• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Hi stacey c,

Your question made me think of Jesus dining and hanging out with sinners...if He was 100% Man, and we know He faced the temptations etc that we face as human beings, I thought how did He manage to hang out with sinful folk and NOT sin. Was is simply because He WAS God in flesh OR because He had an intimate relationship made strong through prayer, knowing Scripture etc.

We on the other hand need to AVOID certain situations because we are not STRONG enough to handle them BUT Jesus did face situations and DID handle them...I wonder what the difference was............hmmm

Jesus was 100% man, but He had full assurance of Who He was. His purpose was to come for us sinners and He did exactly what He was supposed to do.

Jesus is our example, how can we be a light if were not shining in the darkness?

I agree we shouldn't be in situations that would be too hard for us to handle. But everyone of us in whatever stage of our walk, there is someone somewhere God want's us to reach.

I believe eventually we will come to that FULL assurance of who we are in Christ, that He will lead us into situations that in times past we didn't think we could handle it.

It's not by my strenght or might but by His Spirit.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

'stacey c'

Jesus was 100% man, but He had full assurance of Who He was.
I believe eventually we will come to that FULL assurance of who we are in Christ, that He will lead us into situations that in times past we didn't think we could handle it.

It's not by my strenght or might but by His Spirit.

You are absolutely right about the assurance of Jesus knowing Who He was and where He was heading and the willingness He had to go through with it. It is all entwined. Jesus still had His "quiet" times with God and it shows in the NT that He would pray before major situations happened..to draw that Strength from God.

I was amazed as a new Christian at how much CONFIDENCE that is available to us - through the Word - there is so much assurance and with that comes the ability to walk head held high in confidence and His Peace which surpasses all understanding - it really is a Supernatural thing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello my brothers and sisters. My name is Matt and it's been a while since I've visited WB. I kinda glanced in here of a news article FresnoJoe gave me, and somehow I happened across this thread. How refreshing it is to see (and kinda hear) intelligent Christians fellowshipping and learning in the Lord as they seek God in every aspect of their lives. It's an honor beyond words to be a member of the family of Christ. I enjoy it so very much... :)

The topic of what it is to be a disciple of Christ is a wonderful subject and there have been some beautiful comments on it in this thread. I can very well tell you are true children seeking to please and better know our Father. It's a wonderful life. Isn't it? Amen. I can honestly say right here, right now, I love you all more than you maybe know. The only way you can understand how much I love ya is to love me back the same way, which some of you just might do because of the Holy Spirit living inside of you! Amen! :emot-hug:

To me, being a student of Christ's came as natural as falling off a log. When I was born again, I simply "wanted" to know my Lord and Savior better. So? I began to study His Word (the Bible) about 16 years ago now... Boy oh boy! What a book! Does anyone know of ANY other book that could hold one's interest for so long and still be more exciting after 16 years than it was in the beginning? It's incredible at the eternal (never ending) knowledge and wisdom to be had in God's Word. I truly believe there is no end to God's knowledge... Thus? We could easily spend our eternity learning, loving, adoring and praising God with ever-increasing passion. I am absolutely convinced of it.

In the beginning, I scarfed up every resource my family members and friends had... Stacks and stacks of video's taped from sermons they'd seen on television. In my area back then, TV was hard to come by. The only reason we have it now is because of the satellite technology that has come to pass since then (been there-done it-disconnected it-isn't worth watching and I ain't paying MTV to be on the airwaves anymore).

Anyways... I dug, studied, learned...dug, studied, learned...dug, studied, learned... I was having a WONDERFUL time! But as I did all this, I was taught that there was much more personal responsibility to "keeping" my salvation than I had realized at the moment I actually sat on the couch with my wife and ask Jesus to save me, among other things I had going on in my heart with Him. As time went on, I learned of more and more and more and more things that "I" was "expected" to do to be a "proper" Christian that God would be proud of... I mean literally, the longer I studied, the longer the list got. After a while, I kind of realized I was never going to be anything but a disappointment to God, and especially the One that had given me "my" second chance, Jesus. The knowledge of that greatly saddened me. I mean I was making steps forward in my growth as best I could tell, all the time, but when I stopped to tally things up, I always came up so very short of what God expected of me. This went on for 12 years of my life and walk with God. I had literally developed the attitude, and told God many times that;

"God? If I make it to Heaven, that will be just wonderful. But if I don't? I'm still going to make all the difference I can for You, Jesus, while I'm still here, whatever that will be."

