RigMedic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

RigMedic: I find your opening post to be totally without merit. It is devoid of any real science, jumps from pointless comment to pointless comment and does nothing to support your "Myth of Evolution" title.

it is inconsistent. You claim that "nothing evolved" yet seem to cite Ken Ham (himself a quote miner without peer!) as stating that "microevolution" took place.

Which is it?

Thanks.

Micro evolution does take place. A change within a species. There has never been any proof of cosmic evolution (the big bang), or macro evolution (the missing link). Why is it that so many people can take such a leap of faith on something that has never been proven like evolution? But find it absurd to believe in the Creator.

Theory of evolution comes from man, the Bible claims to be the word of God.

Even if there is a 1 in a million chance that could be right, why on earth would you not want to look into it and check the evidence.

You wouldn't sell one of your eyes for a million dollars. Thats because your eyes are precious to you, how much more precious should your soul be then, to take a chance and throw it away?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RigMedic: I find your opening post to be totally without merit. It is devoid of any real science, jumps from pointless comment to pointless comment and does nothing to support your "Myth of Evolution" title.

it is inconsistent. You claim that "nothing evolved" yet seem to cite Ken Ham (himself a quote miner without peer!) as stating that "microevolution" took place.

Which is it?

Thanks.

Micro evolution does take place. A change within a species. There has never been any proof of cosmic evolution (the big bang), or macro evolution (the missing link). Why is it that so many people can take such a leap of faith on something that has never been proven like evolution? But find it absurd to believe in the Creator.

Theory of evolution comes from man, the Bible claims to be the word of God.

Even if there is a 1 in a million chance that could be right, why on earth would you not want to look into it and check the evidence.

You wouldn't sell one of your eyes for a million dollars. Thats because your eyes are precious to you, how much more precious should your soul be then, to take a chance and throw it away?

There is no "proof" of anything in science. Proof is only applicable to math and good whiskey.

Since I have a biology background I tend to speak primarily of biological evolution, although I do have a basic understanding of cosmological evolution, that math there is way way beyond me. but what I do understand suggests that the eath is billions of years old, not just several thousand that Genesis literalists demand. Further, my understanding of geology indicates that there was no world wide flood just a few thousand years ago.

You agree that evolution is a fact but limit it to "micro evolution". What stops "micro evolution" at the "micro" level??? Why does it not continue?

You refer to a "missing link". What do you mean by that?

You have a problem with scientific theories that "come from man"? Ever fly in a plane? Turn on a light switch? Fall down? The explanations are all based on scientific theories that "come from man".

By missing link I am refering to the idea of a transitional form.

Each species will evolve within their species, on a microscopic level. One species will not change into another species. They might grow larger, smaller, become faster, better sight. However if you take a group of dogs, put them out on an island somewhere, leave and then come back after however many years, they will still be dogs. I'm saying that the dogs will not change into a different animal.

I dont understand what point you are trying to make with your last comment.

I dont have a problem with science, and yes science is able to be proven.

We cant see radio waves, but we have proof they exist from the radio.

You say that you have an understanding of geology, perhaps you could explain the ocean sediment and marine fossils found on the top of our mountains? That seems to indicate they were under water, possibly from a great flood.

Not to get too much off of topic though, I would like to know just why you are so quick to believe something, by your admission cannot be proven, but you find the concept of a Creator so absurd?

Ocean sediments and marine fossils on mountain tops?? Plate tectonics, billions of years.

:blink::24::24:

You Did Know The LORD Spoke Face To Face With Grandpa Moses And Thus We Do Have An Eye Witness Account

And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. Exodus 33:11(a)

And Of Course Most Of Mankind Through Unbelief Got It Wrong.... And Will Again

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:37-39

:emot-questioned:

What A Difference

What A Difference A Few Days Makes

And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. Genesis 7:24

What A Difference A Turn Makes

Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God:

for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness,

and repenteth him of the evil. Joel 2:12-13

What A Difference A Meal Makes

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

What A Difference Jesus Makes

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

:emot-questioned:

Without giving me 8 pages of scientific jargon, exactly where and how did life begin?

Pretend you're talking to a first grader.

You can go ahead and insult me too, I don't care.

Just tell where and how.

Without giving me 8 pages of scientific jargon, exactly where and how did life begin?

Just tell where and how.

Evolution makes no claims about how life began.

Ok.

Guest Peter_Joseph7865

I don't know what I'm doing, I'm new here. Somehow I copied somebody's text and the only way I know how to delete it is by editing it into something else and editing it into nothing doesn't count so that's why I'm writing this. So sorry for being off topic!

Edited by Peter_Joseph7865

Guest Peter_Joseph7865

(In reply to RidMedic's post) I'm currently engaged in an online debate against an evolutionist/atheist. I really needed to find something like this! Thank you for spending the time to write this all out!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

There is a period of time between the first and second verse of the the bible, the age of the planet is billions of years.

If you knew that this was man's way to discredit God, would you still argue it?

There is no evidence, scriptural or otherwise, to suggest that this is true. In fact, scholars agree that when taken in a straightforward manner, scripture simply does not teach millions of years. Further, when taken purely on a Sola Scriptura basis, you come to an age ot the earth of about 8,000-10,000 years.

(In reply to RidMedic's post) I'm currently engaged in an online debate against an evolutionist/atheist. I really needed to find something like this! Thank you for spending the time to write this all out!

Glad to help :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Just tell where and how.

Evolution makes no claims about how life began.

Evolution doesn't make any claims about how life began, Just the progression of life, Which is something important to realize in discussion between Creation and evolution, Creation is more of a whole, while the contemporary science reguarding origins and progression is segmented.

For example,

Big Bang, abio genesis, then evolution, Both is a chain of separate theory's that link together, to explain the origin and progression of life.

But when you look at Creation, it's not a chain of separate theory's, God created the heavens and earth, God formed the earth to make it inhabitable for life, God created life to dwell on the earth.

One big difference between the two is that if you take out One theory in contemporary science, it is changeable, and an alternate theory can and will be used. However with Creation, It stands alone, You can't change one thing because it is not a mixture of different theory's connecting together, but stands as a whole.

For this reason I believe a lot of misunderstandings come about, As we take Creation as a whole, sometimes we group the Chain as a whole also, Which should never be considered as a whole, but taken as it is, as different theory's that link together.

Nice post rig! :emot-handshake: