• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1968

You're going to have to dig deeper, my pearls, my pearls.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1. Satan (the one who tempted Christ) is not the Satan of Revelation 20. Revelation 20 is talking about the Great Red Dragon (which is called a "satan"or simply enemy, it is used as an adjective not proper name.
Scripture ...

Revelation 20:1-2

Satan Bound

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

and ...

Revelation 12:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)

The Red Dragon, Satan

Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.

And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

There is only one who swept away 1/3 of the angels from heaven and that is Satan.

2. I can explain the Ottoman Empire in more detail. But concerning your point: The empire is not world wide, obviously. The Ottoman Empire had a system in place, where only Muslims could buy and sell. Everyone else had to pay a tax. To buy and sell you had to be a Muslim, to buy and sell land, you had to be in the military. You had to be a Muslim to do that. You take it to literally, I take it symbolically.
Sounds like a good forerunner, but not the same. Again, scripture ...

Revelation 13:11-18 (New American Standard Bible)

The Beast from the Earth

Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.

He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six

3. I mention the thousand years. It is not for us, it is for those who were killed by the Beast and False Prophet. They have been resurrected already. Christ returns to earth to set up his everlasting kingdom, that is seen in Rev. 11 and 20, just before the judgment of the dead, which happens after the "1,000 years".
I see nowhere in Revelation 11 scripture pertaining to the second coming of Christ. I see a reference to what will happen, but no Christ yet.

How I see it can be found in Mathew 24, 2 Thessalonians 2, 1 Thessalonians 4 and Revelation 19-20. You have to place them side by side to see the truth. It has not happened yet. As for the 1000 year reign of Christ, it does say that those who died due to not taking the mark of the beast will reign with him for the 1000 years, but we also find "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." When you look at more then one scripture, you can see that it all fits together; 7 year tribulation; Christ return and the catching away; 1000 year reign with those who are with Him and Satan bound; Satan loosed for a time to gather "Gog and Magog" for the final battle; God destroys all that oppose Him; Great White Throne Judgment; New Heaven and New Earth; New Jerusalem. The tribulation is just starting, the two witnesses have yet to appear, the mark has not yet been brought forth ... scripture.

4. To turn it around, some people do not dig enough and err on the side of simplicity.
Can't argue with that. People who try to take the simplified explanation do not get into the meat of the word, and those who go beyond, add their understanding through extra biblical readings or their imagination. The truth if found by the teaching of the Holy Spirit and the confirmation of the saints, who themselves have His Spirit. His Spirit will guide us in all truth.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I agree. One man...a real man...Satan's right-hand man....will rise up from the area of the Old Roman Empire & offer "peace" to Israel. Check out Daniel 9:24-27, one of the Bible's most important prophecies. At the half-way mark of the 7-years' Tribulation, Satan's right-hand man will break the covenant with Israel & all "hell" will break loose! Make sure you're saved & washed in Jesus' blood! He is our Shelter in a time of storm!

Once again I must ask, is anyone familiar with the wedding supper parable, it's intended guests, and the result of their refusal to attend?

Edited by precepts

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Wedding Feast

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2

Onelight's

Matthew 22

Edited by precepts

LV's

What would make a christian believe that Christ would have anything to do with the Jews.

Read Romans 9,10, 11.

Zechariah 14

Christ is for the Jews, because he is Jewish, he is the king of Judah, from the line of David. He is the Eternal King of Israel.

The jews referred to in those verses are the ones that accepted Christ, everyone else is Antichrist. Anyone that knows the scriptures knows of the forsaking and total destruction of the Jews and the earthly Jerusalem. Edited by precepts

Onelight's

Matthew 22

1. Satan (the one who tempted Christ) is not the Satan of Revelation 20. Revelation 20 is talking about the Great Red Dragon (which is called a "satan"or simply enemy, it is used as an adjective not proper name.
Scripture ...

Revelation 20:1-2

Satan Bound

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

and ...

Revelation 12:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)

The Red Dragon, Satan

Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.

And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

There is only one who swept away 1/3 of the angels from heaven and that is Satan.

2. I can explain the Ottoman Empire in more detail. But concerning your point: The empire is not world wide, obviously. The Ottoman Empire had a system in place, where only Muslims could buy and sell. Everyone else had to pay a tax. To buy and sell you had to be a Muslim, to buy and sell land, you had to be in the military. You had to be a Muslim to do that. You take it to literally, I take it symbolically.
Sounds like a good forerunner, but not the same. Again, scripture ...

Revelation 13:11-18 (New American Standard Bible)

The Beast from the Earth

Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.

He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.

And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.

And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six

3. I mention the thousand years. It is not for us, it is for those who were killed by the Beast and False Prophet. They have been resurrected already. Christ returns to earth to set up his everlasting kingdom, that is seen in Rev. 11 and 20, just before the judgment of the dead, which happens after the "1,000 years".
I see nowhere in Revelation 11 scripture pertaining to the second coming of Christ. I see a reference to what will happen, but no Christ yet.

How I see it can be found in Mathew 24, 2 Thessalonians 2, 1 Thessalonians 4 and Revelation 19-20. You have to place them side by side to see the truth. It has not happened yet. As for the 1000 year reign of Christ, it does say that those who died due to not taking the mark of the beast will reign with him for the 1000 years, but we also find "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." When you look at more then one scripture, you can see that it all fits together; 7 year tribulation; Christ return and the catching away; 1000 year reign with those who are with Him and Satan bound; Satan loosed for a time to gather "Gog and Magog" for the final battle; God destroys all that oppose Him; Great White Throne Judgment; New Heaven and New Earth; New Jerusalem. The tribulation is just starting, the two witnesses have yet to appear, the mark has not yet been brought forth ... scripture.

4. To turn it around, some people do not dig enough and err on the side of simplicity.
Can't argue with that. People who try to take the simplified explanation do not get into the meat of the word, and those who go beyond, add their understanding through extra biblical readings or their imagination. The truth if found by the teaching of the Holy Spirit and the confirmation of the saints, who themselves have His Spirit. His Spirit will guide us in all truth.

I will lay out a few post of my logic, based off what I have written. Feel free to interact with it.

There is no need. I have already given how I see the coming days and you have already stated what you believe will happen, but if I have not been clear enough, I will explain what I believe will happen. It will take a bit because I do not have it nicely placed together in writing. We differ greatly on the timing of these events. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Yet, I will agree with you that the Second Coming of Christ is where we will be caught up with Him, which has been termed the "Rapture". I am also like you who see both literal and symbolic meanings in the Prophesy of John in Revelation. Much of Revelation is symbolic.

LV's

So you seem to be back tracking a bit. Either he is for the Jews all the time or none of the time.

God judged the Jews, but that is a far cry of stating that Christ has nothing to do with them, when the bible states otherwise.

Like I said before, he who denies Christ is of the antichrist spirit which was in the world then and is in the world know.

Onelight's

No where in my post did I ever say Christ would have nothing to do with the Jewish Nation. Judgment came upon the nation for turning their back on God, but they are still, always have been and always will be, His people. Your statements are antisemitic and are not going to flow here.
And your's is Antichrist.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.