IGNORED

Is a Christian responsible for understanding politics?

Guest Reggie C.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I do not understand, like or have time for politics. I am guilty of having friends tell me exactly how to vote. My question is this: As a believer in Jesus Christ do I need to make myself get involved with politics. I always have a view on who to vote for President but that is the only election I ever bother with.

No...We tend to forget voting is a RIGHT. It is not mandated. If you choose to vote in all elections, one or none it is your right. You dont have to be involved in the political world.

Not as an American. As a Christian however, we will be held responsible for not speaking out against evil. Societally, that means politics. Not every Believer is called to the political arena, but we are all called as Believers to take a stand.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I do not understand, like or have time for politics. I am guilty of having friends tell me exactly how to vote. My question is this: As a believer in Jesus Christ do I need to make myself get involved with politics. I always have a view on who to vote for President but that is the only election I ever bother with.

My people perish for a lack of knowledge.

That applies to so many different areas of our lives. Especially if it concerns our freedom in this country. Our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. City, State, and Federal.

If you vote for someone and you don't know their track record, how can you make a responsible decision? With all the information out there now, the Internet, etc, it's really easy to check up on all the politicians. You can find out how many times they were present to vote or were absent. You can find out how they voted and what they did with tax payer money.

I, myself, cannot vote for anyone who supports abortion as part of their campaign. I don't want my taxes to be used to kill babies. I also don't want my taxes to be used on illegal immigrants, for welfare and so forth. And since I feel strongly about those two subjects, just to name a few, I cannot and will not vote for someone who does support them. But that's just me.

I've never declared myself as a Republican or Democrat. I like to vote for whomever has the better track record. Not the lesser of two evils.

Willow325