• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I watched this extraordinary sermon twice since yesterday and he very clearly states that just because you accepted Christ and were 'saved' doesn't mean you are forever saved IF you are not continually repenting and walking in the Light. He said that many American Christians do things that are not pleasing to God, but explain them away by saying "I'm saved". I think the emphasis is that we have to be continually evolving in our life with Christ. We are never finished - just because we asked Christ into our heart - we must repent and work out our Salvation all the time. He preaches that the American Church has given the faithful a message that is not true. I am never satisfied that I've done enough to follow God and to become the kind of Christian God would have me to be. I have to keep on seeking knowledge in the Word. I feel as though I have to re-examine my faith and keep it constantly attuned to what God would have me do. I know that I am saved by the Blood of Christ's sacrifice - but I cannot rest until I feel I've done everything I can possibly do to submit to Him and to Glorify God.

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Thank you Onelight for posting this video. It was excellent and very thought-provoking.

Well,

What I heard was that if a person is truly regenerated, if they are truly one of those known by JESUS, then, if they stray from the path, HE will nudge them back on.

If, on the other hand, you are just someone who prayed a prayer and have no signs of being regenerated, then you are likely to be one of those who will show up and JESUS will say I never knew you.

In what I heard, he clearly stated that someone who is truly saved and truly regenerated will show forth good fruit. The one who is not truly saved and truly regenerated, will not. In the process of drawing the distinction between those who have a religion and those who have a relationship, he did explain those who have a relationship and are the beloved will also be established in that unbreakable bond of love between them and GOD. I am pretty certain he pointed to GOD as the one who does this.

The fact that a person is constantly seeking to improve their relationship with CHRIST and their walk in this world is proof of that regenerated spirit that GOD has put in a person and GOD will continue to do a work with.

"HE who has begun a work in you is faithful to complete it"

But, hey, I am probably wrong.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kross,

Christians are accountable for their actions - let the words and actions MATCH.

Jesus/God NEVER turns His back on us, it is WE who stray and walk away from Him - as Matt 7 v 23 suggests - those professing allegiance to Him NEVER had an intimate relationship with Him - never were obedient and continued to walk in sin - obviously not repentant in anyway, although believing/misled into thinking they were "good Christians"..

Although Saved, we MUST walk in His path - the road is NOT easy - it is a daily struggle against flesh and DAILY we need the Spiritaul manna to get us through.

I only know that all the victories I have recieved are from HIM. I walk as one guided by the irresistable toward the imaginable. This is not of myself and I will not take any credit for it.

The sin I do, I do out of my nature. The sin I resist, I resist as a result of GOD deciding to empower me to overcome it. The ONLY good in this world is from GOD.

I realize you believe in free will. I am greatful that my will is not free. I have been bought with a price, I am not my own, the life I now live is not mine, I am a bond servant of JESUS CHRIST, captive to HIS will and desires. I am greatful that JESUS will never allow me to fall away from HIM or be tempted more than I can take.

Guest HIS girl

Kross -

Those that truly love Him desire to do His will - He is faithful to all who abide in Him.

We must be accountable for our actions that are sinful and repent on a daily basis - not living in willful sin..that is not abiding in Christ.

People need to read the Bible more and get to KNOW the Word and not just listen to Sunday morning sermons...it's a daily "feeding" of the Word and daily guiding of the Holy Spirit - it's a daily step by step walk toward eternity with Him, Praise God!!

Guest HIS girl

What I'm really trying to say is - one is either with(abiding) God/Jesus or not - some think they are but evidently they are not. Matt 7 v 23 attests to that. Their fruit is not of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Well,

What I heard was that if a person is truly regenerated, if they are truly one of those known by JESUS, then, if they stray from the path, HE will nudge them back on.

If, on the other hand, you are just someone who prayed a prayer and have no signs of being regenerated, then you are likely to be one of those who will show up and JESUS will say I never knew you.

In what I heard, he clearly stated that someone who is truly saved and truly regenerated will show forth good fruit. The one who is not truly saved and truly regenerated, will not. In the process of drawing the distinction between those who have a religion and those who have a relationship, he did explain those who have a relationship and are the beloved will also be established in that unbreakable bond of love between them and GOD. I am pretty certain he pointed to GOD as the one who does this.

The fact that a person is constantly seeking to improve their relationship with CHRIST and their walk in this world is proof of that regenerated spirit that GOD has put in a person and GOD will continue to do a work with.

That is right on with what he was saying, but it is not the message of OSAS.

The reason I posted this video was in hopes that it would allow others to see what I have been seeing, but could not put it into words like he did. I am so concerned that our churches are filling up with dead bones that were once alive. Outside of church, it is hard to tell a christian from a sinner these days and that bothers me. With the growing of beliefs like the Emergent church, it is only getting worst, and there are few that are being watchmen, sounding the call to arms on any matter.

Sure, we gather in nice places like here, but how is this effecting the body of believers that are fulfilling scripture, where we are shown what it will be like in the end times, which we are now in ... Matthew 24:12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

I watched a movie not too long ago called Time Changer, where an 1890 Bible teacher came to 1990. What he saw was alarming to him in so many ways. I suggest that, if you can, you watch it.

