WN: Poll: 31% of Europeans blame Jews for global financial crisis -

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,458
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

A recent survey conducted by the Anti-Defamation League found that anti-Semitic attitudes in seven European countries have worsened due to the global financial crisis and Israel's military actions against the Palestinians.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/haaretz-com-...s-1063092-html/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Good grief. Some people have as much animus for Jews and Israel as many here have for George W. Bush.

Guest shiloh357
Good grief. Some people have as much animus for Jews and Israel as many here have for George W. Bush.

In Europe, anti-Semitism goes back at last 1,700 years, if not more. It's not surprising that we should find it still lingering about in those countries.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's different though...Mr. Bush isn't considered less than human and very few people would actually kill him. Those that hate Jews consider them a subspecies that needs to be eliminated. It's just horrible. :)

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I disagree that the current crisis falls squarely on the shoulders of the Jews...but...

You can't exactly blame people for wondering when many of the major players in the downfall of the US economy are Jewish. For many its just too much irony to simply wave away....and I don't blame them for that. Thats not anti-semitism. Thats looking at the people involved and realizing that a good number of them are Jewish or are staunch supporters of Jews.

The poll question that surprised me was that only 44% of people thought that Jews were more loyal to their homeland...than to the country they lived in. I would have expected that to be much higher.

I disagree that the current crisis falls squarely on the shoulders of the Jews...but...

You can't exactly blame people for wondering when many of the major players in the downfall of the US economy are Jewish. For many its just too much irony to simply wave away....and I don't blame them for that. Thats not anti-semitism. Thats looking at the people involved and realizing that a good number of them are Jewish or are staunch supporters of Jews.

The poll question that surprised me was that only 44% of people thought that Jews were more loyal to their homeland...than to the country they lived in. I would have expected that to be much higher.

One reason so many in high finance are Jewish is because, for some reason known only to God, Jews tend to be successful people. They are no more likely to be crooks than anyone else though. There will always be people who hate them (until the Lord returns) and some don't even know why they do. A large number of the world's scientists are Jews too; I don't hear anyone singing their praises for that. American Jews have contributed a double share to this country, IMO. :)

Guest shiloh357
You can't exactly blame people for wondering when many of the major players in the downfall of the US economy are Jewish. For many its just too much irony to simply wave away....and I don't blame them for that. Thats not anti-semitism.

Uh, wrong. That is classic anti-Semitism. In fact, it's textbook. Using the Jews as a scapegoat for a failing economy goes back to the middleages in Europe. It is why so many Jews were expelled from countries in Europe. It took the attention away from corrupt governmental practices and blamed the one group of people, every was pone to hate anyway. These people are not wondering... they are pointing the finger drectly at who they perceive the culprits to be. It is the most common form anti-Semitism in the world and in human history.

Jews were even blamed for the black plague over over 100,000 Jews were murdered over it. It was said that the Jews created the plague. This was because hardly any Jews caught the plague. The reason that they didn't was because unlike their nonJewish counterparts, the Jews had stringent washing practices and this, kept most of them safe from the plague.

Whenever a nation goes through tough times, the Jews are the first to be blamed.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

but what??? You are willing to at least partly blame "the Jews?"

Not "the Jews"...but rather "some Jews."

Uh, wrong. That is classic anti-Semitism. In fact, it's textbook. Using the Jews as a scapegoat for a failing economy goes back to the middleages in Europe. It is why so many Jews were expelled from countries in Europe. It took the attention away from corrupt governmental practices and blamed the one group of people, every was pone to hate anyway. These people are not wondering... they are pointing the finger drectly at who they perceive the culprits to be. It is the most common form anti-Semitism in the world and in human history.

Jews were even blamed for the black plague over over 100,000 Jews were murdered over it. It was said that the Jews created the plague. This was because hardly any Jews caught the plague. The reason that they didn't was because unlike their nonJewish counterparts, the Jews had stringent washing practices and this, kept most of them safe from the plague.

Whenever a nation goes through tough times, the Jews are the first to be blamed.

Hmmm...I suspect you would have to look pretty hard to find an example of "classic" anti-semitism on these forums...and especially from me. So Brother, can you please stop with the infammatories. Furthermore, I am quite aware that "The" Jews have been wrongly blamed for MANY ills in the past. In many cases, anti-semitism was the root of that blame.

