• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Is Once Saved Always Saved true.

I know that my only hope is Jesus. I know that salvation can come by no other way.

But can I lose it.

If my life doesn't produce good fruit?

Will Christ reject me if I don't forgive my fellow brother for wronging me.

I was born again at 22. I truely believe that when I asked him to be my Lord and saved me, that I meant it, every word.

What if when I asking him to be my Lord and Savior, the answer was no.

I have so many question and would like to hear your thoughts of both sides of the coin.

Is Once Saved Always Saved, true or not.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

in the bible it says not even the angels can pry me from his hands

thats sounds pretty permanent to me

arrow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

in the bible it says not even the angels can pry me from his hands

thats sounds pretty permanent to me

arrow

Unless we choose to be pried. It's all about our choice.

Do you think I am saved, if I bare no good fruit.

Maybe I am afraid of burning and who wouldn't want a better life after this one,

So I have to work for it

It's not enough to ask Jesus for it?

Edited by kitty1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Quick answer no OSAS is not true. I will give a more indepth answer after the thread gets going.

Ever felt like you are being stalked? :whistling: Look its an Arminian in the bushes :noidea::D Did you hear someone pull a sword? :21:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I know that my only hope is Jesus. I know that salvation can come by no other way.

But can I lose it.

I was born again at 22. I truely believe that when I asked him to be my Lord and saved me, that I meant it, every word.

I have so many question and would like to hear your thoughts of both sides of the coin.

Hi Kitty,

Believe the Scriptures.

Jesus promised that He would not loose any the the Father gave to Him to save. He cannot fail. Paul tells us that He that bagan a good work in us WOULD complete it. If it is left unfinished that would mean that God had not kept His word through Paul. The scriptures tell us that the saints will persevere to the end. Those that do not persevere were never saved in the first place. Jesus also said that His sheep would never perish under any circumstance. If you are one of the elect of God you are already glorified and already have eternal life. Eternal life cannot be eternal if it ends.

LT

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

OSAS and POTS (Calvinistic perseverance of the saints/TULIP) is not true. The Bible teaches conditional vs unconditional eternal security.

Believers are secure in Christ. A believer is someone who believes and continues to believe (Jude 24-25; Rom. 8). We have assurance, despite our doubts and struggles (Peter denied Christ; Thomas doubted), if we do not reject the person and work of Christ and return to godless unbelief. There are proof texts for this motif.

The Bible also warns about the possibility of apostasy or falling away. Since we are not robots, it is possible to renounce Christ. Judas is an e.g. of this (he was called an apostle and became a son of hell/perdition) as was Charles Templeton (Billy Graham type evangelist who died an atheist rejecting Christ). Heb. 3; 6:4-6; 10.

It is possible to shipwreck our faith as Paul warns. God is faithful, but this does not preclude us become faithless. Nothing can separate us from Him, but unbelief is a unique sin, the antithesis of saving faith.

Just as men can reject the saving power and grace of Christ (universalism is not true), so men can reject the keeping power/grace of the Spirit.

Non-OSAS does not deny the security of the believer, but it does not give false assurance to those who fall away in the end.

The issue is whether a believer can cease to believe and revert to unbelief. Since we are in the image of God with free will, it is possible to do so. This is more than struggling with sin or honest doubts. It is a willful, final sin against great light where we no longer are in Christ.

I Jn. 5:11-13; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 3:36 (note Greek present tenses for faith in other verses...continuous faith; faith that ceases is unbelief).

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

One's theological worldview/paradigm affects how we read texts. Calvinism/determinism, Arminianism/Open Theism (free will theisms), Molinism are the main options. I personally find Open Theism to be the most biblical, coherent free will theism (determinism impugns the character of God in the issue of the problem of evil and should be rejected, unless you are a fatalistic Muslim).

But can I lose it.

Hi Kitty,

Believe the Scriptures.

Jesus promised that He would not loose any the the Father gave to Him to save. He cannot fail. Paul tells us that He that bagan a good work in us WOULD complete it. If it is left unfinished that would mean that God had not kept His word through Paul. The scriptures tell us that the saints will persevere to the end. Those that do not persevere were never saved in the first place. Jesus also said that His sheep would never perish under any circumstance. If you are one of the elect of God you are already glorified and already have eternal life. Eternal life cannot be eternal if it ends.

LT

But what if the Father never gave me to him.

What if I am Satan's joke.

Not wanting to burn.

Wanting to serve Jesus, but producing no fruit because I want to be saved for the wrong reasons.

I want to be his

I want a loving Father

but I can't seem to get it right, and when I read my bible. I feel like every vile sin, unworthy and unchanging.

I feel like the millioniar who walked away because he couldn't give up his money.

My pray life is sorrowful and fearful that I will be rejected, because I can't get it right.

OSAS and POTS (Calvinistic perseverance of the saints/TULIP) is not true. The Bible teaches conditional vs unconditional eternal security.

Believers are secure in Christ. A believer is someone who believes and continues to believe (Jude 24-25; Rom. 8). We have assurance, despite our doubts and struggles (Peter denied Christ; Thomas doubted), if we do not reject the person and work of Christ and return to godless unbelief. There are proof texts for this motif.

The Bible also warns about the possibility of apostasy or falling away. Since we are not robots, it is possible to renounce Christ. Judas is an e.g. of this (he was called an apostle and became a son of hell/perdition) as was Charles Templeton (Billy Graham type evangelist who died an atheist rejecting Christ). Heb. 3; 6:4-6; 10.

It is possible to shipwreck our faith as Paul warns. God is faithful, but this does not preclude us become faithless. Nothing can separate us from Him, but unbelief is a unique sin, the antithesis of saving faith.

Just as men can reject the saving power and grace of Christ (universalism is not true), so men can reject the keeping power/grace of the Spirit.

Non-OSAS does not deny the security of the believer, but it does not give false assurance to those who fall away in the end.

The issue is whether a believer can cease to believe and revert to unbelief. Since we are in the image of God with free will, it is possible to do so. This is more than struggling with sin or honest doubts. It is a willful, final sin against great light where we no longer are in Christ.

I Jn. 5:11-13; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 3:36 (note Greek present tenses for faith in other verses...continuous faith; faith that ceases is unbelief).

[/quote

I will never cease to believe, he is my only hope, but I feel like I was predestined to burn, because I haven't changed, Where are my good fruit?

Why can't I get it right.

Why aren't my prayers answered,

why do I always make the wrong choice.

Free will is all about choice and I don't want it.

I want the right way set before me.