IGNORED

come out of her my people

other one

Guest idied2

It's a good thing that the LORD JESUS CHRIST is in charge. Because when all is said and done. HE loses nothing.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yod, the Jewish brothers that you are referring to are they Christian brothers or not. This is what I'm having a hard time with trying to understand you and others. Because from the way I've heard things presented is that they are not believers in Christ as of yet, but God will save them anyway and then they will be Christians.

There has always been a remnant of jewish believers.

It's a matter of semantics but the term "christian" was first used at Antioch because it was the first gentile church and they didn't know what to call those gentiles who were joined to Israel by faith in Messiah. There were always gentile "God fearers" in the synagogues called "Gerim" but these "christians" were different.

the term "christian" is not used for jews in the bible. A jew was either a "true jew" (of the faith and spiritual seed of Abraham) or not.

But maybe you have missed what is going on in the jewish community, Brad. In 1966 there were ZERO messianic jewish congregations in America but in 1967 the first one began in Cincinnati. Why is 1967 significant? It was the year that Jerusalem fell into jewish hands since the Babylonian captivity of 650 BC (excluding a very short period during the Maccabean Revolt of 150 BC)

Since 1967 more jewish people have come to faith than in the 2 previous millennia. There are now hundreds...possibly thousands...of messianic congregations in the USA and they are growing. In the church, an awakening began with the Jesus Movement. When did that last great American revival begin????

1967!

Something very significant began that is still going and growing.....but you have probably been missing it because it doesn't affirm your theology. Please consider this....

Many jewish people missed Yeshua the first time because it didn't fit their theology. Many miss Him today for the same reason.

But there is an exciting revival happening among the jews right now, brother! It is moving like the hands of clock...but there is a slow train coming.

So who am referring to?

The jews. Every single one of them is a candidate for being in the "all Israel will be saved" passage of Romans so I treat them as brothers...or future brothers.

Lest you think that I'm preferring them because of race, I treat all people this way..but the jewish people are the ancient people of the Book. They have a special responsibility to hear the gospel according to Romans 1:16

It's our role to tell them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Yod this is a keeper. I'll post this one for the Preterist forums so that they can be updated.

1967 was the year I moved from Canada to the San Franciso Bay area "the Summer of Love" I was saved during the Jesus People Movement but did not have a clue to what you just posted. If you see any of my postings in the future that seem to rub the wrong way take no offence. It's most likely a posting from what someone else wrote. I hope that the Preterist can come up with a true understanding with what you posted and with what they believe.

Peace Bro and to all Messianic Jews

Can I be one too.

Brad

1967 was the year I moved from Canada to the San Franciso Bay area "the Summer of Love" I was saved during the Jesus People Movement but did not have a clue to what you just posted.

Wow! You were part of that great revival? I was not saved until 1990 but I've seen the fruits of that tidal wave of the Spirit ever since. I am sure that you knew some of those jewish kids who were saved and started the jewish remnants return because Jews For Jesus started there. The main office is still there in San Francisco.

I would dearly love to hear your thoughts about what happened there. Were you a former hippy?

If you see any of my postings in the future that seem to rub the wrong way take no offence. It's most likely a posting from what someone else wrote. I hope that the Preterist can come up with a true understanding with what you posted and with what they believe.

My respect for you just multiplied tenfold at least. Honestly, I didn't understand or trust your motives for calling Jerusalem "babylon". I really thought you were only interested in strife. I now see that I was wrong and apologize for ever being harsh with you.

Can I be one too.

You are a huge part of the Israel of God! The part responsible for pointing them to their Messiah....provoking them to jealousy for their God! How awesome a calling is that????

:o

1967 was the year I moved from Canada to the San Franciso Bay area "the Summer of Love" I was saved during the Jesus People Movement but did not have a clue to what you just posted.

Wow! You were part of that great revival? I was not saved until 1990 but I've seen the fruits of that tidal wave of the Spirit ever since. I am sure that you knew some of those jewish kids who were saved and started the jewish remnants return because Jews For Jesus started there. The main office is still there in San Francisco.

I would dearly love to hear your thoughts about what happened there. Were you a former hippy?

If you see any of my postings in the future that seem to rub the wrong way take no offence. It's most likely a posting from what someone else wrote. I hope that the Preterist can come up with a true understanding with what you posted and with what they believe.

My respect for you just multiplied tenfold at least. Honestly, I didn't understand or trust your motives for calling Jerusalem "babylon". I really thought you were only interested in strife. I now see that I was wrong and apologize for ever being harsh with you.

Can I be one too.

You are a huge part of the Israel of God! The part responsible for pointing them to their Messiah....provoking them to jealousy for their God! How awesome a calling is that????

:o

yod Posted: Jun 7 2004, 10:48 AM

I remember us thinking it was cool that some Messianic Jews were around but that is about it. I remember talking to a few and wished I could team up with some of them but I never have heard of the Jewish remnants return.

I was a hippy, but more or less a hippy biker you might say. I owned my first Harley at fifteen, and wanted to join the H.A.M.C. but started going to Church at 18 in 1974 so that ended that.

Jimi Hendrix died on my birthday when I turned fifteen in 1970. My brother and I had dropped some purple acid that night and turned on the radio and got the news. Hendrix was my favorite guitar player at the time. The last concert I went to at the Fillmore in Frisco was the Grateful Dead.

In 1972 when I had dropped eight hits of acid and saw the Beatles play while listing to them on my stereo in my parent

Right on Bro,

Btw you can buy me that cheeseburge today. Got to run off to work right now. :flowers: uuuummmmmmm cheeseburge

Im just posting to find out what 'yod's avatar

it is a "yod" which is the smallest letter in the hebrew aleph-bet and the first letter in the name of Yeshua and YHVH

it is also the number "10" and represents the hand of God. In the synagogues the Cantor will use a wooden hand with a pointing finger to keep his place as he sings the Torah passage for the week. This is a yod also....

When Yeshua said "not one jot of tittle of the law will pass away".... the word "jot" is more correctly interpreted 'yod'