IGNORED

When God is silent.

givennewname

Hello,

I've been reading this thread and it's not that I believe I'm lost, I just don't know where I am. Maybe I can't hear God through all the clutter of my mind. It's not that I'm not trying to be still...I am. Nothing comes. For some reason I have been starting to think that I should not, talk about what is happening with me. I consider that taking my eyes off of God and putting right center stage on me me me. It's quite a dilema. One that I do not understand. One thing I do understand is my selfish self-centered ways of living the past few years. Coming back to God has brought on more misunderstanding than understanding. Years and years ago we sang this song, Isaiah 40:31 and I do wonder if what is happening is simply I'm trying to run ahead and not wait for God to do what He wants to do with my life. Perhaps this is why I can't hear...I'm so far ahead that His voice can not catch up with me. I also have those thoughts that my heart is deceiving me. After all, the heart is decietful. Read that somewhere in Jeremiah...I think chapter 17.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure what you are asking the Lord but a lot of the times i find answers in his word. Do you have a "God's promises" book? This may help. Sometimes i may not be able to find specific answers, but when i cannot i look for principles in the Bible that may fit the situation. Silent times are oppertunities for me to trust God for the best and step out in faith. If your not sure, dont do it. However i find that He is speaking offten. We may not like what we hear but He is King! Hope this helps. DO NOT GIVE UP, FAITHFULNESS WILL PAY OFF!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

When God is silent... Is he

angry

busy or

Just have nothing to tell us??

It makes me so frustrated.. when sometimes prayer just don't go beyond the ceiling and feel that God is giving me the silent treatment.

This is very understandable. We all experience this. There are many reasons for this. One is that God is training you. He is guiding you further into His plan for you. Your prayers may still be answered but just not in your time it will be according to God's time and when your prayers are answered you have been brought by God to the place where you fulfill His plan.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

angry

busy or

It makes me so frustrated.. when sometimes prayer just don't go beyond the ceiling and feel that God is giving me the silent treatment.

This is very understandable. We all experience this. There are many reasons for this. One is that God is training you. He is guiding you further into His plan for you. Your prayers may still be answered but just not in your time it will be according to God's time and when your prayers are answered you have been brought by God to the place where you fulfill His plan.

Oh boy, have I been there! I thought that God must have something really big going on in the world to be ignoring me so. Well, come to find out... He was busy... busy working on me.

Just keep loving God and persevere: wait on the Lord.

Edited by Permie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I feel his silence too even right at this moment. I know he is with me and hears me but certain times he feels more distant than others. You have gotten good responses here which are helpful to me too.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

Be of good cheer all those who may be experiencing God's silence! He is always with you! Never will Jesus, Our Lord and Savior, leave or forsake you!

He is our High Priest forever making intercessory prayer on our behalf!

Never forget this.

Be of good cheer for the work He is now performing within you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

God is never silent. He speaks continually through His written word and through creation

angry

busy or

in my personal experience, when God is silent, He's usually waiting on me to stop arguing with Him so i can listen to what He has to say.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/07/1955

angry

busy or

When i don't hear from Him.. i keep up with what He last told me to do.I know it sounds hard to some..and way to simple for others.But i know if my children are doing as i ask?

I leave them to thier work.He is my Father,so i don't worry.He WILL correct me if i move out of His will. :) Blessing and His Peace to you,Ahva