antiaging

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Does it strike anyone else that this debate is a grand way to waste time and avoid teaching the gospel to those who need to hear it?

_________-

1. No.

2 Is your assertion/argument that defending the purity of the word of God is a "grand waste of time"? Did you conclude this from "searching the scriptures", or just your opinion?? Is this "so"?(Acts 17:11)? Does the LORD God testify to this assertion? Is this assertion "...according to this word...?(Is. 8:20). I esteem, praise, glorify, and magnify what the LORD God commands(not suggests) us to esteem, praise, glorify, and magnify. This is the LORD God's testimony, not mine, nor yours. We all learn through repetition. Accordingly, as it is written:

Furthermore, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" Job 23:12

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48.

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that may the word of the Lord have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1

"teaching the gospel "

Without a credible source authority?

Again: The integrity of our faith, the faith, is dependent on the integrity of the word of God, is dependent on the "sure word"(2 Peter 1:19, "For the word of the LORD" must be"...right....", if all of the works of the LORD, including our justification, are to be "done in truth"(Psalms 33:4). The authority of which we believers speak is dependent on the final authority of "the" Holy Bible, "the" word of God,"...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21), which "....is true from the beginning"(Psalms 119:160).

My first priority as a Christian will always be: I will proclaim only that "message" that is derived from a "credible witness." If the witness is not credible, then "interpretation"="the MESSAGE", is divorced from objective reality. No interpretation, no "the Message", is worthwhile, or credible, if truth can still be considered truth despite ERRORS. If biblical certainty/assurance are lost, then biblical authority, and its resulting "interpretation"/"the MESSAGE" is impossible. If the biblical text is unreliable, then the Holy Bible's own claims about representing the full and objective truth about God cannot be substantiated or believed. The Holy Bible's authority to rule over us, to call us back to the LORD God, to offer justification and eternal life through the offence of the cross, and the resurrection, and any "interpretive methods", evaporates. And a discussion of the soundness of any interpretation, any understanding the LORD God's revelation of Himself, and His "blueprint" for all, is mere "going through the motions", "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", if the source for understanding these objective truths is flawed in any way. Therefore, if any supposed "the Holy Bible" claiming to be the word of God has errors, then it is not the word of God. And those who make the claim that the word of God can have errors, and still be considered the word of God, they are speaking not "...according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"(Isaiah 8:20). This I have learned from the Holy Bible's own testimony, if it is to believed. I take "God at His word"(the simple definition of faith), and it is that simple.

"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Psalms 11:3

The answer is:nothing.

Also, notice how scripture gives such pre-eminence to the scriptures:

* Romans 4:3. For what saith the scripture (in regards to Abraham)?

* Romans 9:7 ... the scripture saith unto Pharaoh.

* Romans 11:2 ... the scripture saith of Elias? They don't say here, "the Lord saith!" No, the scripture saith!!

* Galatians 3:8 ... the scripture foreseeing that God would... Can scripture look into the future?

* Galatians 3:22 ... the scripture hath concluded all under sin. Can scripture think? Can scripture make

judgements? Can scripture make predictions? This is final authority.

Specifically, Sola scriptura states that the Holy Bible is the direct revelation of God as it's source. As such, it has divine final authority, for what the Holy Bible says, The LORD God says:

1." For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth" Romans 9:17

"And in very deed for this cause have I(referring to the LORD-emphasis mine) raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth" Exodus 9:16

2. "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed." Galatians 3:8

"And I(referring to the LORD-emhasis mine) will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." Genesis 12:3

3. "Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." Galatians 4:30

"And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir" Genesis. 15:4.

"Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac" Genesis 21:10

Thus, what the scripture says is equivalent to what God says. The Holy Bible makes no distinction. Of course, this is incomprehensible to unbelief, and those who deny the preservation, inspiration, and inerrancy of this book, The Holy Bible, the King James Bible,and the power of God.

I am interested in presenting the facts that deal with the final authority of the Holy Bible, and if no one agrees with these facts, they may reject them at their own loss and peril. I am commanded to speak only what the LORD God speaks(2 Chron. 18:13) People are to be told-it is nothing to me one way or another. After all, to their "own master" they "stand or fall"(Romans 14:4), and I have never professed to be anyone's master.

Grand waste of time? Yes, if you are preaching from a corrupt book.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Does it strike anyone else that this debate is a grand way to waste time and avoid teaching the gospel to those who need to hear it?

What John said....No.

I would like to discuss this more fully...but have no time at the moment, so will just leave a link.

http://www.tentmaker.org/Biblematters/time.htm

I think the main problem comes from an unreasonable step of faith that claims things for the translation of the KJV that it does not claim for itself. I think I understand why this is, in the sense that some people believe if you find an error in translation it brings the whole of the rest of the Bible into question...so it is necessary for them to say and believe that the 1611 version is inerrant.

