Doowopjock

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

GOD told Adam not to eat of the tree. We do not know if it was GOD or Adam that told Eve. In reading GOD's judgements of the issue, HE doesn't curse the ground or consign death as a result of Eve eating the fruit. HE lays that at the feet of Adam, only.

Adam was the headship of their relationship. Adam told Eve.

Besides God talked to Adam and God showed Adam how to sacrifce an animal.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just would like to say that it was the women that was decieved as Satan cahe me to her and tricked her to eat the forbidden fruit but on the other hand Adam was not decieved nor tricked by Satan only the woman was decieved. Man on the other hand just staightout rebelled against God not being decieved but Adam broke the law he was given not to eat of the forbidden tree. So Adam was without excuse and was not decieved thus having no excuse he just once again flat out rebelled against God.

By the way SF,

You have said women should not lead because "[we] are so easily deceived."

But which leader is worse -

The leader walking in deception?

Or the leader who knows what is true but deliberately rebels against the Lord?"

So if women shouldn't lead because "we all" are so easily deceived, then you men shouldn't lead either because "you all" deliberately rebel against the Lord.

Something to think about. :th_praying:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

I don't know everything that was going on with Adam and Eve at the time all this took place, but if Eve was my wife back then I believe I would have been inclined to have been there with her so I could have kept her from being suckered by a snake. The only time I ever was married, I was very protective of my wife because I felt responsible for her well-being. That's not to say I condemn Adam from my incomplete knowledge of their circumstances back then. Just that I don't think one was any more at fault than the other. Men ARE to be the head of the woman--IN A LOVING WAY ONLY. The love I had for my wife would have necessitated my being present with her if she was being tempted.

Guest Biblicist
GOD told Adam not to eat of the tree. We do not know if it was GOD or Adam that told Eve. In reading GOD's judgements of the issue, HE doesn't curse the ground or consign death as a result of Eve eating the fruit. HE lays that at the feet of Adam, only.

If God knew that he was going to create Eve, why didn't He just wait to give the command to both of them? Why give the command about the tree to Adam, alone?

:whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

If God knew that he was going to create Eve, why didn't He just wait to give the command to both of them? Why give the command about the tree to Adam, alone?

:whistling:

Grace to you,

The fact remains that scripture is silent on whether God spoke to Eve about this or not. However, the Scriptures do speak of the fact that she was accountable for this knowledge.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

Well, that'll be a good thing to ask Him about once we get to Heaven--if we still wanna know by then. I don't let it bother me right now, anyway; a man has always been better at being a man than a woman has, and always will be. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. But a woman has always been better at being a woman than a man ever has as well--and always will be. That's just a natural fact.

I like the way God has of saying that some things just ain't none of our business:

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deut. 29:29)

Even when I don't know what He's doing--which is more often than not--it's still okay because He does. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

:noidea:

Understand that God created Eve as a helper (Gen 2:18) to Adam. That means that Adam is in charge and Eve is there to help.

God will NOT give orders to Eve because that is a conflict of interest. Adam named the woman.

God addresses Adam then Adam looks to Eve.

In turn,

Adam responds to God for his actions and in no way responds to Eve.

God created a chain of command. that is why God said " Gen 3:17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife "

Rules come from the top and work their way down.

God told Adam not to eat from the tree then Adam told the wife.

Whats more interesting is that Eve was ALREADY THINKING ABOUT eating from the tree.

Satan just tipped the cup over. Satan played on her thought.

"Did God really say......" She obviously must have been hanging around the tree area because Satan does not possess the ability read thoughts. But

he can read your actions.