• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A small area in Jerusalem which used to accommodate pilgrims from Russia called Sergei's Courtyard is the latest victim of the "land for peace" initiative.

:emot-pray: Giving land to Russia inside Jerusalem?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_...l_israel_russia

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I think this is pretty much the nail in the coffin as far as any peace initiatives go. As if the odds weren't (on the surface) already stacked against Israel now Russia has jumped on the "dog pile". When the Antichrist brokers the peace treaty it will appear to be all the more "miraculous".

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Nothing new here really...just hope Olmert disappears from office as quickly as possible before trying to give away more of his country. There are large tracts of land in Jerusalem that are owned by a plethora of Churches, and large swathes of the old city owned by the King of Morocco. Many of the Churches are completely pro-Palestinian in their outlook, and despise Israel and the Jewish people...it would be good if they were all booted out and their property conviscated... but again this would be considered too provocative.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I understand also that Jordan has and is buying up land around the temple mount as well as through east Jerusalem. Olmert cannot give anything away according to their own laws or at least that is what was reported one of the Jewish newspapers. Its Livini that might just need watching.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I understand also that Jordan has and is buying up land around the temple mount as well as through east Jerusalem. Olmert cannot give anything away according to their own laws or at least that is what was reported one of the Jewish newspapers. Its Livini that might just need watching.

That is true, but in a way Palestinians are really Jordanians under another guise. I think ever since the Islamists realised that there were Orthodox Jews buying up property as close to the Temple Mount as they could get, they tried to put a stop to it, especially by threatening their own people with torture and death if they sold any property to a Jew.

Olmert is a spent force and the quicker he goes the better, but Livni and whoever else has 'clout' in Israel need our prayers, even if we disagree strongly with their policies or their character. 'May the L-rd watch over His people Israel at this time, and protect them from the enemy, and from themselves.'

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

That is true, but in a way Palestinians are really Jordanians under another guise

Yes the ones that are still in the refuge camps consider themselves palestinians as do many others in Jordan. I think that last satistics I read it was somewhere around 45 or so percent of those who call themselves palestinians. The kingdom of Jordan does not consider themselves as such and these are the ones that are buying up the land from what I understand. If I remember right the kingdom of Jordan believe themselves the true descendants of Mohammed. I am sure that we might find out why Jordan is buying up all this land sooner than later and it probably will not fair well for the Israelis hmm it never does. I agree we need to pray for those in power in Israel. Its going to be interesting watching who may end up in power in over there.