Then one day, thank God Almighty, he birthed within me a quest that led me to such a powerful Truth that it has literally changed me forever. There will be no end even in eternity to the impact this Truth had and has on me. It was the one thing God had been trying to tell me all along, but it was never "taught" to me through men, so it's a wonder I ever realized it at all. I should have died this physical life with the error I had come to understand. But thank God, He brought me out of Egypt, and this whole journey began on a mound of gravel in Oakvale, West Virginia as my knees buckled under the power of it all, as I was at work.

I know you all may be thinking I've just mindlessly taken a huge rabbit trail off of the subject at hand, but I do have a reason in telling you all this. I saw that within the thread the subject has come up exploring the "how to's" in letting the Light within us shine on others in this hurting and dying world, which is also a beautiful topic to ponder, I might add. I think the quest I began described in the previous paragraph, coupled with the backdrop of everything before that provides a contrast for what I am about to say.

I just recently finished my first book. It's a relatively short book of 13 chapters focusing on exactly what our identity in Christ is, according to GOD alone. It is a biblical account of who we are "in Christ". Folks? The epiphany I had in Oakvale that day? It's going to sound very simple, and you'll miss the entire meaning of what I'm talking about here if you don't stop everything for a second and listen very closely to what The Spirit may have you know. And please... I do hope I don't sound arrogant in suggesting such a thing... It's just that this is so very important to every one of us as born again Christians... My epiphany that day in Oakvale was about nothing else except the "love" of God... It is nothing but the love of God for us all that motivated Christ to do what He did for us... And folks? What He did for us may well go beyond the understanding of most if you are one of the one's leaning on the TV to give you your full understanding of your salvation. It could well be you haven't known the "JOY" of your salvation in years. If this is the case for any of you, please take advantage of the road God has had me travel. Please?

When Christ gave His two commandments to us, they were both commandments of love. Most people do not understand what He meant when He said all of the law was "fulfilled" (made complete) in the love of God (not to be confused with the love of man). My family? By living a life wherein you love others as you do yourself... by living a life with the knowledge of exactly how God loves you... by living a life where you love God back in the same way... in living that life? You will accomplish everything in your life the Law could ever tell you to do, and you know what? Probably a whole lot more! And the beauty of it all? All you have to do is "live your life" that Christ gave you! All you have to do is LIVE!

It's so simple, it's incredible, and it ALL points to Christ... None of it points to us, or anyone else... It's all about Christ Jesus and the change He brings about WITHIN us all...

How does one better let their "Light of Christ" within them better shine for others to see? You simply need to live your life as the person you are, which has been influenced by the wonderful love of God. Before we were saved, we didn't have to concentrate on any "do's or don'ts". Oh sure, we inserted a scruple here and there as we may have deemed necessary, but for the most part? We were simply who we were. Everyone else could either take it or leave it. Some people liked us? Others did not. Some people we liked? Some we did not. We simply lived life as who we were. No rocket science.

My precious brothers and sisters? It's the same way after we are born again. After we are born again, we begin a never-ending process of learning and growing in the love of God which can also be called "walking in the Spirit". Every time we learn something else about God's love and the Holy Spirit places it in our heart, we are again changed forever. This in turn, simply changes "us" in all that we are. Our lives reflect it, therefore others see it. It isn't in any particular place (such as a church house) or at any particular time (such as on Sunday)... It is an every second, life long thing, whether we are at the grocery store, at work, or on vacation. We will be who we are every minute of every day. And every time we "grow" in knowledge and God given wisdom? Our lives will simply reflect it. THIS is the Light Jesus wants to shine throughout the world.

It's ok to be "on assignment" in the tasks you do sometimes I suppose... But Jesus is looking for that Light that shines within us all as we simply live our lives in the unshakable "JOY" of our salvation. We won't always be happy about our current circumstances. This world and the evil one will see to that. BUT, we will always be victorious in Christ, because of Christ, even when we don't realize it because we haven't learned it yet...

But if the foundation in the knowledge and wisdom of EXACTLY who we are in Christ and the totality in the specifics are rooted within us? Then the "JOY" (not happiness) of our salvation can never be shaken. Such things as depression will never lay hold of you again because you now know the powerful, unchangeable, eternal Truth of your future and SOOOO much more. And your Light? HAHAHAHA! You couldn't hide it if you tried... It will shine all over EVERYONE, even when you wish it wouldn't so'd you can get some rest, LOLOL!

