• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Hey all,

First off, I'm sorry that I only come here when I have problems, I feel kind of bad about it, but well, you guys are very helpful. :thumbsup:

I've been under a lot of stress lately, and well, it's hurting pretty bad. I have times where I can sit here and I can actually feel pressure in my head, like I'm going to explode. I know it's not healthy, and I am currently sick, and I'm pretty much sure it's the stress.

Basically, a very close friend of mine has been going through a lot of trouble. Like he cries all the time, he's depressed, he talks about suicide frequently. I have no idea what to do. He is seeing a professional and such, but that only helps so much. And it's not just him, there are other depressed people I know too. I'm starting to feel like everytime I get to know someone enough, I learn that they want to kill themselves. Worrying that my friends might be dead in the morning is driving me crazy.

My second problem is that it's Christmas break. I've been sitting here on my computer for 10 hours a day. I can't really think of anything else to do, as the weather outside is beastly. The problem is, it's giving me all this time to sit here and think and worry. And as a product of that, I think I'm developing paranoia. Or general anxiety disorder or whatever the psych term would be. I worry constantly, about stupid things like someone breaking into my house or a fire or the furnace exploding or CO poisoning, etc, etc. Worse than that, I've become distrusting. I've thought over in my head how I'd react if a friend pulled a gun on me. Made plans for all kinds of dumb situations. As a result, I trust very few people.

In short, I'm a wreck and it's hurting.

I realize the advice on such matters is pretty limited but any help and definately prayers (for my friend and I) would be great.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

blessings KeilanS :thumbsup: ,

know that i will be praying for you and your friends. the very best thing you can do right now is make good use of your time. read God's Word. learn a new praise song or hymn daily. write an encouraging note to people who are ill or shut in daily. pray for the Lord to move in your friends lives and then pray that you can leave that with Him. pray for people and situations that the Lord places upon your heart.i am sure there are so many other practical things that you can do that i can not think of but remember this once you take your eyes off your circumstances and place them on the Lord things will get better. :)

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

I agree with RebekaDavid. Pray and entrust the friend to the Lord. You can only do so much. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

He will take care of you. Don't let the enemy play with your thoughts and heart. Rebuke him in the name of Christ. God loves you and will take care of you. Dark thoughts put a barrier between you and the Lord and that is just what the enemy desires. That way he can wreak havoc upon our minds and heart. Resist him and he will flee from you. Play worship songs that encourage and read your bible. Inspirational movies help too. They can pick you up. Hang out with strong Christian friends also. Will keep you in my prayers KeilanS. :emot-hug:

In His Loving Hands,

Sister in Christ,

LIVN4JC

1) It Is War And Sometimes You Are The Battlefield

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:12

2) You Don't Need To Have The Answers

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5

3) Your Daddy Loves You

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:15

4) Grace In Love Still Counts

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

5) You Grow Step By Step

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

6) Trust Is A Gift, Open It Often

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalms 139:23-24

7) Mr. Ambassador, No Matter What The World Thinks You Already Have A Job

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20

8) Jesus Is The Only Answer

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33

Praying!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

:emot-hug:For peace, wisdom and clarity in your mind and walk.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Hello Kielan,

First of all, you MUST realize that you have NO control over what others will do. I agree that suicide, is a very serious business, but other than lead someone to a professional, and encourage and show support, there is little else you can do; and this does not make you inefficient or ineffective. So stop worrying, worry has never built a bridge or solved a problem.

STOP SITTING...walk, jog, do jumping jacks...seriously.

Ever built a model airplane, mended a shirt, darned a sock or whittled a stick figure or make a little dancing girl form a cigarette wrapper....IMHO...typing at a key board is not the remedy to idle hands.

Christmas break...are you ready to return to school...got everything in order, have all your supplies, clothes, books etc.

Worried about CO...get a detector

Worried about intruders....security system, make your own if your poor like me, do your best to outfox the fox.

Furnace exploding...have the HVAC guy do a cleaning and check it out.

Stop sitting and start doing

G-d's speed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

My dad is a world-class worrier. I know exactly what you mean about the incredible things the brain can dream up to worry over.

This is the passage I give my dad - also live by it myself:

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Casting down imaginations
, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and
bringing into captivity every thought
to the obedience of Christ;

HTH

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Keilan,

Thank you for the privilege of praying for you as well as encouraging you.

I feel your friends' situations as well as yours are very serious. It's true that the devil has come to kill, steal and destroy us any way he can.

I don't know if you or your friends are born again, but that needs to happen so that you and they can use your spiritual swords to defeat the enemy. He needs to be quickly defeated!! Get born again and baptised in the spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues which is the beginning of crucifying the flesh. The flesh is our enemy because it wants its own way and is totally selfish. The devil will use our selfish fleshly nature against us to defeat us.

Suicide is a demonic spirit that we open the door too. It comes in through our minds. Anything that speaks to our minds contrary to what our heavenly Father says is demonic. We're to keep those ungodly thoughts out so that we can have peace, joy, faith, etc. operating in our lives. The lack of hope will lead us down towards the pit of suicide.

Being a born again believer, doesn't make out immune to the devil's wiles. Our flesh still wants its own way. Ungodly thoughts (spirits) can still plague our minds and try to gain control of our lives. We HAVE to keep them out!

I hope this helps. It has help get me through tough times. My prayers are with you and your friends, and I'll be looking for a post of victory soon.

Hugs,

riel (reborn into eternal life)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Peace bro :laugh:

I've had the same thoughts at times - anxiety, panic, paranoia, etc. A good thing to try to do is simply not to give them power - when you find yourself starting to think about them, refocus onto something else. Like the Bible says, you could focus on Jesus:

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

You can always choose what you think about - even if you start worrying, just tell yourself, "I'm not going to worry anymore, I'm going to think about ______." Eventually you may start worrying again; when that happens, just tell yourself the same thing.

Second: keep active! :whistling: If you are busy doing different tasks, and you put your focus onto them (even things like laundry or cleaning), you won't have as much room in your head to think about other things :laugh: