Is Kissing Before Marriage Wrong?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

A friend of mine sent me this quesion to ask here. She said she was in a discussion with other Christian singles recently and the subject of kissing came up. One person stated he felt kissing before marriage was as wrong as premarital sex. What do you think about it? I agree with my friend that Kissing is just a way for a dating man and woman to show affection to each other. Now we agree that you have to be careful not to put yourself into a situation where kissing leads to other things. But I'm not talking about going that far. I'm interested in your thoughts. We also agree that kissing on a first date with a stranger is not a good idea, but it it's someone that you've known a long time there isn't anything wrong with it...Thanks.

Edited by browneyedgirl2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I think if two people are rooted in their walk with Christ, nothing wrong with it to an extent. If either feels the need for more contact than that, they need to exercise self control and realize that in their case it won't be because of lust, imo. :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Kissing is OK. Making out is another. A kiss brings affection, making out brings lust. Lust is a sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

ah yes ,,, the date,,, the food ,,,the lovley lady ,,, and yes the kiss ,,, i took my wife out to look at the stars (before we were married )and we would point out stuff and play the shooting star game (askin each other what we wished for) hoping it was (i wish we could get married ) :taped: man you take me back 14 years browney :thumbsup: and kissing :39: hehehe ,,, i guess its how ya see it ,,, a simple kiss of love ,,,acceptence ,,, a glad your with me kiss i dont see as a problem ,,, but :noidea: a full contact body grab with all the rubbing ect... (you know what i mean ) ummm i would have to say (only by my experience ) that i never really kissed a woman like that if i wasnt trying to see just how far i could go... maybe its just me :o (some how i doubt it) ,,, ppl know if they should stop :laugh: ,,, love in christ arrow

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I saw a Christian movie once about two engaged people who made the choices to wait until after they were married for their first kiss. It started me wondering about whether premarital kissing was right or wrong. A kiss on the lips though may lead to more than just a kiss. Probably the best thing to do would be not to do anything that could start a "fire." However, one can always make it a matter of prayer if in doubt.

riel (reborn into eternal life)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you all for your responses. I agree that kissing can lead to other things and quickly if it is allowed to. I think it is a sweet way for a couple to show affection to each other, but I think it has to be with caution... I realize that passion can flair quickly when you really love someone... GOD bless you each one... riel, I love your username. Great choice.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

The best rule would be don't date anyone you wouldn't marry. To know if you would marry them become friends first. Dating has become way too casual.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

The best rule would be don't date anyone you wouldn't marry. To know if you would marry them become friends first. Dating has become way too casual.

Maybe I'm just inexperienced here but isn't the reason why you date someone to know if you would like them as a spouse? If you see the person only as a friend no kissing whatsoever then how is it you can find out? The only reason why I would kiss would be to confirm my love for that person physically. I owuld want that person to know that I passionately love and want them so that they dont go flocking off to another person.. ButI would never let myself go beyond kissing into other things married couples do. I dont think it possible to know someone as a potential mate by making them yoru friend first? I dont know, what do you think? Just curious..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Maybe I'm just inexperienced here but isn't the reason why you date someone to know if you would like them as a spouse? If you see the person only as a friend no kissing whatsoever then how is it you can find out? The only reason why I would kiss would be to confirm my love for that person physically. I owuld want that person to know that I passionately love and want them so that they dont go flocking off to another person.. ButI would never let myself go beyond kissing into other things married couples do. I dont think it possible to know someone as a potential mate by making them yoru friend first? I dont know, what do you think? Just curious..

You should be friends before you begin dating. That friendship initially is very very important if you plan to build a solid relationship. Dating is to determine their suitability for marriage. Friendship is a must first to do it right. As I said before people have become too casual about all of this. Myself heavily included.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Gotcha! Now it makes sense! Yes I totally agree!! Friend first then on to dating :hmmm: