Amaan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone think that Enoch may be one of the Two Witnesses or that Moses and Elijah will be? I thought that Moses died...

Prophecy interests me a great deal. Ecspecially because of the promises it holds..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Personally, I have come to lean towards the interpretation that the two Witnesses are representing groups of people rather than being two people.

But for a long time I have been against the idea that these two would be people from the past coming back to earth . . . that just comes across as wrong on so many different levels!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Does anyone think that Enoch may be one of the Two Witnesses or that Moses and Elijah will be? I thought that Moses died...

Prophecy interests me a great deal. Ecspecially because of the promises it holds..

First of all it was a vision (Mt.17:9); not that Moses and Elias stood on the earth risen. In vision they appeared unto Peter, James, and John. In (Mt 17:12-13) Elias was figurative of John the Baptist. If I remember right, this vision was a picture of Jesus and the things to come to Him; not the future two witnesses to come.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

A more important point might be what it is that they do rather than who they are.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. 7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. 11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Rev 11:3-13 (KJV)

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Heb 9:27 (KJV)

So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.

Deut 34:5 (KJV)

Moses has died once, and no one is appointed to die twice on the earth, so one of the witnesses cannot be Moses.

Also, as for the witnesses being groups, the specific wording of dead bodies lying in the streets, of these being prophets, and of they that dwell on the earth sending gifts one to another and making merry, of them standing on their feet, of them ascending, and of enemies beholding them, and of these enemies having great fear when they see them, all this speaks of individuals, of being on earth, of physical bodies.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies

Until the advent of live worldwide tv broadcasts it was not possible for all these from all over the world to "see" their dead bodies, so we have come to the age in which this is possible now.

Remember that the "voice of one crying in the wilderness" was a man, not a group. God does prophecy about individuals and future events, sometimes in alogories, but sometimes specifically and clearly.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

John 1:6-8 (KJV)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

First of all it was a vision (Mt.17:9); not that Moses and Elias stood on the earth risen. In vision they appeared unto Peter, James, and John. In (Mt 17:12-13) Elias was figurative of John the Baptist. If I remember right, this vision was a picture of Jesus and the things to come to Him; not the future two witnesses to come.

Shalom Larry -

I wasn't comparing the two directly, but was using it to attempt to understand Nebula's other statement, somewhat like you are doing with Yod. :thumbsup:

Although I disagree with your analysis of the event. They did not just appear to Peter et al, they were on the mountain talking with Jesus (συλλαλουντες μετ αυτου).

There is nothing to indicate that it was a picture of things to come.

Hmmm, but if it was a picture of things to come, I wonder, then, what is the significance that He was talking with those two ... ?

shlomo

Thank you Brother Shlomo, and my statement wasn't a declaration of scripture other than it was a vision. Jesus was transfigured, and the disciples heard the voice out of the cloud, and saw Moses and Elias talking with Jesus, but in vision as I see it. The future events I believe to be as a part of the vision in in Mt. 17:12 where it says: Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

In Jesus' name

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Shalom Neb - :thumbsup:

Long time no talk with. I understand your statement about representing groups of people. I know some that believe that way also.

But my question is about your last statement. I'm curious what you think about Peter's experience (as well as the others with him) on the mount of transfiguration. Did two people from the past come back to the earth then to talk with Jesus and be seen by Peter and the others? Or did something else happen?

Curious --

shlomo

Hey -

I don't venture in here much . . . after a while everything starts sounding all the same . . . .

But as for your question -

Moses and Elijah speaking with their Lord on the Earth is a far cry from them ministering prophecies and judgments to the people of the Earth.

Besides, when they came to the Mount to speak with Jesus, they were manifesting "flesh" the same way the angels did and do, although they are spiritual beings. Moses' body, as another poster mentioned, is already long gone dead. Elijah's body was somehow transfigured I guess. (I don't think his body of flesh could survive in Heaven - or the journey to get there even - so either the flesh disintegrated or was transformed.)

But even if the two Witnesses are two people, why is it so hard for people to believe that God can raise up 2 individuals today the way He did in the past for such a task?

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

As with most prophecies, we will know a lot more after it has been fulfilled

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

As with most prophecies, we will know a lot more after it has been fulfilled

:thumbsup: Yes, Brother! Thank You and I agree ... but, it still is good reading to see how others interpret scripture, even if is, at best, as guess. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I have heard various ideas of who the two witnesses are. Moses (representing the Law) and Elijah (representing the prophets), or Enoch and Elijah (the two who were "raptured"). I've heard others, too, but these are the most common. I really don't know and the arguments I hear for each are good. I'm not really sure why they have to be people whose names are know to us. But, whoever they are, they will appear after the rapture.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Moses did die...Elisha and Elijah did not :):thumbsup:

If I were a betting person I would say them....why? because the Bible says it is appointed for man to die once...also the 2 witnesses in Rev get killed for 3 days...you cant kill a dead man :thumbsup: