IGNORED

Inapproprate Language

Guest Rootabagga

Guest Rootabagga

I have just recently joined these boards a little over a week ago. I have ben overall pleased with the forums and until today enjoyed the chatrooms. While in the Upper room this afternoon another chatter used a questionable word and I asked them to please watch their language. I was met with what I concidered "bad language", by more then one person in the room. Things were talked out and we went on with chatting. Then just now, again in the Upper room, another questionable word and when I again asked this chatter to watch their language, again I was met with what I concidered "bad language" by more then one individual. I have to say that it wasn't until after I was given some "flack" did others step up and agree with me. All I want to know is, why do we as christians feel we must tolerate questionable language in our presents? There are places in which we have no control over others but this is a christian chat/forum. We need to hold up the standards of such and not tolerate this. If I am overstepping the line with this post, then I will apologise for stepping on toes. I pray no one takes this post as anything but a question. Kate

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

I've been in there also, with the bad language. I just don't go to chat anymore!

Yukon :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

I too have been unhappy about somethings in the chat room. What I see is a young lady who comes in on Saturdays, and talks as close as she can to being vulgar, gets kicked out, then comes back with a different user name. Don't know what to do about it, except hope a moderator is nearby to stop them.

I realize these kids need prayer, but I still get aggravated at them. :suspect:

Guest Gladiator4God

the chat isnt perfect but is way better than alot of other chats i admit it has its moments but yeeeesh compared to yahoo we got it pretty easy, most of the admins are very caring fair and considerate people and we are blessed to have them

i wouldnt complain like i said we have it easy in good ol worthy chat :wub:

we should thank George and the admins for having the best chat possible

Guest LCPGUY

In my humble opinion, words are words, big deal. Bah Humbug!!! As long as you don

Edited by LCPGUY

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

1 Corinthians 6:19

What ? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

That includes our mouth.

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth , and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Mark 7: 15

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Mark 7:20

And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

In my humble opinion, words are words, big deal. Bah Humbug!!!  As long as you don
Edited by IslandRose

I've really not heard foul language in the chat room, just sexual induendos from young teenage girls. I would be upset about foul language as well. Just how I was raised.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/05/1955

My very first experience in the chat room, in fact at this site, was a few weeks ago and went like this: :suspect:

Some person was waiting in there for someone to come in. As soon as I got there he started cussing and cursing at me, and wanted to know if I was one of those Christians.

I answered him with good things to say only, and he left knowing at least one Christian was not going to take his bait, but to continue speaking to him as if Christ were in the same chat room...because He is. :wub:

I hope that they continue to keep the chat room open to all, and after a few attempts at reaching people like these that they are just temporally booted from the chat site.

2bba, thank you for being an example of godly wisdom to us! :hug: