• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

It just happens to be from another source then from where you are getting your information.

Yes, Brad, you are right. Eric, Yod, and myself prefer our information straight from the Holy Writ and not what some man interpreted it to be.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Brad,

Have you ever just sat down with the book of Zechariah? It's a fascinating read that doesn't take too long.

Isaiah is my favorite prophet but it takes a while to read and has a lot of deep things which have to be searched out when it comes to the prophetic.

Daniel is also a book that tells the world's history in a few short chapters. Most people don't realize that the Maccabean revolt fulfilled chapter 11 as I'm sure your particular view would....

But I think you make a mistake when you think that ALL scripture was fulfilled in 70 AD. Why would God do that?

I like this verse from Isaiah 44:7

Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.

Let him declare and lay out before me

what has happened since I established my ancient people,

and what is yet to come-

yes, let him foretell what will come.

I believe that the Lord still wants to tell us what is yet to come...and that HisStory didn't stop with the fall of Jerusalem.

There are plenty of us who don't walk lockstep with western interpretations of prophecy when it comes to stuff like the rapture or anti-christ or whatever.....but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. There is still much to come!

Preterism takes Matthew 24 literally but then has to spiritualize other prophetic passages in an unneccesary way to force it into fitting the agenda of preterism.

Why not just let the prophets say what they say and accept it?

In other words, why not read all prophetic utterances as literally as you do Matthew 24 or Daniel 11?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Yod I have no problem with someone foretelling the future, but when it comes to interpeting scripture I believe all scripture has been fulfilled. We as the Church have chained God's word to scripture only. Now if all scripture has been fulfilled as of 70 AD then anything else prophesied as far as something else to happen would not be accepted. However if it's from God it will happen reguardless. The only thing I can see being prophesied would be according to the Kingdom of God increasing and nations being smitten with the rod of iron who rebel against God's authority.

Isaiah 44:7

Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.

Let him declare and lay out before me

what has happened since I established my ancient people,

and what is yet to come-

yes, let him foretell what will come.

It just happens to be from another source then from where you are getting your information.

Yes, Brad, you are right. Eric, Yod, and myself prefer our information straight from the Holy Writ and not what some man interpreted it to be.

This is just a cheap shot Ronald. I can turn this around and point it right back at you by saying that the information I get is straight from the Holy Writ and not what some man interpreted it to be. What does that prove, nothing. Same from what you just wrote.

Yod I have no problem with someone foretelling the future, but when it comes to interpeting scripture I believe all scripture has been fulfilled.

The point is that you have to spiritualize scripture in a way that neither Jesus nor the Apostles did to reach that conclusion.

There are just too many things which are still yet to come.

We as the Church have chained God's word to scripture only.

Huh?

If anything, the church of today is ignorant of scripture and thinks that revelation by the Holy Spirit trumps the Word of God.

Example; the way the Torah is relegated to being "void" though the scriptures never say this.

Now if all scripture has been fulfilled as of 70 AD then anything else prophesied as far as something else to happen would not be accepted.

Duh?

that is a big "if" which I must disagree with. This would be a more accurate statement;

"if" there are yet prophetic passages to be fulfilled (as I believe there are) then it is impossible that all things were fulfilled in 70 AD

However if it's from God it will happen reguardless. The only thing I can see being prophesied would be according to the Kingdom of God increasing and nations being smitten with the rod of iron who rebel against God's authority.

Then why is America the only nation which could be called "christian" in the world? On top of that...why isn't America truly a "christian" nation?

Scriptures talk about the Great Apostasy in the end of days. I think this world is best described as being in an apostate condition than a church triumphant. This one fact alone should be enough to show you that preterism can NOT be true.

But there are many other factors to consider as well that would disprove preterism without even opening the pages of the prophets.

How can anyone think this is heaven? :)

It just boggles the mind.....

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Quote Brad. june 20th 2004.

Yod I have no problem with someone foretelling the future, but when it comes to interpeting scripture I believe all scripture has been fulfilled. We as the Church have chained God's word to scripture only.

If,according to the preteists view, all scripture has been fulfilled, does that mean evrything in Revelation in the NT, has also been fulfilled, or is it just a book of symbolism? In other words, were the visions, that were give to John the revelator, received from God, who gave them to Christ, who made it known to an angel to pass on to John,real, or just a bunch of symbols. If you say they are

true and have already been fulfilled I have a couple of questians to ask you. and, please, dont answer with a heap of questians. A yes or no will be enough.

in Christ,

eric.

Yod I have no problem with someone foretelling the future, but when it comes to interpeting scripture I believe all scripture has been fulfilled.

The point is that you have to spiritualize scripture in a way that neither Jesus nor the Apostles did to reach that conclusion.

There are just too many things which are still yet to come.

We as the Church have chained God's word to scripture only.

Huh?

If anything, the church of today is ignorant of scripture and thinks that revelation by the Holy Spirit trumps the Word of God.

Example; the way the Torah is relegated to being "void" though the scriptures never say this.

Now if all scripture has been fulfilled as of 70 AD then anything else prophesied as far as something else to happen would not be accepted.

Duh?

that is a big "if" which I must disagree with. This would be a more accurate statement;

"if" there are yet prophetic passages to be fulfilled (as I believe there are) then it is impossible that all things were fulfilled in 70 AD

However if it's from God it will happen reguardless. The only thing I can see being prophesied would be according to the Kingdom of God increasing and nations being smitten with the rod of iron who rebel against God's authority.

Then why is America the only nation which could be called "christian" in the world? On top of that...why isn't America truly a "christian" nation?

Scriptures talk about the Great Apostasy in the end of days. I think this world is best described as being in an apostate condition than a church triumphant. This one fact alone should be enough to show you that preterism can NOT be true.

But there are many other factors to consider as well that would disprove preterism without even opening the pages of the prophets.

How can anyone think this is heaven? :blink:

It just boggles the mind.....

Yod if you are in Christ, Christ is in heaven and you are there in Him. Understand it in the spirit not the flesh and have the mind of Christ, not a carnal mind.

Quote Brad. june 20th 2004.

Yod I have no problem with someone foretelling the future, but when it comes to interpeting scripture I believe all scripture has been fulfilled. We as the Church have chained God's word to scripture only.

If,according to the preteists view, all scripture has been fulfilled, does that mean evrything in Revelation in the NT, has also been fulfilled, or is it just a book of symbolism? In other words, were the visions, that were give to John the revelator, received from God, who gave them to Christ, who made it known to an angel to pass on to John,real, or just a bunch of symbols. If you say they are

true and have already been fulfilled I have a couple of questians to ask you. and, please, dont answer with a heap of questians. A yes or no will be enough.

in Christ,

eric.

Yes Eric I believe Revelations to be fulfilled but before you ask me any questions I have one for you. According to this text of scripture in Matt.26:64 did Jesus tell Caiaphas the high priest that he and his followers would see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Brad asked.

According to this text of scripture in Matt.26:64 did Jesus tell Caiaphas the high priest that he and his followers would see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

Eric is in NZ?

It's dreamland even in the day there! B E A yuteeful.

Brad...God gave me a carnal and a spiritual mind to use. I have a carnal body and a spirit. He fulfills His word in literal ways and in spiritual ways. I have no disagreement (at the moment) with the spiritual interpretations you give to the Word.

However, Yeshua and every prophet of the Bible interpreted prophecy in literal ways as well. Preterism doesn't allow for this and therefore is unbiblical. It denies that God has told us the ending....though His word says that He as announced from old the things to come...the Alpha AND Omega.