IGNORED

America in scripture

cafferni

Nowhere in Holy Writ is there a nation represented by a bull . . . :emot-hug:

I never said there was?

But every European will tell you that a woman riding on a beast is the symbol of Europe and, in fact, is where they got the name. It is why they still use this symbol today.

Europa, the daughter of the King of Tyre, is where the name for Europe comes from....

And the cradle of modern "civilization" (greco-roman-american culture and philosophy) comes from the same cave she was raped in on the island of Crete.

It is somewhat interesting how Tyre is a kingdom that "fornicated with the kings of the earth" and was destroyed by the Lord in quick order also.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

As I Read It We Are Mentioned Many Places In The Bible

Here Are Just As Few

"For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies."

Revelation 18:3

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

Revelation 18:23

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city."

Zechariah 4:2

"And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts."

Malachi 3:12

you may have some spiritual insight, but aside from that, those are some pretty big assumptions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Nowhere in Holy Writ is there a nation represented by a bull . . . :emot-hug:

I never said there was?

I know. Didn't say you did.

But every European will tell you that a woman riding on a beast is the symbol of Europe and, in fact, is where they got the name. It is why they still use this symbol today.

Europa, the daughter of the King of Tyre, is where the name for Europe comes from....

And the cradle of modern "civilization" (greco-roman-american culture and philosophy) comes from the same cave she was raped in on the island of Crete.

Yes, it is from this same polluted well that the names of the months of the year and days of the week come from after Greek mythology as well . . . but even most Americans can tell you that.

However, it will only get worse with the continuing passage of time

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

1). Why isn
Edited by Celt

As I Read It We Are Mentioned Many Places In The Bible

Here Are Just As Few

"For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies."

Revelation 18:3

"And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

Revelation 18:23

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city."

Zechariah 4:2

"And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts."

Malachi 3:12

you may have some spiritual insight, but aside from that, those are some pretty big assumptions.

Assumptions? Those are direct quotes from the Word of God!

I also "assume" they are true so I'm not sure what your disagreement is?

Those who would be forewarned of God's judgments would do well to give heed to that which God has revealed to His prophets and not mythology . . . for it is only a witness to fables and not truth . . . for Europa was never raped in a cave by Zeus. It's all fables.

Well of course it's a fable.....as all mythology is

But don't miss the point. This imagery was written to people who understood the symbolism of a woman on a beast as Europa. Two millennia later, you can't start redefining the symbolism to fit personal scenarios just because you don't like the imagery Yochanan used on Patmos.

Those who would be forewarned of God's judgments would do well to give heed to that which God has revealed to His prophets and not mythology . . . for it is only a witness to fables and not truth . . . for Europa was never raped in a cave by Zeus. It's all fables.

Well of course it's a fable.....as all mythology is

But don't miss the point. This imagery was written to people who understood the symbolism of a woman on a beast as Europa.

I am not missing the point. I just cannot accept imagery of mythology as applicable here or anywhere to properly exegesis any part of Holy Writ. Can you find anywhere in scriptures where the imagery given to God's prophets have given any life or breath to the graven images? Does not scripture always point out that the idols are not gods, but stone or wood and must be carried about? There is never any credence in God's word to the lies of heathenism . . . nor can the lies of such give credence to God's word. Regardless of to whom the imagery was written, the foundation of the imagery is a lie. It was not written to enlighten, but to present an alternative to the truth.

Plus, the point I am making Brother Yod is that if the over all image of the whore riding the 7 headed beast doesn't represent Europe then the myth, like all lies, only serves to steer people from the truth and leave them in darkness.

Two millennia later, you can't start redefining the symbolism to fit personal scenarios just because you don't like the imagery Yochanan used on Patmos.

Nobody is redefining anything and the issue isn't really whether or not I like anything.

But I will tell you 3 things I do not like -

1. I do not like the use of the Hebrew name of the Apostle John when all the public discourse taking place is in English and using the English translation of scripture. Nowhere in the English translations have the translators utilized the Hebrew "Yochanan" to refer to who most believers simply know as John the apostle. If we were having a lesson on Hebrew names, fine. But otherwise it is a needless distraction and can create confusion for any unlearned followers of the thread.

2. I do not like the submittal of Greek mythology imagery which is completely founded in lies and the comparing it to Holy Writ imagery and saying "this is that."

3. I do not like people defining what I am doing or what I like. If there is a weak link in my reasoning then point it out with sound doctrine . . . not fables or the traditions of men.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Found it...

Isaiah 3:4-7

4 I will make boys their officials;

mere children will govern them.

5 People will oppress each other

But I will tell you 3 things I do not like -

1. I do not like the use of the Hebrew name of the Apostle John when all the public discourse taking place is in English and using the English translation of scripture. Nowhere in the English translations have the translators utilized the Hebrew "Yochanan" to refer to who most believers simply know as John the apostle. If we were having a lesson on Hebrew names, fine. But otherwise it is a needless distraction and can create confusion for any unlearned followers of the thread.

2. I do not like the submittal of Greek mythology imagery which is completely founded in lies and the comparing it to Holy Writ imagery and saying "this is that."

3. I do not like people defining what I am doing or what I like. If there is a weak link in my reasoning then point it out with sound doctrine . . . not fables or the traditions of men.

1. I couldn't care less if you want to revise the names of the Apostles. His name was, and still is, Yochanan. I'm only interested in what is true and it doesn't matter if someone is distracted by the truth.

2. Yochanan was communicating to a world well-versed and even pervaded by Greek mythology and his desire was for them to understand. If you interpret the scriptures apart from the person speaking and their intended audience then you will miss the context and meaning. He was definitely speaking of something that pertains to Europe.

3. I don't like trying to have a rational discussion with someone who has arrogantly put God in a little box they've made. It always happens in the eschatology discussions...you are just another person who knows it all so there is no need for me to continue talking with you about it.

I doubt anyone is listening to you at this point so go ahead and keep puffing yourself up.