IGNORED

Marriage

G.A.P.

DIFFERENT in the way God convicts - His timing etc...the truth remains the same - that fornication IS a sin. If fornication wasn't a sin, then this discussion would not be happening. Fornication is sex between two UNMARRIED people. THAT will never change. Go and read where I mentioned about wife,husband and divorce. If marriage was not required these words would not be used. It's as simple as that.

You and I both know the Bible does not mention a "set" wedding ceremony....that's being trivial.

How do you know they are not married in the eyes of God?

According to the bible, what is required to show that 2 people are married?

You may think it's trivial, but it's an honest question.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
These 2 statements were made, "What I'm wondering is why you have given this man 12 of the best years of your life?" and "Don't waste any more of your life."

These statements may not have been said with flowery wording etc but the fact remains that living in sin (fornication) is disobedience to God.

Why pretty it up when there is eternal seperation at stake here?

I DO talk from experience also man, if you read my first response in this thread you will see why I think this way.

This from your 1st post in this thread.

Hi G.A.P

I was once in a similar position but I did not stay with the person as I was convicted by God to part ways with him.

HOWEVER - every situation is different and God deals differently with each person but one thing remains the same.

Do you see what you did there?

"HOWEVER", all in caps as if to shout it out to make a point. Then you say that every situation is different, which means her situation is probably different from the situation you were in.

But then you did go on to say this.

I'll put forward some notes from the NKJ study Bible:

Fornication is sex between 2 unmarried people. The apostle Paul said this is a sin against the body. He commands Christians to flee fornication as a sin against self and God, for the Believer's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:18,19)

It is very important to understand that neither fornicators and adulterers will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. (1 Cor 6:9,10).

Can you give me the definition of a biblical marriage?

Where in the bible does it state how a marriage ceremony is to be conducted?

According to the bible, what is required to show that 2 people are married?

Doesn't work that way man.

If "sex" made people married, then adultery, fornication, incest would be impossible, as every time you had sex you would be having it with a spouse.

Marriage is a covenant. That covenant is consumated in the bedroom, but sex is not the covnenant itself.

The absence of a prescribed ceremony is pointless, as it is not the ceremony itself that marries to people. It is their covenant to one another before God that is the basis of marriage.

If "sex" made people married, then adultery, fornication, incest would be impossible, as every time you had sex you would be having it with a spouse.

Marriage is a covenant. That covenant is consumated in the bedroom, but sex is not the covnenant itself.

The absence of a prescribed ceremony is pointless, as it is not the ceremony itself that marries to people. It is their covenant to one another before God that is the basis of marriage.

Exactly my point.

Thank you.

Guest HIS girl

Why would God CONVICT me to part ways with a person when I was in a similar position to G.A.P?

Why would God CONVICT me to part ways with a person when I was in a similar position to G.A.P?

You are not G.A.P.

Let it go.

Guest HIS girl

You are not G.A.P.

Let it go.

The fact is God's word doesn't change. Simple.

Guest shiloh357

Exactly my point.

Thank you.

No that was not your point. Your posts indicate that you think sex makes a person married. Your "point" was pretty much torpedoed.

Guest shiloh357

You are not G.A.P.

Let it go.

You REALLY don't know what you are talking about. YOU let it go.

Guest HIS girl
If it makes anyone feel any better I too lived with a man once until the Holy Spirit broke it up.

Praise God that you were obedient!! :emot-hug:

Exactly my point.

Thank you.

No that was not your point. Your posts indicate that you think sex makes a person married. Your "point" was pretty much torpedoed.

That's an assumption on your part.

Show me where I indicated that having sex is the equivalent of being married.