IGNORED

Too close an encounter of the earthly kind.

alex73

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Just to help those who believe that to state that someone or some group is in the wrong place (outside of Gods grace or interest) is judgemental to say the least. :shock:

In my ignorance & in my minimal level of ''this walk'',I was born again :groovy: into a cult. This body of people followed the teaching of a man. :( ( Think on these things!!)

(There is usually a man/woman in leadership)he quite correctly ''believed'' that he had been shown that he needed to follow the passage '' (KJ) ''Come ye out & be separated.'' People followed the man who had the message. (Not unknown ''even ''in the bible.) The other leaders unfortunately raised that leader above the position God gave him. But I never heard in that group that Jesus love ME!!! & that He died that this love might be exchanged between us.

N.B. This was in the time that the world that I knew was saying ''stop the world I want to get off..(early '70's!!)

Who else like me, now follows someone or group of the leadership of a body or church. Who they through known history; or their faith/ trust in them, are listerning to & being led by Jesus who lives & breaths through His body ministry. :th_praying:

Each of us is respons-able for our own walk & others. Leaders carry the greater responsibility before God.

His body, his spirit is at work world wide & we don't always know where the ''wind''blows or on whom. :nod:

I quite happy to answer your questions.

UK- Charismatic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Just to help those who believe that to state that someone or some group is in the wrong place (outside of Gods grace or interest) is judgemental to say the least. :shock:

In my ignorance & in my minimal level of ''this walk'',I was born again :groovy: into a cult. This body of people followed the teaching of a man. :( ( Think on these things!!)

(There is usually a man/woman in leadership)he quite correctly ''believed'' that he had been shown that he needed to follow the passage '' (KJ) ''Come ye out & be separated.'' People followed the man who had the message. (Not unknown ''even ''in the bible.) The other leaders unfortunately raised that leader above the position God gave him. But I never heard in that group that Jesus love ME!!! & that He died that this love might be exchanged between us.

N.B. This was in the time that the world that I knew was saying ''stop the world I want to get off..(early '70's!!)

Who else like me, now follows someone or group of the leadership of a body or church. Who they through known history; or their faith/ trust in them, are listerning to & being led by Jesus who lives & breaths through His body ministry. :thumbsup:

Each of us is respons-able for our own walk & others. Leaders carry the greater responsibility before God.

His body, his spirit is at work world wide & we don't always know where the ''wind''blows or on whom. :nod:

UK- Charismatic.

Your comments are very general but I seem to hear you saying that it's wrong to follow a 'leader' who preaches the world rather than the Messiah. If so then I agree. I only follow the Lord and regard clergy or other leaders as talking heads. Some speak the Truth; some don't.

I only follow the Lord and regard clergy or other leaders as talking heads. Some speak the Truth; some don't.

And for those without roots, it's hard to tell the difference.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

Who else like me, now follows someone or group of the leadership of a body or church. Who they through known history; or their faith/ trust in them, are listerning to & being led by Jesus who lives & breaths through His body ministry. :)

UK- Charismatic.

hello alex,

i was born again in a baptist church, but they never encouraged a prayer life or even the reading of the Bible. i was 12, i wonder if my age had to do with that? :wub:

when i was 16, i got involved with an "on fire for Jesus" church called the Potter House Christian Center (Christian Fellowship Ministries ~ not affiliated with T.D. Jakes). this church, though it got me excited about prayer and reading the Word, turned out to be a cult. however, if your understanding of the Word differed from their teaching, you were "wrong, and dead wrong!" even if the scripture "seemed" pretty plain. :b:

they lifted up pastors and evangelists above the average "joe", and every one not in their church were "filthy, disgusting, rotten, low-down sinners, who are on a greased pole to hell, but Jesus loves them", or, if they were of another fellowship, they were from "the first church of the frigid-air" who's "congregation are sure to be resurrected first in the rapture, since the dead in Christ rise first". You were saved by grace, not of works... errrr... unless of course you sinned, then you have to work your way back into God's grace, and the Church's grace, or be made to feel less than human by the pastor and the elders of the congregation. i seem to remember being sick once, missing church, no one called to see how i was, they all assumed i was backslidden. when i returned, i was asked how i was doing, i said, still feeling a little weak, "oh, i'm hanging in there." their response... "hopefully not Judas." :blink:

sounds to me like you have gone to a similar organization. they have several church "plants" in the UK. here's a link...

http://www.rickross.com/groups/door.html

the one(s) about the church in Anchorage Alaska is the one i attended. specifically http://www.rickross.com/reference/door/door35.html and http://www.rickross.com/reference/door/door34.html

just a shared response ;)

John

Edited by Yochanan5730

:emot-pray:

Got Book?

Sign Posts

The Road Map

All scripture is given by inspiration of God,

and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And The Guide

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;

but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Will Lead A Trusting Fellow True

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

:emot-heartbeat:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:

for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32