There's so much to be said about all of that, I could possibly do it here... But if anyone find themselves interested in what has just been revealed? Let me know. I'd be delighted to speak with you all more about it... Amen.

God bless you all in your journeys.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

What a beautiful, powerful post!!!!

Thanks for sharing Motivated. :thumbsup: I needed to hear this.

God bless you greatly

stacey c :emot-hug:

What a beautiful, powerful post!!!!

Thanks for sharing Motivated. :thumbsup: I needed to hear this.

God bless you greatly

stacey c :emot-hug:

You're very welcome Stacy... :6:

Guest HIS girl

There are good points in your post MBG - yes we need to RELAX in His Love - allowing the work of the Holy Spirit to make adjustments - these adjustments becoming real through our studying and application of His Word. Living and breathing His love - which shines forth as brotherly love - there is no denying the more we learn and live out His Word, the more empathy and compassion we have for those around us. Love for one another. It's a win win situation!

There are good points in your post MBG - yes we need to RELAX in His Love - allowing the work of the Holy Spirit to make adjustments - these adjustments becoming real through our studying and application of His Word. Living and breathing His love - which shines forth as brotherly love - there is no denying the more we learn and live out His Word, the more empathy and compassion we have for those around us. Love for one another. It's a win win situation!
Amen HG... Amen.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalms 46:10

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:3-4

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalms 46:10

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:3-4

Amen Joe... Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Hello my brothers and sisters. My name is Matt and it's been a while since I've visited WB. I kinda glanced in here of a news article FresnoJoe gave me, and somehow I happened across this thread. How refreshing it is to see (and kinda hear) intelligent Christians fellowshipping and learning in the Lord as they seek God in every aspect of their lives. It's an honor beyond words to be a member of the family of Christ. I enjoy it so very much... :rolleyes:

The topic of what it is to be a disciple of Christ is a wonderful subject and there have been some beautiful comments on it in this thread. I can very well tell you are true children seeking to please and better know our Father. It's a wonderful life. Isn't it? Amen. I can honestly say right here, right now, I love you all more than you maybe know. The only way you can understand how much I love ya is to love me back the same way, which some of you just might do because of the Holy Spirit living inside of you! Amen! :emot-hug:

To me, being a student of Christ's came as natural as falling off a log. When I was born again, I simply "wanted" to know my Lord and Savior better. So? I began to study His Word (the Bible) about 16 years ago now... Boy oh boy! What a book! Does anyone know of ANY other book that could hold one's interest for so long and still be more exciting after 16 years than it was in the beginning? It's incredible at the eternal (never ending) knowledge and wisdom to be had in God's Word. I truly believe there is no end to God's knowledge... Thus? We could easily spend our eternity learning, loving, adoring and praising God with ever-increasing passion. I am absolutely convinced of it.

In the beginning, I scarfed up every resource my family members and friends had... Stacks and stacks of video's taped from sermons they'd seen on television. In my area back then, TV was hard to come by. The only reason we have it now is because of the satellite technology that has come to pass since then (been there-done it-disconnected it-isn't worth watching and I ain't paying MTV to be on the airwaves anymore).

Anyways... I dug, studied, learned...dug, studied, learned...dug, studied, learned... I was having a WONDERFUL time! But as I did all this, I was taught that there was much more personal responsibility to "keeping" my salvation than I had realized at the moment I actually sat on the couch with my wife and ask Jesus to save me, among other things I had going on in my heart with Him. As time went on, I learned of more and more and more and more things that "I" was "expected" to do to be a "proper" Christian that God would be proud of... I mean literally, the longer I studied, the longer the list got. After a while, I kind of realized I was never going to be anything but a disappointment to God, and especially the One that had given me "my" second chance, Jesus. The knowledge of that greatly saddened me. I mean I was making steps forward in my growth as best I could tell, all the time, but when I stopped to tally things up, I always came up so very short of what God expected of me. This went on for 12 years of my life and walk with God. I had literally developed the attitude, and told God many times that;

"God? If I make it to Heaven, that will be just wonderful. But if I don't? I'm still going to make all the difference I can for You, Jesus, while I'm still here, whatever that will be."

