AnotherTraveler

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

Gen 48:20 (KJV)

And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

Isaiah 7:2 (KJV)

There are just some things that don’t go together at all. That a tribe in Israel would join with the enemy was stunning, but this was not just any tribe. This was the tribe in Israel that was the very essence of blessing of the Lord.

To allign with the enemy has tragic results, even if God's intention is to make you a blessing, even the best blessing.

For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

Isaiah 7:8 (KJV)

The importance of believing what God says, of believing both the blessings and the warnings, is so critical to becoming established. What we do matters, and what we believe matters.

And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Isaiah 7:9 (KJV)

My point is that God says some wonderful things about each of us, calling us to Himself from our former darkness, but He also wants us to stand seperate from evil, to walk in purity and holiness. It is in trusting Him concerning what He has promised that we become established in a very unstable world.

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 2:37-41 (KJV)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

AT - you have made me go back in time, once again, to dig out some jewels! I love it when that happens! :whistling: This has been a blessing to me and I thank you. :P

Back to Isaiah I go.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Hmmm... the same thing could very well happen to th U.S. Perhaps even as soon as with our next President.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Hmmm... the same thing could very well happen to th U.S. Perhaps even as soon as with our next President.

I sure hope not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

Gen 48:20 (KJV)

And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

Isaiah 7:2 (KJV)

There are just some things that don