However, if Jews wish to occupy places of power and make decisions that effect peoples lives...then they can't cry "anti-semitism" when their bad decisions and corrupt uses of power go awry. People have a right to blame Jews...if the Jews mess up. They are also allowed to wonder what motivations are at the core of those bad decisions. That is not anti-semitism by any stretch of definition.

The fact is, there happens to be ALOT of Jews (not "the Jews") at the center of this mess...and there happens to be alot of people who staunchly support Jews backing them up. A person would have to be foolish to not at least look into how their actions may have been influenced by Jewish nationalism, or Zionism.

Guest shiloh357
Hmmm...I suspect you would have to look pretty hard to find an example of "classic" anti-semitism on these forums
I didn't say anything about these forums. I am explaining WHY the European tendency to blame Jews for econonmic downturns is classic, historic anti-Semitism as opposed to your ill-informed opinion which says it is not. History proves you wrong.

So Brother, can you please stop with the infammatories.
I am not being "inflammatory." I am simply correcting your skewed understanding of what constitutes anti-Semitism.

However, if Jews wish to occupy places of power and make decisions that effect peoples lives...then they can't cry "anti-semitism" when their bad decisions and corrupt uses of power go awry.

This is not a case of Jews in power crying anti-Semitism just to avoid taking responsibility for their bad decisions. The poll being referenced did not single out Jews in position of power. In fact, anti-Semitism makes no such distinction. It is "the Jews" in masse that are blamed for the economy going sour. At no time in history when Jews were blamed for sour economies, was there any selective criticism. All were blamed and all were expelled.

People have a right to blame Jews...if the Jews mess up. They are also allowed to wonder what motivations are at the core of those bad decisions. That is not anti-semitism by any stretch of definition.
It is one thing to hold a person, Jewish or not, responsible for their wrongdoings. It is another thing entirely, to simply cast the blame for a tanking economy on "the Jews." That is what some 31% of the respondents in this poll are doing, and THAT is anti-Semitic, like it or not. It is a reflection of the age-old anti-Semitism that has plagued Europe for centuries.

They are also allowed to wonder what motivations are at the core of those bad decisions. That is not anti-semitism by any stretch of definition.
That is a textbook example of how anti-Semitism works. It assigns sinister values to Jews based off of nothing but suspicion. It assumes that because they are Jews, their wrongdoings must have deeper motivation than would exist if it were a nonJew committing the same act.

Frankly, your comments are starting to reveal a lot about yourself.

The fact is, there happens to be ALOT of Jews (not "the Jews") at the center of this mess...
Yeah, and they have already been tried and convicted by you.

and there happens to be alot of people who staunchly support Jews backing them up.
Really, who are these supporters of the Jews are backing up the Jews who have acted corruptly??? Let's see if your fact finding abilities are still as laughable as they were the last time you spun your tired conspiracy theories.

A person would have to be foolish to not at least look into how their actions may have been influenced by Jewish nationalism, or Zionism.
Yeah, 'cause everybody knows if you are Jew, you are autotmatically a Zionist. :emot-questioned: That is just racist stereotyping at its best.

I suggest you quit now before you end up disgracing and making a fool of yourself.

but what??? You are willing to at least partly blame "the Jews?"

Not "the Jews"...but rather "some Jews."

Hmmm...I suspect you would have to look pretty hard to find an example of "classic" anti-semitism on these forums...and especially from me. So Brother, can you please stop with the infammatories. Furthermore, I am quite aware that "The" Jews have been wrongly blamed for MANY ills in the past. In many cases, anti-semitism was the root of that blame.

However, if Jews wish to occupy places of power and make decisions that effect peoples lives...then they can't cry "anti-semitism" when their bad decisions and corrupt uses of power go awry. People have a right to blame Jews...if the Jews mess up. They are also allowed to wonder what motivations are at the core of those bad decisions. That is not anti-semitism by any stretch of definition.

The fact is, there happens to be ALOT of Jews (not "the Jews") at the center of this mess...and there happens to be alot of people who staunchly support Jews backing them up. A person would have to be foolish to not at least look into how their actions may have been influenced by Jewish nationalism, or Zionism.

Axx, I'm amazed you would say that....one can read the same words (more or less) on Al Jazeera's website. :emot-questioned: When a Christian businessman is caught in criminal acts does anyone point out his Christianity? How about a Hindu? A Buddhist or muslim? No....no one does. A person's faith has nothing to do with the fact that they become a criminal. It's more likely that a LACK of faith contributes to that kind of thing.