Hope people will continue this thread in agape love. :whistling:

When the writers of the epistles and other books of the Bible penned them, they didn't make the claim they were the innerant Word of God, yet most Christians don't think it is unreasonable to take the position they are just that. As such, I see no reason to look at it as unreasonable to believe something about the 1611 King James Bible the authors never claimed about it.

Hello Butero.

There is a difference in believing in the inerrant word of G-d, and in believing in an inerrant translation when the facts of the mad-made errors are plain to everyone, except those who accept the notion that G-d preserved His word in translation in the 1611 KJV, and any so-called errors, are not really errors.

For example when I see the word 'Easter' in place of 'Passover', in the KJV, it in no way rocks my faith, or leads me to think that the word of G-d is untrustworthy...it just shows me that on occasion translators got it wrong. The same is the case with versions of the KJV that Adimus pointed out...once where Judas was used instead of Jesus, and when the 'not' was left out in the commandment about adultery...G-d did not get it wrong, we did...we are human, and translation errors and printing errors do, and have occured. On top of that, more accurate nuances of meaning to some of the words and expressions used are available now, that were not available 400 years ago.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yes.

Yes.

Why...when we are honestly trying to understand the Scriptures and their history, and to understand why we differ in some of the things we hold dear?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yes.

Why...when we are honestly trying to understand the Scriptures and their history, and to understand why we differ in some of the things we hold dear?

I honestly don't see people doing that with the KJV-only/non-KJV-only debates that circulate around here constantly (or many of the other debates, for that matter). I mean, no one has changed their minds on the issue, and no one is going to change their minds on the issue, no matter what evidence is presented for or against. The KJV-only folks are still the same KJV-only folks that have been around here for ages (sometimes there are new ones, but just when they're new to the boards, not because anyone's changed their minds), and same goes for non-KJV-only folks. Seems a hopeless business.

Yes.

:)

As I See It

The Trouble In The Bible Translation Land Is Some Folk Pointed God's Sign Posts Away From The Glorious Lordship Of Jesus Toward Sorry Sinner Man

Westcott and Hort

And That Is Trouble Indeed

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:22

:rolleyes:

The Most Wonderful Thing About God's Holy Word Is The WORD

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

And The LORD Jesus Knew These Eraser Folk Were Coming

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Isaiah 5:20-21

And So He Carefully Tucked His Warnings Deeply

Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

Malachi 4:4

Into His Hebrew Bible Knowing

What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Deuteronomy 12:32

His Israel Would Copy It

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you

Deuteronomy 4:2

Pure And True

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Proverbs 30:5-6

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. Psalms 119:111

Yes.

I honestly don't see people doing that with the KJV-only/non-KJV-only debates that circulate around here constantly (or many of the other debates, for that matter). I mean, no one has changed their minds on the issue, and no one is going to change their minds on the issue, no matter what evidence is presented for or against. The KJV-only folks are still the same KJV-only folks that have been around here for ages (sometimes there are new ones, but just when they're new to the boards, not because anyone's changed their minds), and same goes for non-KJV-only folks. Seems a hopeless business.

Well I for one would disagree...none of us knows what goes on in the heart of a person... or what it is that stirs them and makes them weigh up and consider their walk in life with G-d.

Maybe those that believe in the KJV only never flinch, and are resolute in their stance, but actually in debating with them...and they are also my brethren in the L-rd... it helps me look up Scripture, and check out certain passages, and look into how our Bibles were translated...and I weigh up what is said. It is also rewarding to read some of the ways other people answer, and again and again I get blessed by the word of G-d, and most of the time by the attitude of those prepared to argue strongly on the subject.

I think when you have someone like Rufus drop by with his 2 cents worth of nothing...it is fleeting comments like his that drop a fly in the ointment, which is a poor contribution.

Those who don't like these debates, and think it is unproductive have a number of obvious options open to them without even having to dip their toe in the water. :rolleyes:

Dear brother Joe...it is all about Him... in whom we live, move and have our being.

In Messiah Botz :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

_________-

1. No.

2 Is your assertion/argument that defending the purity of the word of God is a "grand waste of time"? Did you conclude this from "searching the scriptures", or just your opinion?? Is this "so"?(Acts 17:11)? Does the LORD God testify to this assertion? Is this assertion "...according to this word...?(Is. 8:20). I esteem, praise, glorify, and magnify what the LORD God commands(not suggests) us to esteem, praise, glorify, and magnify. This is the LORD God's testimony, not mine, nor yours. We all learn through repetition. Accordingly, as it is written:

Furthermore, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" Job 23:12

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48.

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that may the word of the Lord have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1

"teaching the gospel "

Without a credible source authority?

