IGNORED

Receiving Visions

Guest Nola

Guest Nola

Hi, My Name is Nola

I am new to the board and hope that I am doing this right.

I have been receiving visions and see things in the sky and around me with my naked eyes and I wonder if other Christians See the same things too.?

It is on a daily bases that I see visions when I lay down to go to sleep. They are too many to talk about right now. I seem to receive different visions. Some I am not sure that they come from our Lord. Some however I am sure came from Jesus. I will explain later.

Some of the visions seem to be about the end times. Others are personal, they seem to comfort me.

I have asked other Christians I know, but They do not seem to see and hear what i do.

My hope is that we may help one another in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Hey Nola! Welcome to Worthy Boards! :blink: What types of things are you seeing- do you want to share?

Guest Nola

Hello Born Again,

Thank you for responding. At this stage it is too much to explain, as I receive these visions almost daily. But I will try and write some down to give some examples. I only log on over week-ends and will try and have it ready by next week.

With Love

Nola

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome aboard Nola :blink:

I have had dreams that i feel have been from God about personal things and about the future and answers to questions and these dreams have comforted me.

I have never had a vision while awake. what ever visions you have must be checked with the Word of God if the vision or message goes against the Word then you know it is not from God.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Hello Born Again,

Thank you for responding. At this stage it is too much to explain, as I receive these visions almost daily. But I will try and write some down to give some examples. I only log on over week-ends and will try and have it ready by next week.

With Love

Nola

Alright :blink: ! God Bless!!!

Guest ReflectionsofHim

Hiya Nola! Welcome! Blessings upon you, Sis! :blink:

I would love to read about what all ya'll have to share! How interesting! Yes, yes, we can help one another, share God's Word, praise God, and just be in fellowship in general through the things that happen in our lives spiritually. :b: But I mainly just wanted to say welcome, Nola, and God bless you indeed!!!

Love through our Jesus!

Reflections/Ref

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Nola and Welcome,

I believe it to be within God's plan to give visions and dreams and words of knowledge to His saints. We should follow the concept John has given us to see whether or not these things are of God:

1 John 4:1-19 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

What we receive "in the spirit" will:

1) Glorify and magnify the Name of Jesus Christ (John 14:26; 16:7-14)

2) It will edify the body of Christ (Romans 14:19; Romans 15:2-4; 1 Corinthians 14:3-5; 1 Corinthians 14:12; 1 Corinthians 14:26; 2 Corinthians 12:19; Ephesians 4:16, et al)

3) It will give us peace (Philippians 4:7)

Having said that, I must say that this is the rule, but there are exceptions, such as Jacob when he wrestled with the Angel of God and was crippled by him; Daniel's vision was troublesome for Daniel; Jesus' while praying at Gethsemane; John when he ate the scrolls in Revelation.

But there is always a surety in God's Word that somehow comforts us even amidst the worst of trials and even visions and dreams. They will provide clarity of thought and reveal the heart of God. This is most precious for us, even as Steven saw Jesus as he was being stoned to death.

I too am looking forward to what you have to say about YOUR dreams and visions.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest aka_mary

This is a very interesting topic. I have many really good study books on the subject. I have never personally recieved a vision, but I do dream, dreams.

They have ranged from personal revelation, to warning. I keep a journal to record my dreams in. I find that recording them as soon as I wake up keeps them pure and accurate. Most of the time I am called to pray and intercede. I have received directional dreams for myself personally, and on occasion for the body.

If I feel that the dream is meant to be shared with the body, I submit it to leadership so that they can pray.

We should always test to see if what we are recieving is of the Lord, ourselves, or the enemy. Will it build up, edify, strengthen, encourage, bring about change, etc. for the Glory of the Lord. Does it breath life, and not death.

Some people do not want to hear the truth. So what is intended for guidance, and direction is not recieved. I have learned that I am to be obedient to what the Lord is asking of me. It is all about Him. He know's what He is doing and why. I don't always know. Sometimes I am not supposed to. I just have to be obedient. I have also learned that something's are not to be shared just brought into my prayer closet.

Blessings,

Karen

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I would be concerned that this isn't from God.

One thing I have learned from Charles Stanley, (In Touch Ministries) is that visions are extremely rare and not an everyday occurance.

The just walk by faith alone. ***If God is revealing everything ahead of time, no faith on your part is requird.

(1)Except in a very rare instance, (such as with the Apostle John in Revelations), visions are extremely rare.

(2)Dreams are not the same as visions.

(3) Visions from God do not come if you request it (nor should you); visions are given soley at the discretion of God.

I have had ONE vision and only one. It's not like a dream. A vision looks like two photographs superimposed on one another - like a photograph with a dual image on it.

To elaborate, you can still see the furniture and things around you but you also see another world superimposed on the physical world. It's not your imagination. If you've ever seen a photo with 2 superimposed images on a single photograph...that's what a vision is like.

I would be very, very skeptical if you are having frequent visions. Satan himself imitates an angel of light.

Warning:

Those who've dabbled in the occult, (ouija boards, tarot cards, witchcraft, including Wicca, Hinduism or New Age, deep meditation, et al..) have opened up a doorway by which the enemy can enter in. This is a point where a person can begin to see into the spirit realm.