Then one day, thank God Almighty, he birthed within me a quest that led me to such a powerful Truth that it has literally changed me forever. There will be no end even in eternity to the impact this Truth had and has on me. It was the one thing God had been trying to tell me all along, but it was never "taught" to me through men, so it's a wonder I ever realized it at all. I should have died this physical life with the error I had come to understand. But thank God, He brought me out of Egypt, and this whole journey began on a mound of gravel in Oakvale, West Virginia as my knees buckled under the power of it all, as I was at work.

I know you all may be thinking I've just mindlessly taken a huge rabbit trail off of the subject at hand, but I do have a reason in telling you all this. I saw that within the thread the subject has come up exploring the "how to's" in letting the Light within us shine on others in this hurting and dying world, which is also a beautiful topic to ponder, I might add. I think the quest I began described in the previous paragraph, coupled with the backdrop of everything before that provides a contrast for what I am about to say.

I just recently finished my first book. It's a relatively short book of 13 chapters focusing on exactly what our identity in Christ is, according to GOD alone. It is a biblical account of who we are "in Christ". Folks? The epiphany I had in Oakvale that day? It's going to sound very simple, and you'll miss the entire meaning of what I'm talking about here if you don't stop everything for a second and listen very closely to what The Spirit may have you know. And please... I do hope I don't sound arrogant in suggesting such a thing... It's just that this is so very important to every one of us as born again Christians... My epiphany that day in Oakvale was about nothing else except the "love" of God... It is nothing but the love of God for us all that motivated Christ to do what He did for us... And folks? What He did for us may well go beyond the understanding of most if you are one of the one's leaning on the TV to give you your full understanding of your salvation. It could well be you haven't known the "JOY" of your salvation in years. If this is the case for any of you, please take advantage of the road God has had me travel. Please?

When Christ gave His two commandments to us, they were both commandments of love. Most people do not understand what He meant when He said all of the law was "fulfilled" (made complete) in the love of God (not to be confused with the love of man). My family? By living a life wherein you love others as you do yourself... by living a life with the knowledge of exactly how God loves you... by living a life where you love God back in the same way... in living that life? You will accomplish everything in your life the Law could ever tell you to do, and you know what? Probably a whole lot more! And the beauty of it all? All you have to do is "live your life" that Christ gave you! All you have to do is LIVE!

It's so simple, it's incredible, and it ALL points to Christ... None of it points to us, or anyone else... It's all about Christ Jesus and the change He brings about WITHIN us all...

How does one better let their "Light of Christ" within them better shine for others to see? You simply need to live your life as the person you are, which has been influenced by the wonderful love of God. Before we were saved, we didn't have to concentrate on any "do's or don'ts". Oh sure, we inserted a scruple here and there as we may have deemed necessary, but for the most part? We were simply who we were. Everyone else could either take it or leave it. Some people liked us? Others did not. Some people we liked? Some we did not. We simply lived life as who we were. No rocket science.

My precious brothers and sisters? It's the same way after we are born again. After we are born again, we begin a never-ending process of learning and growing in the love of God which can also be called "walking in the Spirit". Every time we learn something else about God's love and the Holy Spirit places it in our heart, we are again changed forever. This in turn, simply changes "us" in all that we are. Our lives reflect it, therefore others see it. It isn't in any particular place (such as a church house) or at any particular time (such as on Sunday)... It is an every second, life long thing, whether we are at the grocery store, at work, or on vacation. We will be who we are every minute of every day. And every time we "grow" in knowledge and God given wisdom? Our lives will simply reflect it. THIS is the Light Jesus wants to shine throughout the world.

It's ok to be "on assignment" in the tasks you do sometimes I suppose... But Jesus is looking for that Light that shines within us all as we simply live our lives in the unshakable "JOY" of our salvation. We won't always be happy about our current circumstances. This world and the evil one will see to that. BUT, we will always be victorious in Christ, because of Christ, even when we don't realize it because we haven't learned it yet...

But if the foundation in the knowledge and wisdom of EXACTLY who we are in Christ and the totality in the specifics are rooted within us? Then the "JOY" (not happiness) of our salvation can never be shaken. Such things as depression will never lay hold of you again because you now know the powerful, unchangeable, eternal Truth of your future and SOOOO much more. And your Light? HAHAHAHA! You couldn't hide it if you tried... It will shine all over EVERYONE, even when you wish it wouldn't so'd you can get some rest, LOLOL!

There's so much to be said about all of that, I could possibly do it here... But if anyone find themselves interested in what has just been revealed? Let me know. I'd be delighted to speak with you all more about it... Amen.

God bless you all in your journeys.

beautiful post brother thanks for sharing.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David