• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Lighten up peeps. The Redneck comedy tour is about as benign as they come. If you don't like it, you don't like the comedy genre. Don't watch it.

Don't laugh and don't act happy and don't even smirk. No wonder so many churches are shrinking in membership.

A fact that bears repeating....lest we forget, redwing. :thumbsup:

This is not about the rights as a US citizen, it is about your rights and duties as a future citizen of heaven.

I dont believe that God is a big fan of "well I am not as bad as that other guy".

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Jesus hates sin, not humanity. And not humor or laughter.

Jesus created the world; therefore He hates the world. Put your hair up in a bun and put on your best sour face. :thumbsup:

The people who opposed the world in the first century were called Pharisees. We still got them today ...

Lighten up peeps. The Redneck comedy tour is about as benign as they come. If you don't like it, you don't like the comedy genre. Don't watch it.

Don't laugh and don't act happy and don't even smirk. No wonder so many churches are shrinking in membership.

Oddly enough I don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Why does fun and laughter have to be rude and morally offensive?

I agree. I do enjoy humor - I'm currently reading my way through the Terry Prachett 'Discworld' novels and they are funny - but I really do not like rude or crude humor. I avoid watching tv. I like the old shows - Red Skelton, Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, Carol Burnett - but the new stuff is just bleah as far as I'm concerned.

I believe Jesus hates sin, not humanity. And not humor or laughter.

Again, you dont need to be rude and morally offensive to have humor and laughter.

Everyone has their threshold. What is offensive to you might not be offensive in the least to me. I don't want you determining what ifs funny to me. God gave me my own brain and I will use it.

Jesus created the world; therefore He hates the world. Put your hair up in a bun and put on your best sour face. :)

WHAT? :thumbsup: dude, you make no sense at all.

I can only picture you as the SNL Church Lady. She hates EVERYTHING.

The people who opposed the world in the first century were called Pharisees. We still got them today ...

nothing could be further from the truth about the Pharisees. The Pharisees took the Law of God and made it about the world. They replaced God with the world.

How so? Bologna! That is just crazy talk.

Why does fun and laughter have to be rude and morally offensive?

It doesn't. I suggest Dr. Sues.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

For those of you familar with Southern Gospel you may know AAron Wilburn. He's my favorite comedian, and a wonderful song writer.

http://www.bsaworld.com/aaronwilburn.php

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Again, take a good look at the stuff Larry puts out and laugh at the funny stuff and toss the crude mess aside. We are all adults for the most part and know how to discern good from evil. Draw a line where you're uncomfortable and when he crosses it, turn him off.

Guest LadyC

kc is actually two credits (i think?) shy of finishing bible college. he's not unfamiliar with the bible, even though i don't agree with some of his views.

but.... that comment that he made that you think made no sense? it was SARCASM.... and i thought it was kinda funny... made funnier by your response, even!

to rephrase what he said in the words of a famous christian comedian, God doesn't expect His children to go around looking like they've been sucking green persimmons.

Guest LadyC

please, give me a break. at what point did i ever so much as imply you had to like crude or offensive comedy to have a sense of humour? maybe you should go back and read through what i've posted and see that i'm not particularly fond of crude comedy either, and that i was the one that brought up how many fabulous and funny christian comedians are. i've even stated that kc and i have differing opinions. but i'm an equal opportunity defender, RG.... i'll defend anyone who you are unfairly attacking, misquoting, or misrepresenting what they say.

Guest LadyC

oh trust me, it's not that i've taken such an interest in you RG. it's just that you're all over the place lately. i'd defend even YOU if someone were unfairly attacking or misquoting you, even if i disagreed with you.

Guest LadyC

because your response made his comment funnier? your response had nothing to do with the theme of the thread, so why should it making kc's comment funnier have anything to do with it? oh come on, you were making me laugh in the other thread, proving that you DO have a good sense of humour, don't ruin it for me now, my donut might give me indigestion! (if i even get there in time for a donut....)