IGNORED

Internet Church Services

2bba

Guest Calamity
The church that we left would not allow a church web page. So they sure were not going to allow online church of any kind. They didn't want people really going on the Internet at all for any reason.

After we had been going there awhile they encouraged me to even leave a bible study at work. I look back on that bible study during lunch as one of the best times I ever had to fellowship with other believers. We would study, talk, and then sing a bunch of songs. It was really refreshing. In fact hearing them sing while walking by the door over a year period got me thinking about Christ again. I actual started going to the bible study before going to church. So Christians were having an effect on others at work.

I guess that is one thing about church, you need a place where the lost can go, they might not know anything about the Internet.

2bba, sounds like you were in pretty controlling place there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Are you out there, Botz? Any thoughts on my previous message? :rofl:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/05/1955

2bba, sounds like you were in pretty controlling place there.

Yes. They welcomed us in and as time went on it became more and more about what not to do, how to act, and we became very yoked and burdened. We both became involved in the ministry and studied the bible enough to know that while we learned much about the bible there, we learned enough to know it was time to leave.

Guest Calamity

2bba:

Yes. They welcomed us in and as time went on it became more and more about what not to do, how to act, and we became very yoked and burdened.

Ditto where we were. :down: It's very sad that there are still people in places like that, burdened and in bondage, and not knowing it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I read this with sadness because I can identify too well. I do go to church on Sunday mornings but I get more fellowship at various places on line and most of the best teaching is from newletters I get from various wonderful Christian organizations. I want to have a local body of believers to feel connected to but it is a struggle at times.

2bba:

Yes. They welcomed us in and as time went on it became more and more about what not to do, how to act, and we became very yoked and burdened.

Ditto where we were. :down: It's very sad that there are still people in places like that, burdened and in bondage, and not knowing it.

I agree it is sad...and they are told that we are the ones who have fallen away.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

QUOTE (Botz @ Jun 19 2004, 12:31 PM)

Animation3.gif...Errrr Steve...

We do instruct all Believers in the way of the L-rd and New Christians are well looked after and followed up immediately...

Quote Steve

That's great. But if the "truancy" problem is such that the pastor found it necessary to work into his sermon, then maybe there's something lacking in their convictions and commitment. Maybe the instruction they received wasn't enough.

Are you out there, Botz? Any thoughts on my previous message?

Yes Steve here am I. :t2:

There is no truancy problem as such...it is just that this scenario had come to the Pastors attention and he wanted to nip it in the bud before it gained a following amongst any of us.....but I think it is beginning to emerge as a problem in various Churches and it is easy for those who sometimes struggle with different things when meeting people...or who don't endorse every word from the pulpit...to stay at home and seek alternative and easier means of connecting with the L-rd on Saturday or Sunday. It has its place..but it should not re-place. IMHO.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

You close the window on your computer, get out your check book and write out an amount to your church to be sent the next day.

This is where I see a problem with Internet Church. Paying 10% of your working money to an individual or a few individuals that run a lil web site that can be run for virtually nothing. I can see many many money scams coming from this idea.

I have no problem with having a Christian web site where Christians can meet and fellowship but when they start charging a fee just to have a chat and read or listien to a audio sermon is robbery.

Its using the gospel as a means of material gain which is robbing God.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

You close the window on your computer, get out your check book and write out an amount to your church to be sent the next day.

This is where I see a problem with Internet Church. Paying 10% of your working money to an individual or a few individuals that run a lil web site that can be run for virtually nothing. I can see many many money scams coming from this idea.

I have no problem with having a Christian web site where Christians can meet and fellowship but when they start charging a fee just to have a chat and read or listien to a audio sermon is robbery.

Its using the gospel as a means of material gain which is robbing God.

I was referring to an actual church that you would belong to not an Internet entity.

But now that you mention it, that could be a real problem if it was Internet only.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Paying 10% of your working money to an individual or a few individuals that run a lil web site that can be run for virtually nothing. I can see many many money scams coming from this idea.

OK, maybe I'm just a little naive here. I've heard of people making donations to various TV and online ministries. But do people actually tithe to them? :laugh: