• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

ok so no one seems to be listening so here's a cry for help! unfortunately I have a very personal issue going on that I think is work related and am having a huge trust issue... please feel free to IM me on yahoo at kowboykiller2684

Please E-Mail me at, alan4christ@supanet.com I will help if I can.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  191
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

What are you afraid of? Being judged? Criticized (sp?)? etc? I have serious trust issues too. So do a lot of people here. Perhaps we can talk about that first, and when you are comfortable, you can talk about the more personal side of your problem. I've been here for a little over a week, and I have found very warm and sensitive people here. I've yet to have anyone lash out at me or anyone else here-or be critical or judgemental or gossipy or anything that we find in the everyday world. It's a real breath of fresh air for me.

My husband betrayed both my daughter and I when he molested her at age 5, almost six. If you can't trust your husband, who can you trust? Yeh, my trust issues are hard to bear up under. Still, there is a lot of wisdom here-all guided by the Holy Spirit. Don't trust us, trust Him.

:emot-hug: too to you stormy.

there's a lot of wisdom here. but i wouldn't say its all guided by the Spirit! please don't take everything that is said here like that. the love i have felt on this board has surpassed even my high standards! but its made up of people--fallen creatures of the human race. take the meat, spit out the bones, and let that Holy Spirit guide you in whether the words are wise or not.

excellent advice to the op! trust is earned, but there are hundreds of people here. one cannot trust them all before making themselves vulnerable. else, no help will come from here. i think the "spirit" of this board can very much be trusted. but not each word that is said. and thats the way it is in life--in this world we live in. in a lot of ways i see this board as "practice" for going out in the real world.

im glad your here, stormy and jacket!

Good point and well taken. Thank you. I trust the Holy Spirit to speak to me when it is Him (guiding me in discerning the spirits-not the gift, just the Holy Spirit keeping me from harm), and I am very cautious by nature in what people tell me. If I don't recognize certain things as false (if I don't hear His voice immediately), I take it back to God for consultation and wait for His judgement. And He teaches me. Like you said, "take the meat, spit out the bones, and let that Holy Spirit guide you". I don't want to be one of the deceived nor do I want to deceive, even if the intention is for their benefit. What wisdom I have, I have from God. Even so, it is for Him to use as He will-not me. "A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!" Proverbs 15:23 God knows the seasons of all the people here so I am always asking Him to guide my words accordingly. I do overstep my bounds sometimes. I don't like to see people hurting so I grow impatient. Thank you for your gentle rebuke. :cool:

And to everyone here: :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  191
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

I was referring to my assumption about all the posts here being inspired by the Holy Spirit. You are right about that. Not all of them are. I'm glad I have the Holy Spirit to help me to see when they are and when they are not. It was good of you to point that out for the benefit of me and everyone else here, so thank you again! :)