Again: The integrity of our faith, the faith, is dependent on the integrity of the word of God, is dependent on the "sure word"(2 Peter 1:19, "For the word of the LORD" must be"...right....", if all of the works of the LORD, including our justification, are to be "done in truth"(Psalms 33:4). The authority of which we believers speak is dependent on the final authority of "the" Holy Bible, "the" word of God,"...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21), which "....is true from the beginning"(Psalms 119:160).

My first priority as a Christian will always be: I will proclaim only that "message" that is derived from a "credible witness." If the witness is not credible, then "interpretation"="the MESSAGE", is divorced from objective reality. No interpretation, no "the Message", is worthwhile, or credible, if truth can still be considered truth despite ERRORS. If biblical certainty/assurance are lost, then biblical authority, and its resulting "interpretation"/"the MESSAGE" is impossible. If the biblical text is unreliable, then the Holy Bible's own claims about representing the full and objective truth about God cannot be substantiated or believed. The Holy Bible's authority to rule over us, to call us back to the LORD God, to offer justification and eternal life through the offence of the cross, and the resurrection, and any "interpretive methods", evaporates. And a discussion of the soundness of any interpretation, any understanding the LORD God's revelation of Himself, and His "blueprint" for all, is mere "going through the motions", "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", if the source for understanding these objective truths is flawed in any way. Therefore, if any supposed "the Holy Bible" claiming to be the word of God has errors, then it is not the word of God. And those who make the claim that the word of God can have errors, and still be considered the word of God, they are speaking not "...according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"(Isaiah 8:20). This I have learned from the Holy Bible's own testimony, if it is to believed. I take "God at His word"(the simple definition of faith), and it is that simple.

The answer is:nothing.

Also, notice how scripture gives such pre-eminence to the scriptures:

* Romans 4:3. For what saith the scripture (in regards to Abraham)?

* Romans 9:7 ... the scripture saith unto Pharaoh.

* Romans 11:2 ... the scripture saith of Elias? They don't say here, "the Lord saith!" No, the scripture saith!!

* Galatians 3:8 ... the scripture foreseeing that God would... Can scripture look into the future?

* Galatians 3:22 ... the scripture hath concluded all under sin. Can scripture think? Can scripture make

judgements? Can scripture make predictions? This is final authority.

Specifically, Sola scriptura states that the Holy Bible is the direct revelation of God as it's source. As such, it has divine final authority, for what the Holy Bible says, The LORD God says:

1." For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth" Romans 9:17

"And in very deed for this cause have I(referring to the LORD-emphasis mine) raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth" Exodus 9:16

2. "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed." Galatians 3:8

"And I(referring to the LORD-emhasis mine) will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." Genesis 12:3

3. "Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." Galatians 4:30

"And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir" Genesis. 15:4.

"Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac" Genesis 21:10

Thus, what the scripture says is equivalent to what God says. The Holy Bible makes no distinction. Of course, this is incomprehensible to unbelief, and those who deny the preservation, inspiration, and inerrancy of this book, The Holy Bible, the King James Bible,and the power of God.

I am interested in presenting the facts that deal with the final authority of the Holy Bible, and if no one agrees with these facts, they may reject them at their own loss and peril. I am commanded to speak only what the LORD God speaks(2 Chron. 18:13) People are to be told-it is nothing to me one way or another. After all, to their "own master" they "stand or fall"(Romans 14:4), and I have never professed to be anyone's master.

Grand waste of time? Yes, if you are preaching from a corrupt book.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

Allow me to point out that your 'first priority' and your mandate are two different things. Your mandate comes from Jesus; your priority is self-imposed. Which takes precedence?

"Your mandate comes from Jesus;"

And just how were you able to come to know "God", to know "Jesus", without the scriptures revealing Him to you?(rhetorical q). Did God come to you in a dream?You would have no knowledge of the LORD God, to know "Jesus", apart from/without His word, and this word must be w/o error to have any credibility. This is scriptures testimony(which are not quoted in your "argument"/defense), which contradicts your "opinion.".

Which "Jesus"? You are missing the point because you assume, "believe", that it is not relevant to discuss the issue of the purity of the Holy Bible("waste of time"), that all the scriptural versions say the same thing, all the versions present the same "Jesus". Maybe I am just "unlearned and ignorant"(Acts 4:13), but it seems to me that when discussing the Lord Jesus Christ, we need to make sure we are discussing the Jesus Christ of "the Bible", and not "another Jesus"(2 Cor. 11:4) and the only way to discuss the Jesus Christ of "the Bible" is to make sure we know we are speaking from the "pure word" This is not too hard to grasp(The Pharisees nullified the word of God by their tradition-this was the issue, not "small stuff").