As I was looking through God Tube's videos, I came across this 48 minute video that will cause anyone to stop and rethink their lives ... Shocking Youth Message Stuns Hearers - So Shocking & Biblical

I would like to discuss the contents if anyone will take the time to view it.

God Bless!

I love good, true prophetic preaching.

As I have read some of the posts recently about OSAS I have tried to explain what this preacher was saying. If you are truly one of GOD's people, you will reflect it and HE will keep you on the path. The change that comes over a person who is truly saved is permanant and absolute and it will be reflected in bearing fruit and living a GODly life, doing GODly things, wearing GODly attire.

This is also the point he made;

It is all done as an act of GOD. You can be in church playing Christian, but you can only be saved by an act of GOD.

I wish all preacher would preach as if they will be accountable for what they say. Too many handle the word of GOD as if it is just a text book.

I saw nowhere in his teaching on this video where he agrees with OSAS. In fact, he stands against it by saying that just because you once repeated a prayer, that does not mean you are saved.

Two Points I Took Away

One - Does Jesus Know You? (Amen!)

And If He Does

Two - Fruit Will Show As You Live

Bottom Line, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

Well,

That is right on with what he was saying, but it is not the message of OSAS.

The reason I posted this video was in hopes that it would allow others to see what I have been seeing, but could not put it into words like he did. I am so concerned that our churches are filling up with dead bones that were once alive. Outside of church, it is hard to tell a christian from a sinner these days and that bothers me. With the growing of beliefs like the Emergent church, it is only getting worst, and there are few that are being watchmen, sounding the call to arms on any matter.

Sure, we gather in nice places like here, but how is this effecting the body of believers that are fulfilling scripture, where we are shown what it will be like in the end times, which we are now in ... Matthew 24:12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

I watched a movie not too long ago called Time Changer, where an 1890 Bible teacher came to 1990. What he saw was alarming to him in so many ways. I suggest that, if you can, you watch it.

It is one of the Christiano Brothers films. They do good films.

You see, there is a difference in OSAS than some understand. It really should be If saved always saved. It is not the "always" that should be in question, it is the "saved". That is a big "IF".

By the way, most of us who preach prophetic expository messages are standing up and crying out that the church is not in any way a reflection of the truth of JESUS CHRIST. GOD will continue to send those kind of preachers to HIS people even though HIS people are not going to heed their cries. One simple reality of GOD end times plan is that HIS people are going to continue to fall away. This is what will allow GOD to unleash the evil of men and then HIS wrath on them.

HE has made us promises that if we do all, and be all, that HE has said, HE will heal the land and it will be well with us and HE will keep that "hedge of protection" strong around us. As you see that hedge weaken, you will know that it is because we are not what the body of CHRIST is supposed to be.

Perhaps one of the most disturbing & Biblical statements he made in the sermon is that preaching the truth could result in his not being invited back. Yet, it has been my experence that churches are hungry for real true prophetic preaching, at least those where the HOLY SPIRIT is still working.

What I'm really trying to say is - one is either with(abiding) God/Jesus or not - some think they are but evidently they are not. Matt 7 v 23 attests to that. Their fruit is not of Christ.

We both say the same things, we just give the credit slightly differently. I believe scripture clearly teaches that it is only in HIS power that we stay on that narrow path that leads to the narrow gate.

Others believe it is by HIS power, but that we decide when and how HE uses that power. Thus, if Satan influences us to walk away, GOD will just let us because we have free will and HE will not do anything special to stop us. Thus people say that we can walk away. I am certain that a truly regenerate person will not degenerate. In the midst of this sermon discussing what it is to be regenerated (saved) he also touches on this point (even though it was not the topic of the sermon)

I believe that GOD so loves HIS people that HE indwells them with a HOLY SPIRIT that will love them as much as is needed and empower them to keep them on the path.

We are always accountable for our actions, by we have no position to claim having done anything good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You see, there is a difference in OSAS than some understand. It really should be If saved always saved. It is not the "always" that should be in question, it is the "saved". That is a big "IF".

I know where you are coming from ... if someone has truly tasted the sweetness of salvation, they will never turn from it. That goes against scripture, even though I do understand the question. Please tell me what you see in the following scripture.

Hebrews 6:4-6 (New King James Version)

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away,[a] to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Footnotes:

a. Hebrews 6:6 Or and have fallen away

This scripture sure talks of one who was saved, for one can not become partakers of the Holy Spirit unless they are saved.

I know where you are coming from ... if someone has truly tasted the sweetness of salvation, they will never turn from it. That goes against scripture, even though I do understand the question. Please tell me what you see in the following scripture.

Hebrews 6:4-6 (New King James Version)

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away,[a] to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Footnotes:

a. Hebrews 6:6 Or and have fallen away

This scripture sure talks of one who was saved, for one can not become partakers of the Holy Spirit unless they are saved.

I question wether it is talking about those who are regenerate as opposed to those who have tasted. I do not believe it means that someone who sins after being saved can not be saved again. Which, in it's fullest surface understanding, is what you would have to say it says. Which means there is more than one unforgivable sin on the books.

So, to say it simply, I do not understand this scripture fully.

How do you understand this scripture;

Eph 1:13-14 "...in whom also, after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that HOLY SPIRIT of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of HIS glory."