• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I have to agree with those posted that it is Enoch and Elijah. The two witnesses according to Revelation 11 are killed and there bodies left in the streets for 3 days. Clearly symbolic of Christ's resurrection.

Hebrew 9:27 says it is appointed unto man [u]ONCE to die, then judgement. The only two people on record in Scripture that have not died are Enoch and Elijah.

Malachi 4:5-6 says, "Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord."

Elijah and Enoch were both prophets of judgement (Jude 14-15; 1 Kings 17-18). Both must comeback and die their own appointed death on earth as all men must do. If either Elijah or Enoch had been translated in imortal, glorified bodies they would have been the first fruits of the resurrection, not Christ. Consequently, they are in heaven in their natural bodies and must return to die as all men must.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dfc1959
Personally, I have come to lean towards the interpretation that the two Witnesses are representing groups of people rather than being two people.

But for a long time I have been against the idea that these two would be people from the past coming back to earth . . . that just comes across as wrong on so many different levels!

i thought the two were enoch and elijah..they were raptured up..and will come back during the tribulation..if not then what about Hebrews 9:27..it is appointed unto man once to die then the judgement.. :amen: