it Jerusalem before 70 AD or Jerusalem after 1948?

And does Rev.11:7,8 happen in the future or has it been fulfilled before 70AD?

If Ronald is right that the book of Revelations was written after Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD then Rev.11:7,8 must be speaking of Jerusalem after 1948 because Jerusalem would have been destroyed by the time John wrote Revelations. It is funny that John never mentioned Jerusalem being destroyed Hummmmm.

Revelations 11

The Witnesses Killed

7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Can anyone answer these questions or not.

Seeing that no one can answer my questions that are above, here is another question for you.

According to this text of scripture in Matt.26:64 did Jesus tell Caiaphas the high priest that he and his followers would see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Wakey! Wakey! those questions have already been answered.

Wakey! Wakey! those questions have already been answered.

Well I've been awake and still waiting for some good answers not smokescreens.

Preterism some will hear and some will not.

They seem be believe all preterist are nuts. Sometimes we have to show them we are not.

Edwards was highly influential in the Baptist life of America. He was the first historian of Baptists in America. Albert Henry Newman

Nothing discredits the presentation and defense of the Christian faith

and makes it more of a laughing stock in the eyes of the non-Christian

world than the barrage of failed predictions, imminence speculations,

and scare tactics of sincere Christians bound by our current

irresponsible doctrine of the

Guest shilohcomes

The replies regarding the question of whether scripture means physical or spiritual are, for the most part, all basically correct.

The Lord often includes more than one meaning and application in prophetic scripture, as we all know. As to correct interpretations, the only correct interpretation of scripture is the Holy Spirit's interpretation. Intellect is certainly important, but we sometimes rely too much on intellect only, and forget to ask the Lord, by His Holy Spirit, what it means.

Babylon, in Jeremiah 50 and 51 spoke both of ancient Babylon and modern Babylon. The broader definition of modern Babylon includes many things, the Catholic Church, the literal city of Babylon (which will be rebuilt) and the United States, to name a few. These specific revelations given to the saints by the Holy Spirit are included in the broader meaning of Babylon intended by the Lord. The broader meaning includes nations, religions and political systems (the 'world system', which is the kingdom of Anti Christ).

"Come out of her my people" has both physical and spiritual applications. In terms of America, I beilieve it admonishes us to "come out from among them and be ye separate, says the Lord", to separate ourselves from idolatry, worldliness and false doctrine/religion.

The Lord has given me a specific message of warning for America. It is not popular or pleasant - but it must be delivered. America is going to be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust. The Lord shows me more and more, solidifying and cementing my prophetic understanding. I have written a book entitled: America, Past-Present-Future. Below is an excerpt and a link.

'American political and economic power, flowing from New York City, is the spring that will water the restoration and rebuilding of the city of literal Babylon in Iraq (seat of power for the Anti Christ during the first half of the seven year tribulation period). The power base of literal Babylon will be built primarily by infusion of American resources.

Thus, a union, in the practical sense, as well as union of purpose and revelation, between the literal city of Babylon and the primary economic and political power base bringing her to life - NYC/America. Thus, in a very real sense, the two become one - and suffer the same judgment by fire. '

I believe the Lord has shown me lately the specific time at which America will be destroyed by the ten horns (EU). I always try and pray about things for a lengthy period before stating them as certain. One of the worst things a minister can do, is to 'jump' before the Lord has finished solidifying what He is speaking to our hearts. Have you ever had one of your children, in their eagerness to please, take off to do something you asked them to do before you had finished giving them all the instructions? hehe, you get the point!

But, I BELIEVE, that America's destruction will will come at the half-way point of the 7 year great tribulation period. For the first half of the tribulation, Anti Christ will rule from literal Babylon in Iraq. When Anti Christ turns on Israel and invades her after 42 months, I believe he destroys America via a surprise nuclear attack to prevent her from interfering, and because satan hates this nations godly heritage.

"Woe unto the inhabitants of the earth, for the Devil is come down to you having great wrath, for he knows he only has a short time."

http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/sh...mes/index3.html

In Christ,

Marty

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I wonder why people come upon us and refer all kinds of web sites to log into, when most of us have no problem with what the Holy Spirit is showing us by the words he gave us through His forty authors that He Personally hand-picked for that purpose. Conspracies, we've had by the boatload, and granted some of them tie in with prophesy in the bible, but you can trace them all the way dack to the garden when satan conned Eve into eating of the wrong tree to set his conspiacies into motion. I tried the link you suggested and it's chokka with conspiracies, well for as much as I bothered to read.

Anyway thank you brother shilohcomes for you contribution, and welcome to WB.

Did you know, according to the opening page of this newspaper there are over 70,000 indexed christian web sites on the internet. Well we can't read them all now can we.

cheers,

eric.

Guest shilohcomes

Jerusalem is not Babylon. That interpretation is totally unscriptural.

Eric, you claim to realize that conspiracies have existed since the garden, yet your comments at the same time treated conspiracy with an 'oh, no - not another one' attitude. This is an apparent contradiction. (?)

Scripture warns us to be aware of the wiles of the Devil. Certainly not a basis for sarcasm.

I also take exception to your veiled sarcasm regarding the link I posted. I certainly do not support the idea that we should look to books other than the Bible as the final authority, and drawing this conclusion simply because I posted the link is lame and misleading at best, and malicious at worst. Of course the Bible is the only book we need, if you bothered to read the acknowledgments, you would have seen that it was intended to be more a message preached than a book written. Last I knew, the five-fold ministry offices were still valid.

The Lord told me to write the book. I obeyed the Lord. The Lord told me to warn the wicked and Christians alike, I am obeying the Lord. I am not responsible for what people do with the warning, but only for delivering it. Did I violate the Worthy Board policies in any way in the message I posted? All of your comments were generalized, and did not really address the primary concepts of my post.

I state in the book that all veils will be lifted one day. That includes the veiled meanings and intents of every single word every single one of us speak (or write). Eric, your comments are packed full of strong suggestion. Suggestion is deception, and very different from tact.

Who is 'us'? 'well for as much as I bothered to read' suggests that the content is worthless. 'Well we can't read them all now can we' suggests that I don't post any more links, and is condescending. I rather suspect that your comments were posted as a general disagreement with my overall message, rather than concern that the other posters might waste their time reading the material supporting my post. If you disagree, why not just flat out say so - and plainly explain why? Isn't that the whole purpose of the board?

Is veiled sarcasm the usual way in which you welcome people to Worthy Board? If we are going to say it - better to be like Nathaneal: "Behold, and Israelite in whom there is no guile". Read my article regarding the dangers of suggestion.

http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/sh...comes/main.html

Guest idied2
America is going to be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust.

WOW we have two prophets with two different visions. The LORD showed john that his two witnesses are going to destroy the northamerican continent the southamerican continent the austrailian continent the african continent asia eurasia and the whole world at the same time.

What do you know about that? wonder who is right. I guess we will see?

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: