IGNORED

What a dishonest and horrible world we live in.

Blien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I wrote once to all of you asking for prayers of strenght and vindication for what was happening to me at work with my coworker who was trying to get me fired. That gay guy in my office, the one who caused me so much heart ache after the second day of starting work with this company.. Well he's up to his no good nonsense again. And I'm really really really getting sick to my heart with all of it. Why doesn't he just act normal and just accept me for who I am and try to work with me. Instead he's the most self-centered, narcissistic, dishonest and backstabbing person I've ever known. He OPENLY talks about firing me in front of my boss and gloats in other people he's had fired in the past. And my boss? As dishonest and self serving as the rest of them. He will fire me in a minute if I cross him and I've been trying with all my might not to.

So I took all my prayers up to the Lord do you know what kind of message I've been getting from God as well? He's telling me to forgive him and to talk to him, try to befriend him... but, I don't believe this is God talking to me. How could it be? How could I befriend an enemy who stabs me right through the heart repeatedly. I can barely look at him without an angry disappointed gaze. If he had not been my coworker I would have seriously pounded him to the ground for all the things he had been doing to me, I seriously can't look at him without thinking how much I hate him for what he has done. For all the evil he payed me for the good I've done to him. While he was telling my manger how much I am incompetent and not "a good fit" for the company and making everyone in the office side with him. I told my manager, that I'm not what he is accusing me off and I have all the paper work with me to show him if he wants to but my objective is not to get him fired. Rather that I wanted to resolve it and hopefully we can grow an accept each other.. I did many things to save his face when he messed up. I never complained about him, not even once about the things he did until I my manger pressed me and even though I did not tell him everything so that he would have a chance to redeem himself. But that guy... he cares not about anyone. There is no love in him. Just hatred and Jealousy. Should I just keep silent about this? Why shouldn't I be vindicated? Why can't he just leave me alone?

And what makes it even worse? My friends at work tell me to accept the world as one shade of Grey and to accept it. What? Why should I be dishonest just because they are? I live to honor God and to show my love to him.. why should I lie and back stab and be as dirty as they are just because someone does it to me?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry you are having a tough time---I understand what that's like. But Jesus did say to love our enemies...perhaps you should try to befriend him. It might be hard, but it could make a difference. :)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I wrote once to all of you asking for prayers of strenght and vindication for what was happening to me at work with my coworker who was trying to get me fired. That gay guy in my office, the one who caused me so much heart ache after the second day of starting work with this company.. Well he's up to his no good nonsense again. And I'm really really really getting sick to my heart with all of it. Why doesn't he just act normal and just accept me for who I am and try to work with me. Instead he's the most self-centered, narcissistic, dishonest and backstabbing person I've ever known. He OPENLY talks about firing me in front of my boss and gloats in other people he's had fired in the past. And my boss? As dishonest and self serving as the rest of them. He will fire me in a minute if I cross him and I've been trying with all my might not to.

So I took all my prayers up to the Lord do you know what kind of message I've been getting from God as well? He's telling me to forgive him and to talk to him, try to befriend him... but, I don't believe this is God talking to me. How could it be? How could I befriend an enemy who stabs me right through the heart repeatedly. I can barely look at him without an angry disappointed gaze. If he had not been my coworker I would have seriously pounded him to the ground for all the things he had been doing to me, I seriously can't look at him without thinking how much I hate him for what he has done. For all the evil he payed me for the good I've done to him. While he was telling my manger how much I am incompetent and not "a good fit" for the company and making everyone in the office side with him. I told my manager, that I'm not what he is accusing me off and I have all the paper work with me to show him if he wants to but my objective is not to get him fired. Rather that I wanted to resolve it and hopefully we can grow an accept each other.. I did many things to save his face when he messed up. I never complained about him, not even once about the things he did until I my manger pressed me and even though I did not tell him everything so that he would have a chance to redeem himself. But that guy... he cares not about anyone. There is no love in him. Just hatred and Jealousy. Should I just keep silent about this? Why shouldn't I be vindicated? Why can't he just leave me alone?

And what makes it even worse? My friends at work tell me to accept the world as one shade of Grey and to accept it. What? Why should I be dishonest just because they are? I live to honor God and to show my love to him.. why should I lie and back stab and be as dirty as they are just because someone does it to me?

You shouldn't Blein....you should never answer evil with evil. That would be harmful to YOU. Every workplace has one (or more) of these people, including mine. There is one woman there who has worked diligently for two years to get two other people fired....she is relentless. Recently, the general manager finally got tired of her constant tattling and backstabbing. Yes, bosses DO get tired of the sniping....she turned in her notice last Friday after being told flat out (according to the grapevine) to cease and desist...or else. Don't sink to his level, the Lord is your rock, and either wait him out or find another job. If this man is bereft of Christian values he will not win out in the end and he is too be pitied as a lesser man. Management changes, people come and go, and policy changes too. People like this usually wear out their welcome and either get fired or move on. I will pray for you, Blein.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

So you dislike him for being dishonest, and backstabbing and then ask why you shouldn't be the same way. Because B, your better than that, HE who lives in you is better than that! Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us. Pray and let your "Light" shine! :)

But I did forgive him Many MANY times.... what grief... would you get angry, if a person SIGHS loudly and clearly shows his disinterest when you are presenting something you find interesting to your manager during your Monday Morning department meetings?? Not one, not two but THREE times... and on THREE separate Monday Morning Meetings???

I tried to forgive him.. so much.... but the result is he stabs me right through the heart and I close my heart to him not to get hurt again and completely ignore him. And result of working 4 feet from this guy for 6 months is that my heart is as cold as ice.. no feelings whatsoever. I can't be a christian anymore because I'm persecuted so bad by him and my other coworkers.. it hurts so bad.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132

Hugs to you! I've been in a similar situation more than once.

Jesus told us we will have trouble in this world.

Do the right thing and ask Jesus to cover you. Our God is faithful. Things may not work out for you there, but your reputation will be shown for what it is in the long-run. Your witness is what really counts. Don't fear being fired. Your boss would not have the power to fire you unless God allows it. Remember that "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose." If you did what's right, then rejoice that God has another place that he wants you to be.

Have you read about David when Saul was chasing him all over the place trying to kill him? David didn't do anything wrong. I found a lot in common with David over the years. I would really test the spirit that is telling you to befriend this guy. It would seem phony to him and he would use it as an opportunity. At the same time, if he asks you to walk one mile with him, walk with two miles. Remember that Jesus said that we are to be perfect, even as our heavenly Father is perfect. Remember that our God gives rain to both the righteous and the unrighteous. Who are we to do less?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132

Blein, I just want to add that you will be in my prayers. You are not the only one who has endured this. I've been through just as difficult situations, and you can find many examples of more difficulties than we faced. Keep in mind that our brothers and sisters in India and many parts of the Middle East risk much more than ridicule or just losing their jobs for the sake of Jesus.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

blessings Blein,

I too have been in a very similar place at work in my past. i read the Psalms daily ( especially the ones about being rescued from enemies lying tongues etc) while they gave me strength and allowed me to call out to the Lord for vindication the Lord worked on my heart.

He gentley reminded me that He asked that we pray for our enemies. so that is what i did daily for my group leader and supervisor and my entire crew at work. my prayers were honest i acknowledged to the Lord i had no heart in it for them but was doing it out of my love for Him. a trap was set to fire me the Lord warned me in advance so it was not successful.

eventually i started to pray Lord help me to pray with love for her and the Lord changed my heart! :emot-hug:

then came a day when her job was in my hand and mercy is what the Lord said to show her and mercy is what she received.

fast forward a few years this same woman returned to the Lord ( yes that right she was a deceptive, lying backbiter who persecuted me and was a fellow "Christian" albiet backslidden at that time). we became good freinds. she went on to witness to my entire crew and the Lord used her there mightily.

my last day of work my supervisor and i talked for a long while ( he too had accepted the Lord during this battle). we both marveled at how the Lord had changed us and her and so many people after that battle. The lord is so gracious to allow me to see how He grew us all.

i do not know if this is what the Lord will accomplish where you work but i do know if you are faithful to pray honestly to Him for these people He will strengthen and guide you and grow you in the most amazing ways. :thumbsup:

praying for you here brother.

love your sister in Christ

Thanks so much for your comments....

Just so you know all my coworkers are ATHEISTS... there are 3 Jews but completely unfaithful to their religion from what I see and hear them say and there is one Wiccan. Before I even got hired by this company I was passionate and on fire for God. I prayed that He let me lead some people to Him so that I can repay him for all the love and care He bestowed upon me when I was at my worst.. but this is too much. My heart is as cold as Ice now and hopelessly sick because of all the crushed hopes I had for making friends with these people.. they constantly repay me Evil for Good. How horrible.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50

I know it's tough duty to not have like-minded people where you work. I'm not as bad off as I was, but I was same as you at one time. One of the guys was a self proclaimed warlock that beleived he could change the weather and talk to scorpions. He used to bring me scorpions, like some sort of prize. I never ever let him know I was afraid of the creepy crawlers. :emot-hug:

Anyway - what I'm trying to say here - is that you have to bloom where you're planted. Perhaps the Lord would have you there to pray for those people. You should do that, even if you don't like it. Prayer changes things.

and - be an example for them. It could be that they've never had a good example in front of them before. How can they know how to act if they haven't been shown? that's a long hard road - I know.

Please know that you're in my prayers.