That is, you cannot separate the Living Word from the written word-the LORD God does not. How do we come to know the Lord Jesus Christ? Did He come to us in a vision or a dream, or did we read about Him? Did He speak to us in an audible voice, or just telepathically communicate with us? No! We can only know Him through the written word! And that is the issue! If I were to say to you that "the Bible", the New World Translation, says: "in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was a god", what would you say to this? This denies the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, and is in error-I can say that this New World Translation is corrupt.

Would you "argue" that your "mandate" is from "a" "god"?

Ah, just a "grand waste of time", eh!

I "...know not any..."(Is. 44:8) God apart from the God that is revealed in the Holy Bible, and in and through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Know this-to those who "argue" something along the lines of "my authority is Jesus...my mandate is Jesus.....", I say, .

"But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant." 1 Cor. 14:38

The word ignorant is a good biblical word-Paul uses it over and over again. It is not used by the Holy Spirit in a derogatory sense of "stupid"-it merely means "lack of knowledge."

Your "argument is similar to those who say "only God is infallible, not the book/any book...God/the Lord Jesus Christ is my authority, not the book/any book....I trust God/the Lord Jesus Christ, not the book/any book........"

Again, I say, what God, what "Christ", what "Jesus"? We have no knowledge of God, of His Christ, without that vehicle by which He has mandated to reveal Himself-a book. The Jews have a "god", and a "Christ"/"Messiah", as revealed in a book-the OT; the Roman Catholics have a "Jesus", as revealed in a book, the Holy Bible and tradition; Islam has a "Jesus", as revealed in a book, the Koran; Mormons have a "god", as revealed in a book, the Holy Bible, and the BOM.........Does that make these representations true? Biblical Christianity rests on the premise that the Holy Bible alone is the source of truth, and biblical infallibility as the only rational, reasonable(Is. 1:18) defensible position. Without biblical inerrancy, this is "pulling the rug from under " objective truth, and man, not God, becomes the reference point for truth.Without such, it is an excersise in subjectivism(Judges 21:25), relativism, and mysticism-a sophisticated form of idolatry, where man "invents" a "god", a "Christ", a "Jesus", of his own choosing/imagination..

When we speak of the "Word", we can never separate the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the written word, the Scriptures of truth. The biblical testimony is that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is only obtained from faith in the Holy Bible that reveals Him. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ cannot be divorced/separated from faith/trust in the scriptures that reveals Him, i.e., who He is and His work. The Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Word, reveals the invisible God(Jn. 1:18). It is not that we have to explain Christ, but that His mission is to explain God to us. He interprets the Father, and we are to believe Him. Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ is called "The Word of God" because He makes known, reveals, and explains the Father. And this is why the Scriptures are called "the Word of God", because they make known the Father and the Son, by the Holy Spirit, the author of the Word.

The Lord Jesus Christ is "the Way" to the Father(Jn. 14). He makes known God to us in all His attributes, will, and words, "For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me", "I have given them thy word","Thy word is truth"(Jn. 17:8,14,17)-it is always "THY Word".

In like manner, the written word, the Scripture, is given in order to interpret, and to testify of the Lord Jesus Christ. And this is why the Lord Jesus Christ is the one great subject of the Word.

This is why the Holy Spirit is the interpreter of both. The Holy Spirit's mission is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ(Jn. 16:14). He receives and shows the things of Christ. But He shows them in the Written Word(1 Cor. 2:9-14). And this is why it must be He and He alone who enables us to "Preach the Word"(2 Tim. 4:2).

Thus, we have the Word in 3 manifestations:

The Incarnate Word

The written Word

The Preached Word

There is no other. The Lord Jesus Christ reveals the Father. The Scripture reveals the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit reveals both in the written and preached wo! rd(1 Cor . 12:7,8).

I suggest you "check out scriptures"(Acts 17:11), and quote the scriptures, as the LORD God, Jesus Christ "mandates" you do(notice the number of times He quotes scripture, "It is written....the scripture saith......" over and over and over and.....), believe the biblical testimony, and not rely on your opinion(Judges 21:25). Then, and only then, will you not be venturing into a "grand waste of time."

"Your mandate comes from Jesus; your priority is self-imposed. Which takes precedence?'

My priority is the same priority the LORD God testifies to in His written word that it should be, what the Lord Jesus Christ testifies it should be, as I outline from the scripture, not my "opinion", such as yours. Your mandate is formed from your "opinion", what you "think" it should be(Judges 21:25). Who is being scriptural here?

Your "mandate" vs. "priority" false dichotomy:

Lewis Caroll's "Alice in Wonderland".

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means what I choose it to mean-neither more nor less".

"The question is", said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be the MASTER...that's all....When I make a word do a lot of work...I always pay it extra."

The Queen, to Alice: "The word means what I say it means."

"Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob." Is. 41:21

As always, As it is written,

In Christ,

John M. Whalen