• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1989

i sometimes feel like i would be better of not here in this life it has crossed my mind many times here in the past few weeks and i know that God is with me and know that if i commit sucide then i won't go to heaven so i don't think i will but i wish the feeling would go away. i have prayed and prayed and it helps some for that day and then i feel down again i went to the doctor he put me on anti-depressants but it hasn't helped any

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Hi Paws,

Is this something recent or have you felt this way for some time? Strange a lot of ordinary people have become depressed since this whole election stuff started and we know the prophecy stuff always heightens at times like this. Could this be what you are feeling? I think I know where you are with that depression stuff, its terrible. I don't have huge words of comfort, I wish I did but when I feel that way I call out loud to God to try and understand why. Can't say I always get an answer but there is a comfort in just being able to call out knowing He is there listening. I also learned that I needed to examine my life in ways perhaps I might have been missing, sometimes its when I have neglected my studies or well something along those lines. Sadly there are no easy answers as to why depression just happens, it would be great if there were. Paws, I'm glad you came here to talk about it and I will keep you in my prayers. :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Paws, I've felt that way too many times.... I've just kept on believing that the next day would be better... AS long as you have HOPE, and put your HOPE in the LORD, you will get through it. I would say give the meds time to get into your system, if you haven't already... Just hang on, don't give up... Get out of the house, do something, volunteer your time somewhere... Many places need volunteers and helpers... Talk to someone, PRAY!!!!!! Talk to the LORD! He cares... Many people here care and will talk to you... Get involved with something... don't just sit at home and droop... That's the worst thing you can do... I'm no expert, and I'm not claiming to be, just telling you what helped me.... I'm praying for you.... May GOD take away ALL your depression and give you peace... GOD BLESS!!!! One more thing Paws, start listening to praise music.... I finally had to realize that country music was determental to my mental state... it was making me more depressed...

Edited by browneyedgirl2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/20/1989

i have felt this way for a couple of months but i didn't pay attetion to the election i didn't register to vote. i have had quite a few things happen lately also.

i do listen to praise music everyday that is what i listen to on my way to and from where i go i do somethings like go to church every sunday and wed. and go to work but outside of that i don't go any where i don't have a need too for i don't have a life or friends or anything of that nature. i know that God is the only real friend.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/16/1968

i have felt this way for a couple of months but i didn't pay attetion to the election i didn't register to vote. i have had quite a few things happen lately also.

i do listen to praise music everyday that is what i listen to on my way to and from where i go i do somethings like go to church every sunday and wed. and go to work but outside of that i don't go any where i don't have a need too for i don't have a life or friends or anything of that nature. i know that God is the only real friend.

This matches me and I know how you feel since I've been going through this same junk for a long while. No real life fellowship with brethren anymore for more than 15-30 mins or so on Sunday night. I work 3-11pm during the week so I miss out on the weeknight stuff that the church does. Seems I'm the odd man out.

I need that daily fellowship. Isn't that what the early church did?

Act 2:46 And continuing steadfastly with one mind day by day in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they shared food in gladness and simplicity of heart,

These guys and gals didn't want to be apart from each other. Today yikes like pulling teeth to get any time on Sunday night, the only night off for me outside the service time. Are there any church doors open for us swing-shift and 2nd-3rd shift guys and gals? It seems almost all churches are oriented around 1st shift with weekends off only peeps. I miss my spiritual family.

Sorry if in some peeps minds I hijacked the thread but, paws, I think we both are feeling the symptoms of lack of RL fellowship. Loneliness during the week! Do I matter to anyone in the Body during the week? It's not quite self-pity party but that deep-down hunger to be with God's family.

BTW the early morning time after shift for me is the hardest spiritually since noone is up and Enemy is attacking the most. I wonder how God had setup the temple/city guards and Levites night schedules in those ancient days long ago? I wonder if it was like the military's schedule for watches after midnight: 2-4 hrs long.

Sorry if I spoke too much.

Edited by Ton80

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I know how that is too... Many years I worked 3-11, and that included weekends... I hated having to work on Sunday... Then I went to 7-3 but still weekends... Then a miracle happened, we had a girl come looking for weekend work only... She wanted the A.M. shift, so... I started getting weekends off... That's really when I started to grow spiritually... Praise the LORD, I just prayed and kept working and he worked it out... We all need that spiritual strength that comes from our church families... I really pray that this will work out for both of YOU!!!!!!!! GOD bless!!!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

:cake:

Psalm 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has covered me with a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Psalm 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit.

• 2 weeks later...